Premier League Gameweek 31

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
If United win both our games in hand we are 8 points off City with 6 games to go. If United and prime Sir Alex can lose that lead then so can City.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea have a great squad. Arguably the second best in the league ahead of Liverpool. The surprise was how badly Lampard did with it, rather than Tuchel doing anything special.
Are you mad?

City have the best squad. Liverpool can't even cope without VVD.

Judas

Open to offers
You really need to not take everything you see at face value. I was clearly taking the piss out of the troll (and terrible poster) @Judas who earlier called Pulisic a 'MAGA idiot'.
and then corrected myself minutes later? :lol: what an angry little sausage you are. Sorry I don't have much time for questionable gun lovers. Absolutely gutted you think so little of me, nights ruined, kids are crying.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
and then corrected myself minutes later? :lol: what an angry little sausage you are. Sorry I don't have much time for questionable gun lovers. Absolutely gutted you think so little of me, nights ruined, kids are crying.
Never feed the troll kids.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
It's odd. I really thought they'd kick on after the Josh Harris and David Blitzer consortium got involved but their investment is yet to materialise.
They’ve wanted out for the last two seasons, they were never about ploughing money in to the team but moreso improving the club’s infrastructure in order to flip us for a profit. What they didn’t take in to account was how much ballache it‘s been trying to take the stadium project forwards in the middle of South London (anyone who’s been to Selhurst will know what I mean) and we haven’t really moved anywhere with it. Utd paid for our new Cat 1 academy rather than H&B, thanks for that.

The number of players out of contract thing is a bit of a red herring as a significant chunk of them are fringe players or high earners who really need to be moved off the wagebill (Mama Sakho, Connor Wickham etc). We just released our accounts and 93% of our turnover went on wages during this Covid period so it’s simply a must for the club in order to make room for more sensible signings and a more sustainable model. Sakho is a prime example, £100k a week and has started 8 games this season. That would pay the wages of two more Ebere Ezes and that’s the way the club is heading; signing younger players with potential. Of the 12 that are out of contract there’s only 4 or 5 I’d actually want to keep.

Unfortunately Roy isn’t the man to oversee that rebuild. For those saying ‘be careful what you wish for’, this is the first time in 17 years I haven’t renewed my season ticket because I’m so bored of it and there’s still a chance Roy will be here. Palace have spent the majority of my life in the Championship so that’s nothing new for me should it happen. I hate watching this team...it’s weak, lacks any kind of excitement, lacks character, doesn’t get in peoples’ faces...all the things I expect of a Palace side regardless of the division. They were walking at various points today. Roy’s record without Wilf is also utterly abysmal so I question who it is that’s actually keeping us up.

Who should come in? Favre would be my ideal appointment as he’s done it at similar sized clubs and is happy to play young players but it’s probably between Dyche and Howe realistically. I think Dyche is more of the same to an extent but his team has a lot more fight than ours, they also mix it up and I’ve seen them play some good stuff at times. Would like to see what Howe could do with the likes of Wilf and Eze but obviously more concerns going the other way with him. There are pros and cons with all three of those but would have all three ahead of Roy. It’s time.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If United win both our games in hand we are 8 points off City with 6 games to go. If United and prime Sir Alex can lose that lead then so can City.
I knew people would be doing this :lol: don’t be ridiculous.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah most definitely psychological as he's never really recovered. At Villa he had all the attributes of a top PL forward and was such a handful. Thought he'd be great for you at the time.
Think most of us did to be honest. I was really excited when he signed for us but it didn't work out. He did the right thing moving on and we got paid really well for him as well so it was the best thing for everyone. Shame he hasn't recovered though, he was lethal at Villa.

Doracle

The “non penalty” for the Burnley defender kicking Longstaff in the head emphasises the inconsistencies we see. It’s no different to the Cooper one for Leeds yesterday but ones a red card and a free kick and VAR finds no clear and obvious error on the other.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The “non penalty” for the Burnley defender kicking Longstaff in the head emphasises the inconsistencies we see. It’s no different to the Cooper one for Leeds yesterday but ones a red card and a free kick and VAR finds no clear and obvious error on the other.
Joke. VAR needs to go. The experiment has run its course.

Ludens the Red

They’ve wanted out for the last two seasons, they were never about ploughing money in to the team but moreso improving the club’s infrastructure in order to flip us for a profit. What they didn’t take in to account was how much ballache it‘s been trying to take the stadium project forwards in the middle of South London (anyone who’s been to Selhurst will know what I mean) and we haven’t really moved anywhere with it. Utd paid for our new Cat 1 academy rather than H&B, thanks for that.

The number of players out of contract thing is a bit of a red herring as a significant chunk of them are fringe players or high earners who really need to be moved off the wagebill (Mama Sakho, Connor Wickham etc). We just released our accounts and 93% of our turnover went on wages during this Covid period so it’s simply a must for the club in order to make room for more sensible signings and a more sustainable model. Sakho is a prime example, £100k a week and has started 8 games this season. That would pay the wages of two more Ebere Ezes and that’s the way the club is heading; signing younger players with potential. Of the 12 that are out of contract there’s only 4 or 5 I’d actually want to keep.

Unfortunately Roy isn’t the man to oversee that rebuild. For those saying ‘be careful what you wish for’, this is the first time in 17 years I haven’t renewed my season ticket because I’m so bored of it and there’s still a chance Roy will be here. Palace have spent the majority of my life in the Championship so that’s nothing new for me should it happen. I hate watching this team...it’s weak, lacks any kind of excitement, lacks character, doesn’t get in peoples’ faces...all the things I expect of a Palace side regardless of the division. They were walking at various points today. Roy’s record without Wilf is also utterly abysmal so I question who it is that’s actually keeping us up.

Who should come in? Favre would be my ideal appointment as he’s done it at similar sized clubs and is happy to play young players but it’s probably between Dyche and Howe realistically. I think Dyche is more of the same to an extent but his team has a lot more fight than ours, they also mix it up and I’ve seen them play some good stuff at times. Would like to see what Howe could do with the likes of Wilf and Eze but obviously more concerns going the other way with him. There are pros and cons with all three of those but would have all three ahead of Roy. It’s time.
Funny this, I mentioned on here the other day that the Palace forum were depressed because of the football despite the results. A lot of this forum seem to think us entertainment moaners are irrational and that our complaints make us "the worse fanbase around".
I keep saying it, people don't just watch and enjoy football for results, they want to see progressive and entertaining football. No disrespect intended but Palace have probably never had it so good in terms of league position and yet you guys are still unhappy. Yet a load of people on here are stunned that United fans who've experienced endless trophies and entertaining football expect to see entertaining football.

You guys should go for Ismael at Barnsley. Dyche would just be a slightly modernised version of Hodgson. What Ismael is doing at Barnsley is miraculous, he played for you too so he'd jump at the chance.

Comet49

Saint Maxim, aged about 24 and has a 6 year contract, would cost a lot, but does to seem to have a ongoing injury. Great player, strong big and skilful, SBS.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Asm is brilliant to watch when on it

marktan

Has some shite games in him but ASM is good when he's on form.
I'd disagree with that, I've watched a lot of Newcastle matches in full over the last two seasons and he's always the best player when he plays.

I rate him that highly I'd make him our number one transfer target. Whichever top team eventually gets him will have a great player on their hands.

Santos J

I'd disagree with that, I've watched a lot of Newcastle matches in full over the last two seasons and he's always the best player when he plays.

I rate him that highly I'd make him our number one transfer target. Whichever top team eventually gets him will have a great player on their hands.
He was shite for ages before he was out with covid

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This minute's silence for Prince Philip thing is embarrassing, have any of the people at these clubs even met the bloke? I thought it was a bit weird for Maradona but at least he was actually a footballer.

Minute's silence for a big old racist followed by taking the knee against racism. The mind boggles sometimes.

Nothing major against Philip, it's just that his death is none of football's business and the message it sends is bizarre.

The Firestarter

Instead you'll have a title decider declared offside when it was onside by two blokes in a shed two hundred miles away. #progress
Any of the millimeter offsides would be 50/50 called either way if there was no VAR. And by the current rules, they are offsides. So again, you should complain about the offside rules, not the tech.

marktan

He was, my mate at work is a Newcastle fan and was moaning about him for ages saying they should take the money and run and he clearly wasn't alone

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...stle-saint-maximin-contract-analysis-19325456
I guess it's subjective, I watched most of their matches before he was out and he was always good to me. Dribbled well, good passes, good touch. The numbers bits in that article don't really mean much for Newcastle, his numbers for them as well as the team in general have always been poor as he's defending in his own half most of the time.

I think if you ask 95% of Newcastle fans they'll say he's their best player by some margin and has been for the last 2 years.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

What Utd for the academy thing?