Premier League Gameweek 32/33 + Carabao Cup Final

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
The worst thing about that is you scored in minute 1 of 6 added mins. You had more than enough time to go and get the winner.
Even worse, Bournemouth had 10 men...

Imagine Henry, Drogba or Lampard doing this.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Sky showed a replay earlier and froze a shot as the player connected with the ball then switched angles 45° at a time twice before restarting play. Thought I was playing FIFA as that's how they do replays on occasion.

Anyone else see this or am I caught 'twixt this world and the next?

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
How often do strikers go in two footed to score a tap in? Red card for Wood there imo

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nice goal to wrap the points up for United. There’s an opportunity next season for United or Chelsea to go for the league.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nice goal to wrap the points up for United. There’s an opportunity next season for United or Chelsea to go for the league.
The gap between City and United was 16 points not so long ago. That gap has since closed to a mere 8.

I mean, you never know.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Sky showed a replay earlier and froze a shot as the player connected with the ball then switched angles 45° at a time twice before restarting play. Thought I was playing FIFA as that's how they do replays on occasion.

Anyone else see this or am I caught 'twixt this world and the next?
It's Intel's 360° Camera gimmick, i think only the Emirates has those cameras in the PL but it's quite common in american sports

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The gap between City and United was 16 points not so long ago. That gap has since closed to a mere 8.

I mean, you never know.
We blew an 8 point lead with 6 games to go in Fergie's pneultimate year, so it's definitely not impossible.
However, that year the two teams faced off, which was a big factor in the turnaround.

BorisManUtd

Cheering for Leicester here, they would probably have bigger chances of beating Chelsea in final I guess.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I mean, you never know.
Not impossible but I think City will get over the line. You’re about to drop 6 points against your favourite friends Leeds and Liverpool anyway.

cian68

We blew an 8 point lead with 6 games to go in Fergie's pneultimate year, so it's definitely not impossible.
However, that year the two teams faced off, which was a big factor in the turnaround.
The goal difference is a big difference between the two seasons as well. They had to claw back 8 points, we essentially need a 9 point swing

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not impossible but I think City will get over the line. You’re about to drop 6 points against your favourite friends Leeds and Liverpool anyway.
The fact that United winning the title this season is even getting discussed is a big deal considering the state of play a month ago.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The goal difference is a big difference between the two seasons as well. They had to claw back 8 points, we essentially need a 9 point swing
Yeah I'm not giving it a second thought.
I'm more thinking about getting a couple more wins against hated rivals this next couple of league games so we're secure as 2nd, and can then rotate for the euro latter stages.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The fact that United winning the title this season is even getting discussed is a big deal considering the state of play a month ago.
In a season where we've had about 8-10 games we've not won at home, it definitely gives a lot of positives IF we actually improve the team this summer.

Not signing 40m sidewards passers, actual players who will start.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Arsenal winner shouldn't have stood, the Fulham keeper if Holding wasn't there would have likely pushed the ball to where Holding was standing but obviously didn't because he was therefore he was interfering with play

SwedishFish

Arsenal winner shouldn't have stood, the Fulham keeper if Holding wasn't there would have likely pushed the ball to where Holding was standing but obviously didn't because he was therefore he was interfering with play
Good thing they didn't win then ;)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In a season where we've had about 8-10 games we've not won at home, it definitely gives a lot of positives IF we actually improve the team this summer.

Not signing 40m sidewards passers, actual players who will start.
At the risk of being abused by a certain few I think you're in a similar position we were under Ranieri, the manager has done a decent job to get a certain level of consistency but I think a new one is needed for you to make the next step to winning a league. Under Solskjaer you seem to play well until the prize becomes in sight hence the semi final exits and your poor run after going top.

I think with an Allegri (or maybe Flick if he doesn't go to the national team), a new CB, attacking RB and a system that gets the maximum out of Pogba and Van De Beek you'd be challenging next year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At the risk of being abused by a certain few I think you're in a similar position we were under Ranieri, the manager has done a decent job to get a certain level of consistency but I think a new one is needed for you to make the next step to winning a league. Under Solskjaer you seem to play well until the prize becomes in sight hence the semi final exits and your poor run after going top.

I think with an Allegri (or maybe Flick if he doesn't go to the national team), a new CB, attacking RB and a system that gets the maximum out of Pogba and Van De Beek you'd be challenging next year.
The jury is still out on Ole taking that final step for sure.
But it'd take one of the more negative redcafers to deny the progress we've made.

For me, it's the same situation this pre season as last. Bring 2 big signings in, and we have half a chance of competing for the big prizes.
If we don't, as we didn't last summer, we'll max out at the same level as this.

always_hoping

Not convincing by Leicester 1-0 win from 1 shot on target. That performance today won't get close to beating Chelsea but they are there and you never know on the day. Wigan beating City in the final proves that.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Not convincing by Leicester 1-0 win from 1 shot on target. That performance today won't get close to beating Chelsea but they are there and you never know on the day. Wigan beating City in the final proves that.
We were the better team, but you're right, not much quality on show tonight. Defensively quite solid, but passing was very poor. 15 minute period where Saints probably should have capitalised.

We already hold the record for "most FA cup finals without winning the damn thing", so at the very least it's a chance to extend our record :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Unfortunately two games are never the same.

Big pressure for us in the final because last year we beat the hardest team left only to lose the final when we were fancied, if that happened twice then doubt may creep into these players minds when it comes to finals.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
hopefully they find their form both in terms of the cup and the top 4

BorisManUtd

hopefully they find their form both in terms of the cup and the top 4
Yes, if this win can push them now to raise their form and beat Chelsea or Liverpool for top 4 spot then great. Couple of easier fixtures (at least on paper) coming up for Leicester now.

mu4c_20le

Leicester were a little bit better and probably deserved to win, but got their goal from an incredibly jammy bounce.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Probably the first game I’ve ever watched where I absolutely don’t care if the refs feck us over.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'd be very into it if the Liverool players just strolled around and didn't do a lot. Keeping up with the terms of their contracts and sending a clear message.

They're going full tilt I assume

Dante

Average bang
I'd be very into it if the Liverool players just strolled around and didn't do a lot. Keeping up with the terms of their contracts and sending a clear message.

They're going full tilt I assume
I hate Liverpool more than words can express. But if they did that, I'd be a fan for 90 minutes.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What's the point in watching this. Even if pool lose they'll still play in the ESL. :annoyed: