Premier League Gameweek 32/33 + Carabao Cup Final

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Big result for Arsenal as it stands, this keeps them in the top half.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Tuned in for the last few minutes of this Villa v WBA match, both teams in white shorts is annoying me.

babablue

We are light years behind them in terms of quality of football. Sad, but true. Watching the Leeds match earlier proves that, the performances are shocking.
Didn't City lose to 10 man Leeds barely 2 weeks ago? City also had to hang on to get a point in the return match earlier in the season.

UnitedFan93

Didn't City lose to 10 man Leeds barely 2 weeks ago? City also had to hang on to get a point in the return match earlier in the season.
Results wise we've improved, however the quality of football compared to City has been nowhere near good enough over the course of the whole season.

I thought today the performance was appalling, absolute zero quality on the pitch.

TheReligion

Abusive
Results wise we've improved, however the quality of football compared to City has been nowhere near good enough over the course of the whole season.

I thought today the performance was appalling, absolute zero quality on the pitch.
Just looking at your posting history.

Do you ever offer anything positive or is the caf a place you log on to so you can moan and be negative about as many things as possible? Just curious why anyone would get pleasure form that.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A Sam Allardyce team being one step closer to exiting the Premier League is always worth celebrating

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's West Brom pretty much relegated.
Aye, squad just not good enough by the looks of it. Maybe some miracle-worker could have kept them up but 2 managers have had a go at it now, neither capable of getting the kind of points per game required.

Bilic = Played 13, 7 points, 0.54 points per game, full season at that rate = 20 points
Allardyce Played 20, 18 points, 0.90 points per game, full season rate = 34 points

Allardyce isn't massively off-pace and if they'd have hung on today he'd be at a point a game which sometimes is enough across a whole season but that's not a very good squad at all.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aye, squad just not good enough by the looks of it. Maybe some miracle-worker could have kept them up but 2 managers have had a go at it now, neither capable of getting the kind of points per game required.

Bilic = Played 13, 7 points, 0.54 points per game, full season at that rate = 20 points
Allardyce Played 20, 18 points, 0.90 points per game, full season rate = 34 points

Allardyce isn't massively off-pace and if they'd have hung on today he'd be at a point a game which sometimes is enough across a whole season but that's not a very good squad at all.
They'd have stayed up with what they have now imo. Think it's 11 points they have from last 8 games so much better form than us and most of the bottom half. Likes of Maitland Niles, Yokuslu and Diagne all improved them.

I think what people are forgetting is them and Fulham had a really short turnaround, Fulham won play off final on 4th August for instance and first prem game was 13th September so 6 week gap to get in some signings and Fulham were well short start of season in what they needed so that's knackered the relegation fight a bit. Leeds much more settled as team and it's clicked well for them.

Bearded One

Not before Laporte there wasn't no
From the early exchanges both teams committed fouls that should have been booked and ref was happy to let play continue. Even if Laporte’s was first, that wouldn’t undo the potential red card for the Spurs player.

I also think Laporte made that challenge because he wasn’t on a yellow. If he was on a yellow he probably would be more cautious. This happens all of the time.

Spurs were dire, whats done is done.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Not before Laporte there wasn't no
The two Reguillon incidents were both before Laporte.

Silly narrative, both would have avoided the second challenge if they were on the yellows they should have been given. Laporte did what he did precisely because he could afford to

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The two Reguillon incidents were both before Laporte.

Silly narrative, both would have avoided the second challenge if they were on the yellows they should have been given. Laporte did what he did precisely because he could afford to
What two Reguillon incidents? The fact nothing was highlighted during the game about any yellow card offense before his first yellow I'd suggest you're seriously clutching at straws

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
What two Reguillon incidents? The fact nothing was highlighted during the game about any yellow card offense before his first yellow I'd suggest you're seriously clutching at straws
He had a similiar foul on Foden to the one Laporte got his yellow for.

Some minutes later he completely missed a tackle on De Bruyne and the ref showed him with his hands that he will get carded since it was his second incident. Laporte got the same treatment, got away with one and then got carded for the 2nd. Complete non-story besides the fact that the ref was way too lenient with both sides.

charlenefan

He had a similiar foul on Foden to the one Laporte got his yellow for.

Some minutes later he completely missed a tackle on De Bruyne and the ref showed him with his hands that he will get carded since it was his second incident. Laporte got the same treatment, got away with one and then got carded for the 2nd. Complete non-story besides the fact that the ref was way too lenient with both sides.
well like I said nothing was said about it during commentary so I'm gonna guess you're reaching

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
well like I said nothing was said about it during commentary so I'm gonna guess you're reaching
Okay mate, allthough for future reference I would recommend watching the game with your own eyes rather than someone like Martin Tyler telling you what you are seeing.

For what it's worth the commentary team in my region did focus on it, atleast until half-time where the focus on twitter etc. had changed to the Laporte fouls. A good reason for that, in my opinion, is that it is rarely a story if the team that is inferior is having someone sent off, however if the team on top (which City very much were in that first-half especially) gets reduced to ten men it most likely will alter the game greatly.

But as previously stated by me and many others on here, Laporte nor Reguillon would be likely to engage in those type of fouls if they were already on a yellow. Laportes second foul was especially cynical in that regard.

charlenefan

Okay mate, allthough for future reference I would recommend watching the game with your own eyes rather than someone like Martin Tyler telling you what you are seeing.

For what it's worth the commentary team in my region did focus on it, atleast until half-time where the focus on twitter etc. had changed to the Laporte fouls. A good reason for that, in my opinion, is that it is rarely a story if the team that is inferior is having someone sent off, however if the team on top (which City very much were in that first-half especially) gets reduced to ten men it most likely will alter the game greatly.

But as previously stated by me and many others on here, Laporte nor Reguillon would be likely to engage in those type of fouls if they were already on a yellow. Laportes second foul was especially cynical in that regard.
I did watch the game and it's because the commentators didn't make a big deal about whatever it is you're referring to it didn't hit my radar, like I said it seems like you're reaching