Premier League Gameweek 31

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I knew it decades ago when I started playing. A PK has no time limitation.

You apparently knew the rule thirty minutes ago, yet still posted the opposite.

Don’t ever change. So typical.
Your across the pond so I don't expect for you understand the tongue in cheek humour in a reply to someone who joked about scoring in the last minute of a game.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Your across the pond so I don't expect for you understand the tongue in cheek humour in a reply to someone who joked about scoring in the last minute of a game.
Playing the “I was joking card” with a sprinkling of xenophobia in there for good measure. Stay classy

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How is Trezeguet allowed to have "Trezeguet" on his shirt? Are players just allowed to have their nicknames nowadays?

I remember Hasselbaink was not allowed to have "Jimmy" on the back of his because that's his nickname and not his real first name.

Could Harry Maguire have "Slabhead" if he wanted?

Nick7

How is Trezeguet allowed to have "Trezeguet" on his shirt? Are players just allowed to have their nicknames nowadays?

I remember Hasselbaink was not allowed to have "Jimmy" on the back of his because that's his nickname and not his real first name.

Nani had his nickname on his jersey over a decade ago. Chicharito too

Djemba-Djemba

Javier Hernandez had his nickname on his shirt 10 years ago.

And Maguire should have Slabhead on his shirt whether he wants it or not in my opinion.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Van Dijk has Virgil on his which I always found weird. Obviously that’s his name not a nickname but still.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto

You can't have nicknames in the Premier League? That explains something I've always wondered with the lack of famous nicknames in the shirts of players we sold to England :)

SwedishFish

Liverpool look bereft of confidence these days. A far cry from what they used to look like.

Withnail

I was just thinking about that.

Isn't there a long tradition of this, though?

Ronaldinho, Chicarito etc

I don't remember that about Hasselbaink. He should have been allowed have jimmy.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You can't have nicknames in the Premier League? That explains something I've always wondered with the lack of famous nicknames in the shirts of players we sold to England :)
It seems like you can. I might have imagined Hasselbaink getting refused his nickname!

I'd love to see an English player have their dumb nickname though.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Yeah I was wrong, I just remembered Deco and Maniche as well, that used heir nicknames when playing for Chelsea :)