Premier League Gameweek 3

Classical Mechanic

Levy's contract policy which has led to Eriksen and Toby wanting out. Your best player's head is out of the club but it looks unlikely that anyone will move for him. If he's just pay them their market rates this wouldn't happen. I honestly can't understand why any player signs the daft contracts that Levy offers.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think he'll be happy with the Eriksen situation and how Levy is an economics first guy.
There's nothing we can do about the Eriksen situation. We've tried to keep him, he doesn't want to stay.

Vertonghen being dropped is bizarre, selling Trippier (despite his poor form) was stupid and I don't see that being something Levy forced upon him, and going for a kid like Sessegnon is all well and good but we needed someone to come in and compete down the left side right now.

I don't know who is to blame for these decisions, but if it is Poch then he needs to be called out on it. And he needs to be called out on the horrendous tactics today, because for 90 minutes we played sideways crab football and didn't try anything remotely new to break them down. He continues to persist with starting Lamela who 90% of the time offers nothing, he continues to go with boring, creatively void midfields against sides who sit back and park the bus, and the team continues to be asleep for the first half of games.

I love Poch, fecking adore him and what he has done for the club, and I certainly don't think anybody could do a better job. But he's not beyond criticism. The coach is responsible for getting the team up for games and selecting a team which has the right balance, and he's not doing either of those things at the moment.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Levy's contract policy which has led to Eriksen and Toby wanting out. Your best player's head is out of the club but it looks unlikely that anyone will move for him. If he's just pay them their market rates this wouldn't happen. I honestly can't understand why any player signs the daft contracts that Levy offers.
What has Eriksen and Toby been offered?

Classical Mechanic

What has Eriksen and Toby been offered?
He tries to get them to sign new contracts with small increases on a semi regular basis doesn't he but they are still all on money under their actual worth in the market? Often significantly under their worth. Signing those small regular increase contracts just means you're trapped on long contracts all the time and on relatively poor money.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's actually really hard to see how Pochettino wants us to play at the moment. We have no discernible style of play or attacking philosophy, the players today all looked clueless on the ball as if they had no idea what to actually do with it, kept passing responsibility to somebody else.

And again, this isn't a call for Poch's head, but something isn't right at the moment. We're making the same mistakes week after week and it's the same issues which keep popping up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
There's nothing we can do about the Eriksen situation. We've tried to keep him, he doesn't want to stay.

Vertonghen being dropped is bizarre, selling Trippier (despite his poor form) was stupid and I don't see that being something Levy forced upon him, and going for a kid like Sessegnon is all well and good but we needed someone to come in and compete down the left side right now.

I don't know who is to blame for these decisions, but if it is Poch then he needs to be called out on it. And he needs to be called out on the horrendous tactics today, because for 90 minutes we played sideways crab football and didn't try anything remotely new to break them down. He continues to persist with starting Lamela who 90% of the time offers nothing, he continues to go with boring, creatively void midfields against sides who sit back and park the bus, and the team continues to be asleep for the first half of games.

I love Poch, fecking adore him and what he has done for the club, and I certainly don't think anybody could do a better job. But he's not beyond criticism. The coach is responsible for getting the team up for games and selecting a team which has the right balance, and he's not doing either of those things at the moment.
Winks was basically doing this the whole game. Basically another Cleverly. Just passing it to the closest man he sees.

Only when erikson came on did ye change. Winks and Sissoko is overkill in the middle. Both have no vision.

I dont even support spurs and was basically begging winks to look up and give a good defense splitting pass, which he could not.

Varun

Staff
It's actually really hard to see how Pochettino wants us to play at the moment. We have no discernible style of play or attacking philosophy, the players today all looked clueless on the ball as if they had no idea what to actually do with it, kept passing responsibility to somebody else.

And again, this isn't a call for Poch's head, but something isn't right at the moment. We're making the same mistakes week after week and it's the same issues which keep popping up.
It's been the case for a while now. You looked out of ideas towards the end of last season itself but the ones below you outshitted you.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He tries to get them to sign new contracts with small increases on a semi regular basis doesn't he but they are still all on money under their actual worth in the market? Often significantly under their worth. Signing those small regular increase contracts just means you're trapped on long contracts all the time and on relatively poor money.
Did u see my question? Eriksen would have been offered close or equal to Kane which would be basic 200k a week, how Is that underpaying? If they want to go for money fair enough let them go, I honestly don’t care, this isn’t what we were talking about. Poch is stubborn, doesn’t play Eriksen, but plays Toby? You asked me a question I gave my opinion, if u don’t agree fair enough, but you won’t change my mind.

Irrational.

The contracts are also ridiculously long, which can lead to morale stagnation. He also doesn't allow them to leave very easily. Signing with Spurs is pretty much a prison sentence at times for those players with higher ambitions.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Winks was basically doing this the whole game. Basically another Cleverly. Just passing it to the closest man he sees.

Only when erikson came on did ye change. Winks and Sissoko is overkill in the middle. Both have no vision.

I dont even support spurs and was basically begging winks to look up and give a good defense splitting pass, which he could not.
Agreed, Winks can be a useful player in games where we don't have all the ball and we need a player who is happy to press and is comfortable in possession, but in games where we need a spark or someone who can seriously pick a pass, he's completely useless. Him and Sissoko is a completely uninspiring midfield.

Pochettino is being stubborn with his team selections. I was worried as soon as I saw the team sheet today, only Lamela has any creativity from midfield but he's better in games where he has space to play in to, otherwise he ends up running in to brick walls.

Classical Mechanic

Did u see my question? Eriksen would have been offered close or equal to Kane which would be basic 200k a week, how Is that underpaying? If they want to go for money fair enough let them go, I honestly don’t care, this isn’t what we were talking about. Poch is stubborn, doesn’t play Eriksen, but plays Toby? You asked me a question I gave my opinion, if u don’t agree fair enough, but you won’t change my mind.
Because other clubs would pay Kane and Eriksen a lot more, they are paid less than they are worth in the open market and by quite a lot. I mean Kane could command wages of £400k a week plus and Eriksen £300k a week plus.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Do you blame Pochettino for the easy tap in that Lucas Moura or Kane missed? Also the penalty on Kane that was not given?

It is obvious the blame is on the lack of quality of the players on the pitch. My nan would not have fluffed these chances. When footballers are payed so much, it should be a fine to miss those chances.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The contracts are also ridiculously long, which can lead to morale stagnation. He also doesn't allow them to leave very easily. Signing with Spurs is pretty much a prison sentence at times for those players with higher ambitions.
Bullshit, where is levys gun? Where were the offers for Toby and Eriksen? Is Pogba a prisoner? God such a stupid post.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He did? Pleaseeeeeeee tell me what he did?
It's the standard narrative now, apparently. It was all him changing the game against Villa as well.

He's a good player and can pick a pass so instantly an upgrade over Winks, but this idea that he just comes in and transforms us is a joke.

Like I said before the game .. his performance against City was an embarrassment. I don't care how good they are, he's supposedly the heartbeat of our team and he couldn't pass a football or be arsed to show some fight.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Do you blame Pochettino for the easy tap in that Lucas Moura or Kane missed? Also the penalty on Kane that was not given?

It is obvious the blame is on the lack of quality of the players on the pitch. My nan would not have fluffed these chances. When footballers are payed so much, it should be a fine to miss those chances.
Mate seriously, feck off, he had Eriksen and GLC (his own player on the bench)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's the standard narrative now, apparently. It was all him changing the game against Villa as well.

He's a good player and can pick a pass so instantly an upgrade over Winks, but this idea that he just comes in and transforms us is a joke.

Like I said before the game .. his performance against City was an embarrassment. I don't care how good they are, he's supposedly the heartbeat of our team and he couldn't pass a football or be arsed to show some fight.
Agree, there is a reason he is still here.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Because other clubs would pay Kane and Eriksen a lot more, they are paid less than they are worth in the open market and by quite a lot. I mean Kane could command wages of £400k a week plus and Eriksen £300k a week plus.
Then let them go, not a problem with it. I don’t want mercenaries here, no skin of my nose.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Mate seriously, feck off, he had Eriksen and GLC (his own player on the bench)
That does not excuse those players missing those easy chance a blind dog would have scored.

Eriksen is dropped because he is not committed to Spurs. GLC is taking time to adapt. In a few more game time, if Eriksen has still not committed, I can ensure you GLC will be starting as he has eased in by then. However, things are not looking good for Spurs at the moment because GLC is not at Eriksen level yet.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

We're going to have chances/half chances in games like this, every team does.

Yes, it was a penalty, yes Lucas should have scored. But the performance was still utterly dreadful, the team selection was still completely uninspired, and it's still incredibly hard to see any kind of a game plan from Pochettino at the moment.

We're playing shit on a stick football week in week out. Today it was sideways passes galore, last week it was playing like we're a discount Burnley. You can't look at performances like these and say it's the fault of individuals, as a team we aren't looking well coached or as if we genuinely have any kind of hunger or desire to win games. We don't look remotely like what a Pochettino team is supposed to look like, basically.

Like @InLevyITrust says, he has a 55 million midfield signing on the bench and Eriksen, but we're still going with a Winks/Sissoko midfield at home to Newcastle. There's nothing there at all, and we don't come out of the blocks looking like we want to win games. It's the third game of the season, there's no excuse for a team completely lacking intensity or being as lazy with our passes as some of our players were today.

Seriously, watch back the Villa/City/Newcastle games and tell me: what is Pochettino's philosophy, how does he want his team to play? Because right now I'm not seeing any discernible style, or if there is one it's completely failing to be applied.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That does not excuse those players missing those easy chance a blind dog would have scored.

Eriksen is dropped because he is not committed to Spurs. GLC is taking time to adapt. In a few more game time, if Eriksen has still not committed, I can ensure you GLC will be starting as he has eased in by then. However, things are not looking good for Spurs at the moment because GLC is not at Eriksen level yet.
Toby isn’t committed but plays? Your talking absolute horse shit. Honestly please lick Pochs arse all u want I don’t care but your looking like a fool.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's been the case for a while now. You looked out of ideas towards the end of last season itself but the ones below you outshitted you.
I kind of waved it off last season because we had a few great games in Europe, but it's definitely true we fluked our CL spot last season. Fell apart as a side.

In the league it's now a lot of games since we've put in a genuinely good performance. I honestly think this team needs a rebuild and it's not going to be at all easy to get that done.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We're going to have chances/half chances in games like this, every team does.

Yes, it was a penalty, yes Lucas should have scored. But the performance was still utterly dreadful, the team selection was still completely uninspired, and it's still incredibly hard to see any kind of a game plan from Pochettino at the moment.

We're playing shit on a stick football week in week out. Today it was sideways passes galore, last week it was playing like we're a discount Burnley. You can't look at performances like these and say it's the fault of individuals, as a team we aren't looking well coached or as if we genuinely have any kind of hunger or desire to win games. We don't look remotely like what a Pochettino team is supposed to look like, basically.

Like @InLevyITrust says, he has a 55 million midfield signing on the bench and Eriksen, but we're still going with a Winks/Sissoko midfield at home to Newcastle. There's nothing there at all, and we don't come out of the blocks looking like we want to win games. It's the third game of the season, there's no excuse for a team completely lacking intensity or being as lazy with our passes as some of our players were today.

Seriously, watch back the Villa/City/Newcastle games and tell me: what is Pochettino's philosophy, how does he want his team to play? Because right now I'm not seeing any discernible style, or if there is one it's completely failing to be applied.
Spot on.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Toby isn’t committed but plays? Your talking absolute horse shit. Honestly please lick Pochs arse all u want I don’t care but your looking like a fool.
:lol: I feel your anger.

I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Poch on this forum, but shit if you can't criticise him for the way the team is playing recently, when the hell can you criticise him?

The way we fell apart in the league last season was completely unacceptable, and the way we've started this campaign has been terrible too.

If you can't motivate the team at the start of the season, then as a coach you have issues. And we don't look at all motivated.

Varun

Staff
I kind of waved it off last season because we had a few great games in Europe, but it's definitely true we fluked our CL spot last season. Fell apart as a side.

In the league it's now a lot of games since we've put in a genuinely good performance. I honestly think this team needs a rebuild and it's not going to be at all easy to get that done.
I don't get the CM he picks. 2 players with 0 creativity vs Newcastle :lol: You've strengthened a lot at CM but totally ignored the FB spots.

Thankfully for you, the other 3 are dross as well so think woull finish 3rd again if Poch just plays Eriksen in the middle from the off.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And that's basically what I mean when I said drop Kane.

He's our best player, but right now he's totally wasted with the way we're trying to play. Against Arsenal if we perform like this I can see him having another game where he's just completely anonymous because he's a relatively old fashioned striker, he needs balls in to the box and genuine service coming his way. We used to give that to him consistently and that's why we got 30+ or 40+ goals a season from him.

It's pointless having Kane if you can't be bothered to get the ball in to him when he's in the box. It's not like he's going to stretch the opposition.