Premier League Gameweek 28

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Arsenal will win the league, they play good football most games and it should be enough
Yup. I think they'll manage to get a draw at the Emirates, then the league is theirs.

Clanrickard

Supports
Arsenal
Thats not "bending over"... that's getting outplayed !!!
It's a title contender against a relegation candidate.
Exactly.It's amazing how many Man United fans assume professional footballers only raise their game against them and somehow give in to other teams.

Matt851

Trossard would have been a good signing for us if we had any money in Jan. Can play across the front line, and would be a better cf for us than weghorst. Was just waiting around prior to mudryk sacking off arsenal as well

rajds89

Nothing more than a fairytale, Leicester esc season. They’ll be back to being irrelevant next season.

Zen

Arsenal are very good and all..... but Palace in the build up to that goal were an absolute shambles, just standing still, what the hell.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Xhaka always look so awkward in the box but he somehow gets a goal :lol:

ZainCRse7en

How did we not go for trossard when he was available? Hell he would have done a much better job here than weghorst?

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Nothing more than a fairytale, Leicester esc season. They’ll be back to being irrelevant next season.
Leicester won the league with 81 points with 2nd placed Arsenal on 71 points.

We're on track for 94 points with City on track for 85 points. Nothing Leicester esc about this :)

Last edited:

Agila Dathi

White and Xaka celebrated when White kicked the ball for a corner, only for them to concede from that corner :lol:

awop

Supports
Arsenal
White and Xaka celebrated when White kicked the ball for a corner, only for them to concede from that corner :lol:
There was no need for it too, White wanted to hit it hard on Zaha :lol: Some quick karma

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Not salty at all, I just don’t see what everyone else is seeing in them. On form, City are a much better outfit than what Arsenal are.
In grand scheme of football, city are way ahead. You saw the game in Emirates. Arsenal were pressed to oblivion, and they were outplayed in all part of the game.

City are levels above Arsenal but Arsenal have been more consistent than City.

Dazzmondo

Hope Palace get relegated after sacking Vieira. Their run of fixtures was terrible and they wouldn't have been expected to win any of those games taking each individual fixture on its own. Sacking him right before they had a good run of fixtures where they could turn it around was really crappy. Should have at the very least been given the game against Leicester and if they lost there fair enough make the change. Going for Roy Hodgson just reaffirms the poor decision making at the club.

mu4c_20le

Didn't know Jesus was back. Would be hilarious if he couldn't win his place back from Trossard.

rajds89

I hate this kind of crap. It’s like Bluemoon and RAWK here of late.

Bitter drivel.
I don’t hide the fact I can’t stand Arsenal and as such don’t often feel the need to wax lyrical over them like a lot on here seem to. It’s still also my opinion that they are nothing but consistent, they aren’t a patch on others who have won the league over the last few years.

Dazzmondo

How are Arsenal so consistent this season?
Arsenal have very good players all over the pitch. Think people massively underrate the actual talent in their squad. There was a lot of great young talent in their squad last season but they were underachieving. Still, the likes of Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli and Gabriel were very good. They added Zinchenko, Saliba, Jesus, Trossard to their starting XI and Partey and Xhaka both improved massively. Partey was injured for a lot of last season and that's definitely a big factor also, but the squad is way stronger than people were acting at the start of the season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Hope Palace get relegated after sacking Vieira. Their run of fixtures was terrible and they wouldn't have been expected to win any of those games taking each individual fixture on its own. Sacking him right before they had a good run of fixtures where they could turn it around was really crappy. Should have at the very least been given the game against Leicester and if they lost there fair enough make the change. Going for Roy Hodgson just reaffirms the poor decision making at the club.
I was initially ok with the decision but new evidence has given me food for thought. They are still like 12th in the league, albeit only three points away from the drop but there's still like a 5 team buffer from that. And then you state further evidence in Vera's favour that I hadn't considered before.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
This poor kid just spent 2 hours bored to death stuck in a suit and tie :(

Mr. Robot

I don’t hide the fact I can’t stand Arsenal and as such don’t often feel the need to wax lyrical over them like a lot on here seem to. It’s still also my opinion that they are nothing but consistent, they aren’t a patch on others who have won the league over the last few years.
Your argument falls flat straight away then seeing as you can’t stand Arsenal. Whoever wins the league deserves it and there’s no evidence whatsoever that Arsenal don’t be a force next season too. Man City have to worry about court cases etc plus Utd having new owners, Newcastle being a force.

And Utd fans on here throwing hissyfits every weekend when other teams win is just cringe as feck. As long as Liverpool don’t win the league, I couldn’t give a shit.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Your argument falls flat straight away then seeing as you can’t stand Arsenal. Whoever wins the league deserves it and there’s no evidence whatsoever that Arsenal don’t be a force next season too. Man City have to worry about court cases etc plus Utd having new owners, Newcastle being a force.

And Utd fans on here throwing hissyfits every weekend when other teams win is just cringe as feck. As long as Liverpool don’t win the league, I couldn’t give a shit.
You could argue that either way. It’s not unheard of for teams to be strong one season and dreadful the next.. I mean, just ask Tuchel he knows from experience.. :nervous:. Their biggest challenge from here, regardless of their finishing placement, is consistency. Can they maintain this or is it a one season wonder. It’s a valid question, if asked in the right way.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
If we win the league this season, I'm happy for us to "be terrible" next season. Come onnnnn

Fabio Rochemback

I hope Arsenal win it. Never would have said that at the start of the season if they choice was between them and City, but they're great to watch and have done things the right way, developing young players to reach their potential, and sticking with a manager who had a vision. Fair play.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It was our home form last season that kept us up. Yes, one win doesn't have to be the end of the world but when you've been unbeaten for so long as you have at your ground, one loss to break that can be a difference in shaking that feeling of 'invincibility' so to speak. You have pretty tough home game fixtures left too - United, Arsenal, Southampton, Wolves and Brighton.
I get what you are saying but I think it’s the manner of the defeat that’s more important. We were in the game, scored first and played the ref as well. That type of defeat can bring the team together. As for run in - it’s no more different than anyone else’s. There are a couple of big 6 pointers coming up though.