Premier League Gameweek 34

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Friday 30 April
20:00 Southampton v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Saturday 1 May
12:30 Crystal Palace v Man City (BT Sport)
15:00 Brighton v Leeds (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Chelsea v Fulham (Sky Sports)
20:00 Everton v Aston Villa (BT Sport)

Sunday 2 May
14:00 Newcastle v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
16:30 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)
19:15 Spurs v Sheffield Utd (Sky Sports)

Monday 3 May
18:00 West Brom v Wolves (Sky Sports)
20:15 Burnley v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Samid

Southampton XI: McCarthy, Walker-Peters, Vestergaard, Stephens, Bednarek, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Minamino, Tella, Adams.
Subs: Forster, Djenepo, Salisu, Diallo, Ramsay, Walcott, N'Lundulu, Ferry, Jankewitz.

Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Tielemans, Ndidi, Thomas, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Albrighton, Perez, Amartey, Under, Choudhury, Pereira, Mendy, Praet.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I do not think I have ever wanted Southampton to win in my life!! I guess that changes today.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Southampton have been on the beach for over a month but maybe they can summon some pride against the other team who slapped them 9-0.

BorisManUtd

Not relying on Southampton to do anything tonight. They've been horrible since January basically. Comfortable win for Leicester.

Samid

That's a double red, denying a scoring opportunity and serious foul play

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Why the feck did var not check it?

Gator Nate

No way. They'll rescind it, but it won't make up for Saints having 10 men for the remainder of the game.

Gordon S

He got the ball way before the contact, why doesn`t Moss say anything? Incredibly tough on Southampton

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I must not know the rules of football because I can't figure out how that's not a red? If he doesn't make that foul, Vardy almost certainly scores. Surely that's the very definition of denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?

Kearnkoff69

The referring rules are so subjective these days so many will disagree, but not a red card in my eyes. If you catch the ball first and the attacker gets hit by your follow-through, that should never be a cardable offense.

Cpt Negative

I must not know the rules of football because I can't figure out how that's not a red? If he doesn't make that foul, Vardy almost certainly scores. Surely that's the very definition of denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?
Because it wasn’t a foul. He made enough contact on the ball. The fact they didn’t review was a disgrace

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Because it wasn’t a foul. He made enough contact on the ball. The fact they didn’t review was a disgrace
But ultimately you can still foul someone even if you get the ball first in modern football.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He got the ball way before the contact, why doesn`t Moss say anything? Incredibly tough on Southampton
It’s a red because it’s considered as stopping a clear goal chance opportunity. Even though vestegaard got the ball, it wasn’t enough to place the ball into safety area. Vardy would have easily got the ball if he wasn’t fouled.

croadyman

Early red card in a Friday night game between Saints & Leicester, haven't we seen this film before somewhere

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’s a red because it’s considered as stopping a clear goal chance opportunity. Even though vestegaard got the ball, it wasn’t enough to place the ball into safety area. Vardy would have easily got the ball if he wasn’t fouled.
This.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tyler sounds so awkward talking about Ramadan :lol:
Yet he left out the bit that was legitimately interesting - why the guy needs to eat on 30, instead of awaiting half time.

I know banana doesn't have the same effects of other fruit, but personally when I run couldn't eat on the go like that, unless it was a real gentle run. Not sprinting around at premier league level!

Cpt Negative

He was sent off for denial of a goal scoring opportunity
So basically, any follow through is a foul. I’ll remind myself that when keepers get fingertips on a ball stopping the striker going round them but still wiping them out

Corey

Denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity is only a red card if it’s a foul. This looked a fair tackle to me. Unfortunate that Vardy got hurt but that can happen in football .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So basically, any follow through is a foul. I’ll remind myself that when keepers get fingertips on a ball stopping the striker going round them but still wiping them out
Vestegaard touched the ball but Vardy would still have had control of it until he was fouled.