Premier League Gameweek 31

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don't disagree, I just don't think you invested in the right areas in the summer and your approach seemed to be simply getting lots of players in that were available rather than specific targets to fit a vision.

Unusual for you guys. I think you would have been better saving on a couple of them, trusting what you had last season, and going for one real top player in a key position. You know?
Eh, I think we did better than we have recently at least! I definitely agree with your philosophy towards squad building but I do think we adhered to that better than we have recently. No Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Emerson, etc.

Overall I think we viewed (correctly) as a buyer's market and took advantage to the extent we could. Agreed that we could have optimised better but given who was available overall I don't think we did too badly. I am very much biased, however!

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
It really is disgraceful how little effort most teams in the league put in against the plastic sides. Contrast this shitshow vs when they play a real team. Fvcking shambolic.
Or maybe we aren't letting them play?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
These commentators putting Chelsea’s improvement down to the great work by Frank Lampard. Unbelievable.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The alleged MAGA supporting bastard gets a second.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Bizarre as I really liked Benteke at Villa. Fantastic player. Just went to rubbish at you lot. Bit like Keane and the other CFs you bought in that period.
Not sure what happened. He used to tear us apart when he played for Villa and would regularly score against us. I think it was down to being a big fish in a small pond at Villa and he struggled not being the main man at Anfield. Better players than him have struggled moving to a bigger club and the psychological aspect of the game cannot be underestimated.

TheReligion

Abusive
Eh, I think we did better than we have recently at least! I definitely agree with your philosophy towards squad building but I do think we adhered to that better than we have recently. No Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Emerson, etc.

Overall I think we viewed (correctly) as a buyer's market and took advantage to the extent we could.
Agreed that we could have optimised better but given who was available overall I don't think we did too badly. I am very much biased, however!
I think that's kinda my point. I don't think you took advantage as much as you should have done. You spent a fortune in areas that didn't need it and you'd of been better using the cash elsewhere.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Havertz should have two or three by now. Finishing remains an issue, despite four goals.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
It really is disgraceful how little effort most teams in the league put in against the plastic sides. Contrast this shitshow vs when they play a real team. Fvcking shambolic.
You sound childish tbh. We just lost to pre relegation West Brom at home

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure what happened. He used to tear us apart when he played for Villa and would regularly score against us. I think it was down to being a big fish in a small pond at Villa and he struggled not being the main man at Anfield. Better players than him have struggled moving to a bigger club and the psychological aspect of the game cannot be underestimated.
Yeah most definitely psychological as he's never really recovered. At Villa he had all the attributes of a top PL forward and was such a handful. Thought he'd be great for you at the time.

cyberman

Need Chelsea to play well since they have City in a few games time

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Only positive from today is that it’s hopefully now only 7 games until Roy sees the door. Dreadful, pathetic display.

PoTMS

Right, count me as a Chelsea fan for the rest of the season. They are my only hope for keeping Liverpool out of the Champions League spots. Don't trust Moyes or Mourinho for one single minute.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
But its not 5 at the back
Oh most certainly not. Lazy from commentators.

I think that's kinda my point. I don't think you took advantage as much as you should have done. You spent a fortune in areas that didn't need it and you'd of been better using the cash elsewhere.
Gotcha! I think that makes sense for sure, but I suppose I just can't think of viable alternatives from last summer that'd improve us dramatically? I have had a couple beers though and am certainly not the brightest crayon in the box

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Christ, that Chelsea squad is incredible. They'll surely be contenders next season. Tuchel has done a great job since he's come in. They're basically in the semi-final of the Champions League so anything can happen there, and they're in another semi-final next week against City which could go any way. Things are looking good for them at the moment, unfortunately.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Has Howe taken the Celtic job? He is a bit of a home bird, so Palace might suit him.
Yeah especially as he's just had a kid. Think he'd be a decent fit at Palace; he definitely struggled more under the weight of expectations for us. Reckon the England U21s might be a decent fit for him as well.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Yeah especially as he's just had a kid. Think he'd be a decent fit at Palace; he definitely struggled more under the weight of expectations for us. Reckon the England U21s might be a decent fit for him as well.
If he goes to Celtic he can win trophies, getting in the habit of winning is a good thing. I thought Moyes should have done that after the United job

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Who comes in though?
Quite a few names linked already...Howe, Dyche, Lampard, Wilder...more ambitious names out there that have been whispered include Fonseca, Favre and Rafa. The team badly needs a new voice, Roy’s done a stirling job but it’s time.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I like how he cannot confirm the player is even a supporter of Trump and still calls him a bastard. Posters on here are just something else these days.
You really need to not take everything you see at face value. I was clearly taking the piss out of the troll (and terrible poster) @Judas who earlier called Pulisic a 'MAGA idiot'.

TheReligion

Abusive
Quite a few names linked already...Howe, Dyche, Lampard, Wilder...more ambitious names out there that have been whispered include Fonseca, Favre and Rafa. The team badly needs a new voice, Roy’s done a stirling job but it’s time.
Who do you want?

I think at times you have to be careful what you wish for. You have a rebuild job to do in the summer don't you and a number of first team players out of contract. Could be make or break in the summer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If he goes to Celtic he can win trophies, getting in the habit of winning is a good thing. I thought Moyes should have done that after the United job
Yeah I think that's fair generally, but given who's managing Rangers I think that'd be pretty toxic for him in this specific instance!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Who do you want?

I think at times you have to be careful what you wish for. You have a rebuild job to do in the summer don't you and a number of first team players out of contract. Could be make or break in the summer.
Believe I'm right in saying that Palace have had a greater proportion of minutes played by players out of contract in the summer than any PL club. Definitely a major job to be done.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Who do you want?

It's a risk but there comes a time a club at that level have to twist. Just settling for survival every season eventually catches up with you ala Stoke.

For one Charlton there's two Brighton's and Southampton's.

TheReligion

Abusive
Believe I'm right in saying that Palace have had a greater proportion of minutes played by players out of contract in the summer than any PL club. Definitely a major job to be done.
It's a risk but there comes a time a club at that level have to twist. Just settling for survival every season eventually catches up with you ala Stoke.

For one Charlton there's two Brighton's and Southampton's.
Yes they have alot. I shouldn't be lazy and give you a number really but I recall the majority of the first team are up for renewal including the manager. @Shipperley will know details.

I'd be interested to know what finances the club has (as will a prospective new manager, especially as they'll want to stamp their authority on things).

From where I'm sitting it looks a recipe for disaster.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yes they have alot. I shouldn't be lazy and give you a number really but I recall the majority of the first team are up for renewal including the manager. @Shipperley will know details.

I'd be interested to know what finances the club has (as will a prospective new manager, especially as they'll want to stamp their authority on things).

From where I'm sitting it looks a recipe for disaster.
It's odd. I really thought they'd kick on after the Josh Harris and David Blitzer consortium got involved but their investment is yet to materialise.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Chelsea have a great squad. Arguably the second best in the league ahead of Liverpool. The surprise was how badly Lampard did with it, rather than Tuchel doing anything special.