Premier League Gameweek 34 weekend and midweek fixtures (14th April - 19th April 2018)

Rafaeldagold

Yes, I didn't actually think Matic was 37.
Well bit of a silly way to justify drinkewater then? Your ‘37’ jibe clearly implying matic is old and drinkewater was vastly younger. Yet you then admit you know he’s only 18 months younger than
Matic.

So- why did you get rid of Matic for drinkewater? Perhaps it’s because Matic was desperate to join the biggest club in England and Jose and Danny was best replacement you could get?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Well bit of a silly way to justify drinkewater then? Your ‘37’ jibe clearly implying matic is old and drinkewater was vastly younger. Yet you then admit you know he’s only 18 months younger than
Matic.

So- why did you get rid of Matic for drinkewater? Perhaps it’s because Matic was desperate to join the biggest club in England and Jose and Danny was best replacement you could get?
"Silly" was what I was going for.

I agree with your assessment, Matic wanted to go to United for a few (understandable) reasons, Chelsea saw a change to get decent money, get a high earner off the wage bill and bring in a younger, "homegrown" player on lesser wages with a decent re-sale value. It looks like it won't work for Drinkwater at Chelsea but I bet we don't lose much (if any) money on him.

Sandyman

13 mins since the game has started and mostly just discussion in the thread. Take it nothing has been happening in the game?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Somebody who's watching this turd please pay attention to how Bednarek performed and keep me updated.

Nick7

Although Morata just won a corner for fecking up a cross by kicking it off his own foot. That was pretty funny.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

I agree with your assessment, Matic wanted to go to United for a few (understandable) reasons, Chelsea saw a change to get decent money, get a high earner off the wage bill and bring in a younger, "homegrown" player on lesser wages with a decent re-sale value. It looks like it won't work for Drinkwater at Chelsea but I bet we don't lose much (if any) money on him.
Not sure about that, plus no one is likely to pay Drinkwater what he is on currently at Chelsea and he still has 4 years left.

Nick7

Southampton deserve to be struggling for that abomination of a jersey.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Wouldn't mind Bertrand at a cut rate price if Southampton goes down.

Him and Romeu will be snapped up quickly.

Sandyman

Southampton showing why they are in trouble in the league and Chelsea haven't much to play for. The important game for them is against the same team in the F.A. Cup semi next Sunday.
They could at least pretend to try and catch Liverpool/Spurs. Lazy cnuts!

Classical Mechanic

Hopefully after this game when Chelsea are cut adrift Conte will bin a load of these underperforming players for the rest of the season and start playing some of their young stars.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Do you really think so? He’s 28 and you paid £35m for him. He’s on a 5 year deal which is usually a plus for offloading a player but if he leaves you it’s not going to be because he’s doing well and in demand is it? It’s likely that you’ll have to accept some sort of deal between either the player or the club if you want to offload him.

I doubt it’ll come to that though, I think he’ll settle in and find his role under Conte’s replacement.

Nick7

The response after the goal is telling. Southampton finally getting on the ball and passing it around. Chelsea falling deeper and pressing less. Weird.

Nick7

That was one of the most obvious pushes from Zappacosta. Crazy that the refs missed it.