Premier League Gameweek 34 fixtures (12th - 16th April 2019)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bang on the money. I couldn’t give two shites about fourth, it doesn’t excite me in the least.

We’re slowly turning into Arsenal and Spurs fans.
Feel the same way in truth.

Sure, CL qualification would be nice but failing to get it won't be the end of the world. We'll still manage to lure top targets this summer with or without it. The last 5 years are proof of that

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I've not got a good feeling about today. I sense a slip coming. History seems to repeat itself unfortunately with us. Just interested watching the sideshow of 5th and 6 the place fight.
Nah, Sarri isn't Mourinho and this isn't the same Chelsea.

Mourinho had that Chelsea side riled up to the max because of how the game was talked about as some big celebration of your victory and that you'd simply turn up and win. I don't think that same attitude will be with this current Chelsea team.

montpelier

kinell, Chelsea's support have just behaved themselves during the minute's silence, :eek:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Qualifying for next year's CL is quite important.
Beating Barcelona would do far more for our standing as a club than qualifying for the CL this season. 1 season of CL qualification being important for us is a myth, peddled by the club by the money men.

It is only when you don't qualify for the CL multiple seasons in a row that you feel a negative effect. A club with our financial power does not feel 1 season that much, we can absorb that easily.

mu4c_20le

Feels great to be able to watch this game and be happy with any result./

SharpshooterTom

Liverpool will get 97 points.

Big question is will City get 98? One dropped game from City and I think thats the title to Liverpool.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With 4 offside goals, a Chelsea player wrongly sent off and a Salah dive for a penalty.

Oh and Sky saying it's about 'character and team spirit.'
Hopefully the evil Salah won't actively attempt to break an opposing players legs.

We live in hope!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Either a draw or humiliating defeat for either team please.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
In terms of attracting players yes but it's still an acceptance of mediocrity if celebrate it like an Arsenal fan
So sacrificing any kind of success for your team over your rival missing out isnt an acceptance of mediocrity?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Liverpool win. I'm past caring what they do. We look like sliding into obscurity with each season. I'm only concerned with my club. We need Champions League.

Charlie Foley

Draw would be a great result.

A couple of weeks ago I would have set Chelsea winning is good, because if we beat them at OT we're ahead of them, and with Liverpool losing here we could beat City at home without the fear of handing Liverpool the title assuming all else goes well.

I'm not confident at all of getting something from the City game with the way we're playing, however. So looks like we need Chelsea to drop points outside of our game with them (we need Arse to too, but I don't see them winning each of Watford, Wolves and Burnley away...) That said, I think Ole sets us up better in big games, as we look better under him when we counter attack, so who knows about that City game.

I would rather Chelsea win and we beat City, than Chelsea lose but City beat us to stay ahead of Liverpool. Aside from the obvious of not wanting to lose to City(!) it puts us in a better position vs Arsenal.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Good tackle.
Bad tackle, good outcome. Fabinho got the slightest of touches, on another day he misses and gets an early yellow (fat chance a Pool player would get that at Anfield but I'm saying theoretically).

Charlie Foley

Who was that cross aimed to? It would have been good if there were anyone anywhere close to where he put the ball

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
Who was that cross aimed to? It would have been good if there were anyone anywhere close to where he put the ball
That's the problem of puting Hazard as 9 and not Giroud/Higuain. Hazard is much better if he has a 9 to ocuppy the CBs

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Kepa will flap at a shot and let one in, Liverpool will win 1-0.