Premier League Gameweek 33+34

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
They have got the best PR. City and Pep play the best football and even now I feel they are the best team in England.
My favourite opinion on here.

Pops up every few days/weeks.
Man City: 8 defeats this season.

Liverpool: 8 defeats since August 2017

Morpheus 7

Villa were garbage today, we'll easily score against them later in the week. Jack Grealish hasn't been good since restart.

edcunited1878

Well, that overly attacking type of play is the reason why Klopp wasn't able to beat Bayern in the league at their peak.

Klopp has matured at Liverpool, this version is not as great offensively as his Dortmund team but defensive they are certainly built much better. They built to win first and entertain second, it was the opposite at Dortmund.
I agree and to his credit, he realized what was going on and changed. Shored up CB, GK, and understood how to get the best out of his central midfield which allows the players around them to play effectively.

Liverpool don't need to have a creative central midfield or player like that because it doesn't work for them right now. How they play is "unconventional", but very effective and really is what Klopp is about. The energy from midfield, the early balls into spaces from deep at varied angles, the movement and pace to attack second and third balls, then the passing into space or feet but moving quickly and just peppering the box is chaotic and basic, but for this set of players, effective.

AshRK

I find city play much better and attractive football. You guys play efficient football. It's just matter of opinion, no need to get worked up for that.

Denis' cuff

Their forwards have enjoyed all the praise but really,their defence have been the difference for them.

ciddy scored 11 more but * have been well ahead of anyone else in conceding only 25. While they have been “playing shit” and not looked like they were going anywhere many times this season, almost lulled the oppo into a stupor, they have then hoofed It and come up with the goods.

never did put entertainment first in their history.

edcunited1878

Liverpool have had the most consistent results, but the poster isn't talking about results, more football style and how it's played.

I could careless how a team plays, but if they aren't getting the desired results then what's the point? Liverpool play their own style which not everyone agrees with, but it's very effective so who cares.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was never a 2-0 game. Villa actually massively surprised me there, had 3-4 breakaways that could have gone a lot better.
The big problem is they have Grealish, and then other forwards who wouldn't boss it in the championship.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Trophies since August 2017
City 6 (8 with community shields)
Liverpool 3

City also have a potential 2 more trophies this season.
So I'd say your favourite opinion is not without merit...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

When City turn it on, there's no debate about who the better football team are.

Injuries, defensive crises etc were the difference this year.
Liverpool are very efficient, today was never a 2-0 game, yet went that way.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I find city play much better and attractive football. You guys play efficient football. It's just matter of opinion, no need to get worked up for that.
The suggestion is that City ‘are the best team’.

They play the best football going forward but Liverpool have been a better team this season; far more balanced from front to back. Shown very few weaknesses across the piece. City can’t lose 8 times, fall 20+ points behind and be the ‘best team’ regardless who would win a beauty contest.

There’s a stark imbalance of quality across the City team - they’ve been found out too often. Guardiola must sort their back line out.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool 3

Oh boy. Fair play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Liverpool 3

:lol: Oh dear.

Irwin99

Are Villa as good as gone? Looking at their fixtures they have United, Arsenal, Everton (away) and Palace and West Ham. West Ham is on the last day but it could be too late by then and I just don't see where the points are for them in the other games. They need to pick some points up soon.

Edit just looked at Bournemouth's fixtures- Feck! :eek:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
When City turn it on, there's no debate about who the better football team
There most definitely is. I read this a lot and I get where it’s coming from because indeed they can be overpowering on their day.

But let’s not forget that Liverpool can too. We are also absolutely marvelling and terrifying on our day. City at home this season to prove that for example. There are certain games when we click, we walk over any opponent. Barca, Bayern, City, not just the midtable and relegation form teams. We did grind out a lot of victories in the PL on a sort of “default mode” but there’s definitely a debate to be had about who’s best on their day. We have beaten this City side a fair few times in the last few years, in very important games too.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Are Villa as good as gone? Looking at their fixtures they have United, Arsenal, Everton (away) and Palace and West Ham. West Ham is on the last day but it could be too late by then and I just don't see where the points are for them in the other games. They need to pick some points up soon.

Edit just looked at Bournemouth's fixtures- Feck! :eek:
It seems all the teams near the bottom have mad fixtures.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
13-1

I like this game. What are we playing again?
Here’s the game in a nutshell.

Manchester United: the best team in PL history as they have the most PL trophies by a considerable distance.

Liverpool: the best team in the PL this season as they have the most points by a considerable distance.

Just about the top and bottom of it... I think...

passing-wind

Hard to dissect Liverpool and City, I'd consider City to play the better football but Liverpool have a much stronger spirit as a team. It has to be considered that they've grinded most results this season playing average, that is a sign of a great team.

City or Pep more specifically seems to lack consistency especially in European competition. The only trajectory that will see City have the continual upper hand is the financial prowess. Just as likely however I feel Liverpool will struggle if Klopp decides to call quits.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There most definitely is. I read this a lot and I get where it’s coming from because indeed they can be overpowering on their day.

But let’s not forget that Liverpool can too. We are also absolutely marveling and terrifying on our day. City at home this season to prove that for example. There are certain games when we click, we walk over any opponent. Barca, Bayern, City, not just the midtable and relegation form teams. We did grind out a lot of victories in the PL on a sort of “default mode” but there’s a debate to be had about who’s best on their day. We have beaten this City side a fair few times in the last few years, in very important games too.
That day is so incredibly rare for Liverpool, though, but City pulled off those performances every week during their title-winning seasons, and that was without the aid an injury-immune team and VAR.

There is a clear difference in class between you both.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Here’s the game in a nutshell.

Manchester United: the best team in PL history as they have the most PL trophies by a considerable distance.

Liverpool: the best team in the PL this season as they have the most points by a considerable distance.

Just about the top and bottom of it... I think...
In terms of points accumulation only, during a season in which the regular top-six clubs were in transition besides Liverpool.

TheReligion

Abusive

But let’s not forget that Liverpool can too. We are also absolutely marvelling and terrifying on our day. City at home this season to prove that for example. There are certain games when we click, we walk over any opponent. Barca, Bayern, City, not just the midtable and relegation form teams. We did grind out a lot of victories in the PL on a sort of “default mode” but there’s definitely a debate to be had about who’s best on their day. We have beaten this City side a fair few times in the last few years, in very important games too.
Oh right.
In all seriousness when was your last terrifying and marvelling performance?

It seems this season hasn't really had that many and I feel that's the point people are making. It's been more about efficiently getting things done.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Imagine using the word ‘only’ in this argument.

City haven’t got as balanced team That’s why there’s a record gap.
The record gap exists because, as said above, the regular top-six clubs were going through a period of transition this season, and they came up against a Liverpool side going through their peak years. That and VAR, an injury immune team, opposition goal-keeping errors, fortunate late-goals, and the whole teeth-whitening scandal.

The stars aligned, as it were. You'll fall back to the pack next season in all probability.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

It seems this season hasn't really had that many and I feel that's the point people are making. It's been more about efficiently getting things done.
Palace at home two weeks ago.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

The point was that City ‘are the best team’ not what you have construed above. I think the best team sit 23 points clear.