Premier League Gameweek 28

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Silly individual mistakes costing us again. well done Simms though. We definitely have better character in the side though, would have crumbled last season or earlier under Lampard.

Havertz can feck off too, the cnut. Giving Pickford the big one after the penalty when chelsea could have won comfortably if he didn’t fluff several chances. Prick.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dyche is too good. To think Everton were going to let that serial loser Bielsa come and play with their U21s and watch them get relegated

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I suppose the absolutely shite football is worth staying up for but my goodness are Everton dreadful to watch.

lex talionis

The fee involved and wages was something like £16m (With no option to buy).

Both United and Arsenal weren’t interested at that price.
That sounds about right to me.

Depending on what one believes we were capable of accomplishing with Felix, it may well have been worth the price to borrow him from Atletico. We've dropped some stupid points since January 1 in the PL, including to Palace (1-1), Arsenal (3-2), Leeds (2-2) and Southampton (0-0). I will disregard the thrashing by Liverpool as not even Messi at his peak could have prevented the thrashing on that abysmal day.

We can't assume Felix would have scored a goal in every one of those matches, but I don't think it would be a stretch to assume he would have scored a goal in two of those matches against what most of us regard as mediocre opponents. That's not provable for sure, but it is demonstrably the case that Felix brings a lot more to the attack than Wout does. Say two of those draws were instead wins, adding 4 hour points to our current tally. Where I'm going with this is that had we had a proper 9 -- fine, Felix is not a proper 9 but he's more of one than Wout is -- we might still be in the hunt for a PL trophy, which we're definitely out of now.

But then again, perhaps ETH actually believed Martial would be fit again and that Wout would be cover, not a de facto regular starter, which Wout has become. If he believed Martial would return to duty and not his gurney for months at a time, then of course it would be hard to justify a huge outlay for Felix just to rot on the bench.

Anustart89

That sounds about right to me.

Depending on what one believes we were capable of accomplishing with Felix, it may well have been worth the price to borrow him from Atletico. We've dropped some stupid points since January 1 in the PL, including to Palace (1-1), Arsenal (3-2), Leeds (2-2) and Southampton (0-0). I will disregard the thrashing by Liverpool as not even Messi at his peak could have prevented the thrashing on that abysmal day.

We can't assume Felix would have scored a goal in every one of those matches, but I don't think it would be a stretch to assume he would have scored a goal in two of those matches against what most of us regard as mediocre opponents. That's not provable for sure, but it is demonstrably the case that Felix brings a lot more to the attack than Wout does. Say two of those draws were instead wins, adding 4 hour points to our current tally. Where I'm going with this is that had we had a proper 9 -- fine, Felix is not a proper 9 but he's more of one than Wout is -- we might still be in the hunt for a PL trophy, which we're definitely out of now.

But then again, perhaps ETH actually believed Martial would be fit again and that Wout would be cover, not a de facto regular starter, which Wout has become. If he believed Martial would return to duty and not his gurney for months at a time, then of course it would be hard to justify a huge outlay for Felix just to rot on the bench.
The difference between finishing 1st and 4th in the PL is £6.6m. So unless we drop out of the CL getting Felix over Weghorst wouldn't make sense financially given the difference in cost between signing the two players.

Source: https://theathletic.com/3305637/2022/05/12/premier-league-prize-money/

bosskeano

that's the type of luck they are getting this season.....zaha hits the post and it comes back off Ramsdale but out for a corner unlike what happened with Villa and Martinez to win them the game

Man-United

Don't let city back in the title race please. The quicker they can't win the treble the better.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Definitely conceding in this game, better score quickly :nervous:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
that's the type of luck they are getting this season.....zaha hits the post and it comes back off Ramsdale but out for a corner unlike what happened with Villa and Martinez to win them the game
Oh well, the luck will run out eventually. Probably next season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What happened to Chris Richards?

I thought he looked good in his run of starts at turn of the year yet they're starting James Tomkins against this quality of forward line?! :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How have Arsenals season been with regards to injuries?

I know Jesus' been missing

Mike Smalling

How have Arsenals season been with regards to injuries?

I know Jesus' been missing
Jesus out for a long stretch and Partey for periods as well? I think that’s it in terms of their key players. Smith-Rowe and Tierney also out most of the time it seems.

Josh 76

Macheda's goal was matchday 31, that Bournemouth game for Arsenal was matchday 26. Put some respect on Macheda's moment.
Macheda’s goal was one of the most dramatic goals I’ve ever seen. The only two goals I would put ahead of that were Ole CL final and Giggs FA cup semi final.