Premier League Gameweek 3

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good result despite the ref. Did well to weather the storm early in the 2nd half. Superb effort to come away with a point in the circumstances.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Am I missing something, or was I just not paying attention? Harvey Elliott was Neville’s honourable mention — he’s done nothing against a 10 man Chelsea in midfield?
He was tidy but that's about it. Didn't actually worth mentioning.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We need new ideas up front. Can't expect to last the season with these. Salah is the only one who has maintained his level.

FahadiHossein

Liverpool is still as predictable as last season. They are just a little better now since the core of the team is back, but some of their attacks have been the same for way too long (TAA whipping in crosses, Robertson crossing in low).

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Why is everyone here so against a Liverpool win? Their lack of depth makes them far less of a threat in this long season. Chlesea is the real danger. No top them has the edge on them h2h since Tommy T settled and now they have lukaku to pummel the smaller teams. A draw is a good result but a chelsea loss I think would have been better for our title challenge.

CloneMC16

Great defensive performance by Chelsea. I have no idea how Fabinho finished that game without a yellow card. He made 3 yellow card worthy challenges.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Well done, Chelsea. Held on really well with ten men, apart from the first 15 minutes after half time Liverpool didn´t even trouble them too much. Deserved a point for sure and with a little bit of luck could have even won the game with the Lukaku or Kovacic situation in the second half.

Btw, I have almost forgotten what an unlikeable person Klopp is, good reminder today.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Disgraceful match. What liverpool got to do to get even a booking? Fabinho about 20 fouls, Salah kicks ball away, nothing.
Never a red too, ball deflects on to Reece's arm, he moves it but the ball has gone by then. Referee didn't even look at the full incident properly on VAR.... Still can't use it properly.

Can't take any pleasure in the good defending when it's quite obviously not a fair match from minute one.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Points dropped. But terrific, organised defending from Chelsea.

Laughable to debate the red. Hand on the line. Harsh, but red all day.

I know he has already scored a goal this season, but Mane has shockingly declined as player.
Our striking options from the bench look shite.

Something happened to Klopp. Used to be a charming guy, now complete opposite
He is pretty ruthless, and at times even holds a grudge. Ask Sakho.
Just because he flashes a wide smile, people assume that he is nice all the time.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Havertz was the easy one to be taken off but wrong decision, should have taken Lukaku off and Chelsea could have won the game.

TrustInOle

Brilliant result for us, but the more I watch this Chelsea side the more I think it's going to take a few magical performances to break them down this season!

Johnny Love

Very good display by Chelsea, they might even give City a run for their money for PL title.

marktan

I don't think there's a team more suited to playing with 10 men than Chelsea
It's been that way for along time, I remember the draw they got vs prime Barca with 10 men for half the match. The year could be 2100 and they'll still probably grind out a result with 10 men.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Why is everyone here so against a Liverpool win? Their lack of depth makes them far less of a threat in this long season. Chlesea is the real danger. No top them has the edge on them h2h since Tommy T settled and now they have lukaku to pummel the smaller teams. A draw is a good result but a chelsea loss I think would have been better for our title challenge.
Ssh. This place is ruled by Man Utd Taliban.

Achilles McCool

No way Chelsea holding on to this draw, no way in hell, never ever ever, in a million trillion years. Not happening. Forget it.
It's coming lads, any minute now. Don't get your hopes up. It's inevitable.
I say goals in the 65th min, 70th min and 89th min all from Liverpool, nailed on. 100%. They are winning this, no doubt about it.
There is, so so so much that there is NOOOO way they don't score the winner. They gel so well, the goal they score will be so swell.
Queue stoppage time winner from Liverpool. You can bet your house, car, cat/dog and wife/husband on it. Sure bet, trust me. Liverpool are winning this.
It's the hope that kills you. These lot are winning this, never going to end 1-1! Never.
Yep, injury time, nailed on. It's happening.
Your voodoo continues to amaze me! Well done, Sir!
Maybe save some of that magic for United’s upcoming fixtures?

red4ever 79

Well that's that. Neither of those two sides will win the league this season. Liverpool shocking in midfield and over reliant on the front 3.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Chelsea's defense is serious business, even while a man down. They surely have to be in the title race this season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Am I missing something, or was I just not paying attention? Harvey Elliott was Neville’s honourable mention — he’s done nothing against a 10 man Chelsea in midfield?
I thought it was ridiculous myself!

Yes the kid didn't look out of place, was assured and matured on the ball, but he didn't do anything to affect the game against a team with 10 men.

You just have to be English and do the bare minimum for Gary Neville to hype you up. :lol:

Steve 007

I said this last season, it wasn’t Liverpool’s defence that meant they didn’t retain the title. It’s their attack. Salah despite being greedy is a great player and will again be battling for top scorer and Jota is potentially a great player but Firminio and Mane are finished. Mane is a shadow of his former self, there’s no way despite Van Dyke looking great again that Liverpool can win the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you need explaining to about why we don't want a Liverpool win on a Man Utd forum, I'm not sure this is the place for you.

Bulldog United

Klopp is probably whining about stoppage time, and tbf he probably has a point. But who cares, plus Taylor needed to confirm he's a still a Manc.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Tuchel has been a very likeable guy since he moved to England. Not as irritable as he once was and always says the right things.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Well that's that. Neither of those two sides will win the league this season. Liverpool shocking in midfield and over reliant on the front 3.
How did you work that out from that match? We had 10 men at Anfield and defended very well.