Premier League Gameweek 33 (7th - 8th April 2018)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Think we’ll drop points today. The rumoured team has us playing 3-5-2 with Ings and Solanke up top.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think we’ll drop points today. The rumoured team has us playing 3-5-2 with Ings and Solanke up top.
Don't think so. You'll smash them irrespective of whatever team you put out. Everton getting anything out of this would be really surprising.

Revaulx

Some interesting fixtures for a change. Bottom of the table continues to be more interesting than top.

Surely it’s time Everton had a break from rolling over for the dippers :mad:

Edit: What @Jazz says

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is there a more one-sided derby in the country than the Scouse one?
If Everton have any sense of pride, they will put up a good fight.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If Everton play like last time, they get five they deserved that day. They parked the bus with the doors open and the keys in the ignition, but Liverpool failed to drive it out of the parking lot.

Anyway reaching the Champions League semifinal is more important. Although some people wank themselves to sleep over prestigous titles like the cariboo cup, it´s the Champions League semifinal (and beyond?) that re-establishes Liverpool as an international force and could therefore help them to attract/keep top players.

deafepl

If Everton play like last time, they get five they deserved that day. They parked the bus with the doors open and the keys in the ignition, but Liverpool failed to drive it out of the parking lot.

Anyway reaching the Champions League semifinal is more important. Although some people wank themselves to sleep over prestigous titles like the cariboo cup, it´s the Champions League semifinal (and beyond?) that re-establishes Liverpool as an international force and could therefore help them to attract/keep top players.
Does Monaco establishes them as top forces in UCL and keep most of their best player? It doesn't happen overnight, long term is key to success if they reach at least semi-final regularly and get to keep top players.

Alabaster Codify7

Everton 0 - 3 Liverpool
Bournemouth 2 - 1 Crystal Palace
Brighton 2 - 0 Huddersfield
Leicester 2 - 0 Newcastle
Stoke 1 - 5 Spurs
Watford 2 - 1 Burnley
West Brom 1 - 1 Swansea
Man City 2 - 0 Man United
Arsenal 3 - 0 Southampton
Chelsea 2 - 0 West Ham

Sanche7

Everton 0 - 3 Liverpool
Bournemouth 2 - 1 Crystal Palace
Brighton 2 - 0 Huddersfield
Leicester 2 - 0 Newcastle
Stoke 1 - 5 Spurs
Watford 2 - 1 Burnley
West Brom 1 - 1 Swansea
Man City 2 - 0 Man United
Arsenal 3 - 0 Southampton
Chelsea 2 - 0 West Ham
If I'm not wrong, Jose Is yet to be defeated twice in a year by the same manager in the PL, so I don't think it's that easy to predict.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If I'm not wrong, Jose Is yet to be defeated twice in a year by the same manager in the PL, so I don't think it's that easy to predict.
Meaningless stat. Jose also won the league everytime in his second season. Not this time

Sanche7

Meaningless stat. Jose also won the league everytime in his second season. Not this time
Not really meaningless, especially when its Jose.
Yeah he may not have won the league this year but he talks about the number of points we have and that historically we would still be in the title race every chance he gets.
And since he has lost the title so early to his bitter Rival, he would not want to be defeated twice by the same guy especially because a defeat would mean City celebrating their PL title and making sure to rub it in our faces.
Or as Jose puts it We need not win, but we absolutely cannot loose.

Canagel

Everton 1-1 Liverpool
Bournemouth 2-1 Palace
Brighton 1-0 Huddersfield
Leicester 2-2 Newcastle
Stoke 0-3 Spurs
Watford 0-1 Burnley
West Brom 0-2 Swansea
Man City 1-2 Man Utd
Arsenal 2-0 Southampton
Chelsea 3-1 West Ham

deafepl

Everton 1-1 Liverpool
Bournemouth 2-1 Palace
Brighton 1-0 Huddersfield
Leicester 2-2 Newcastle
Stoke 0-3 Spurs
Watford 0-1 Burnley
West Brom 0-2 Swansea
Man City 1-2 Man Utd
Arsenal 2-0 Southampton
Chelsea 3-1 West Ham
That's the spirit!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I was thinking after the Champions League match that it was great news for Liverpool’s next opponents. I forgot it was Everton who are probably the only club in the top two divisions who wouldn’t be able to beat Liverpool after a famous victory.

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Surely Everton can at least get a draw. They're going up against Danny Ings and Solanke as a strike partnership!

Traub

Can we change the thread title to remove the 0?

Zoo

World class Van Dijk clearance there.

RichMet

Supports
Liverpool
Didn't Solanke join Liverpool so he could get some games?
Suspect he has probably got more minutes for Liverpool than he would have done for Chelsea.

Plus he's only 19 and up against those front 3 - if he's good enough he will eventually get more game time.

Zoo

Top save.

Not sure why Schneiderlin is staring ahead of Gueye.