Premier League Gameweek 33+34

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea, was in their academy. He didn't see a path for himself in the first team with the rise of Reece James so asked to leave. 6 million pounds, great deal for Brighton.
He also had 6 months on his contract so we didn't want to lose him for nothing.

Sad but I totally understand his decision and hope he kills it at Brighton.

United58

£4 mil rising to £6m. He had 6 months left on his contract and didn't want to stay ( because Azpi & Reece James ahead of him and he wanted to play). If only he was left footed!

Gutting to see him go as he was always super fun to watch in our academy and joined the club aged 7. He's so much better as a right winger in my opinion. Lightning fast and super direct. He won so many pens for us at youth level.
England seem to have a load of great fullbacks coming through, although their youth ranks seem stacked in general

Forgot to mention that. Definitely not Chelsea's fault, you have an embarrassment of riches in your academy so sometimes it's best for a player's career to cut them loose.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just thought I’d point out again, in real time, that even aside from goals, Firmino is once again doing barely anything for Liverpool, and aside from scoring, Salah is again far outperforming him.

AshRK

Just thought I’d point out again, in real time, that even aside from goals, Firmino is once again doing barely anything for Liverpool, and aside from scoring, Salah is again far outperforming him.
Not replacing firmino could cost them next season. Not that I want them to sign but a player like Harvetz would be a top addition.

RooneyLegend

You just don't understand his role...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool look suspect as hell defensively.

Chelsea, was in their academy. He didn't see a path for himself in the first team with the rise of Reece James so asked to leave. 6 million pounds, great deal for Brighton.

interesting, I thought he played in Germany for some reason.

AshRK

The truth will hurt klopp lovers but their playing style this season has been dire. Of course the history will say they were an exciting side but this season they are far from exciting. Efficient yes but exciting no. Reminds me a lot of chelsea under jose during his first stint but with less command in defense.

RooneyLegend

Would be interesting to see what Potter could do with some talented players. Getting this lot to play decent football is a hell of an achievement by him. Honestly thought they'd get relegated for it. Spurs should give him a try after they get tired of the washed up one.

RooneyLegend

The truth will hurt klopp lovers but their playing style this season has been dire. Of course the history will say they were an exciting side but this season they are far from exciting. Efficient yes but exciting no. Reminds me a lot of chelsea under jose during his first stint but with less command in defense.
Yeah they are very risk averse. However comparing them to Chelsea is pushing it. More like our sides post Ronaldo.

always_hoping

They were simliar last season, could count on one hand the amount of times their style of play wasn't boring to watch.

AshRK

They were simliar last season, could count on one hand the amount of times their style of play wasn't boring to watch.
They were somewhat more fluent in their play last season (yes their 0-0 against us st old Trafford was a boring match). This season their play just have looked pretty dull.

AltiUn

Have Liverpool beaten our crosses record yet? They seem to be gunning for it every game.

AshRK

Yeah they are very risk averse. However comparing them to Chelsea is pushing it. More like our sides post Ronaldo.
Honestly that chelsea side is somewhat underrated. They were one tough side to beat and in those 2 season used to win matches efficiently. I thought we were pretty good to watch in 2009-10 season but were unfortunate to not win the title. Far from boring. 2010-11 yes we played tumescent football but still were able to dominate teams once in a while , I don't see that with this Pool side.

RooneyLegend

Honestly that chelsea side is somewhat underrated. They were one tough side to beat and in those 2 season used to win matches efficiently. I thought we were pretty good to watch in 2009-10 season but were unfortunate to not win the title. Far from boring. 2010-11 yes we played tumescent football but still were able to dominate teams once in a while , I don't see that with this Pool side.
They were a great side but very short on entertainment. Half the time they didn't even play to score. Pool dominate plenty of matches, just they way they do it is off putting. More than we did from 2010-2011 onwards anways. Not sure what we expected cause we sometimes had Park, Hernandez and Valencia on the pitch at the same time. Throw some Fletcher in there and the fantasy goes out the window in a hurry. Remember how everyone used to say that this definitely isn't vintage United? That's what this Pool team is.

AltiUn

He’s a con artist.
He's turned in a solid 0/10 performance tonight.

Has to be said, it's harder to carve a turkey than it is to cut through this Liverpool defence. The Liverpool fans can tell me how good Gomez is until they're blue in the face but I'm not 100% convinced by him.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Gomez resembling a mannequin tonight. Getting turned inside out on the regular.

Said it before but worth repeating: he’s the most overrated defender in the league.

RooneyLegend

Has to be said, it's harder to carve a turkey than it is to cut through this Liverpool defence. The Liverpool fans can tell me how good Gomez is until they're blue in the face but I'm not 100% convinced by him.
He's certainly not as good as Matip.

RooneyLegend

Gomez resembling a mannequin tonight. Getting turned inside out on the regular.

Said it before but worth repeating: he’s the most overrated defender in the league.
Half the time Van Djik seems confused by his antics.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He’s a con artist.
Am starting to buy in to your theory about him, and I rated him before. No matter what his role is supposed to be, his lack of contribution in an attacking sense isn’t acceptable.

Many players over the years have acted as foils (Benzema, Rooney etc...) and still made sizeable contributions to a teams output.

I think you are on to something here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Firmino plays like this regularly, but just like tonight, they usually win anyway, so nobody even notices. They DO notice when he does something useful, then lazily assume that this is what he’d been doing all along when he wasn’t on the scoresheet, and then proceed to call him ‘underrated’ as a result.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think Firmino is world class but he's obviously a good player in Liverpools system and always gets 15+ goals and assists in the PL since he's been at Liverpool which is a healthy return overall. He definitely should score more though and he's been poor this season when they've won the title. His best personal season at the club they came 4th.