Premier League Gameweek 35/36

Bertie Wooster

We are 3 ahead with 2 games in hand. Relax!
Yeah, and we play 3 of those games within 5 days and will make loads of changes so very likely to drop points - as Ole himself has said.

It's valid, as a fan, to worry about things and to want scores of other games to help rather than hinder your team.

It's ludicrous on here then any time a fan shows any kind of worry or nerves, they get shot down as OTT or bed wetters.

Traub

People over reacting here thinking we had a chance. City have been in cruise control for months, they would’ve easily won more games if it was needed.

cyberman

What's the big deal with finishing second anyway? As long as we qualify for the CL that's all that matters.
Kind of curious as to how City respond so lets try for second in case we can improve.
If we tail off now and Chelsea finish ahead of us then its 12 months of Ole out and such nonsense and we wont get the recognition for the season that we deserve.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yeah, and we play 3 of those games within 5 days and will make loads of changes so very likely to drop points - as Ole himself has said.

It's valid, as a fan, to worry about things and to want scores of other games to help rather than hinder your team.

It's ludicrous on here then any time a fan shows any kind of worry or nerves, they get shot down as OTT or bed wetters.
It's not valid. Take a fecking chill pill.

Drawfull

Bed wetters isn't a term I'd associate with this forum, or United fans.

brian017

Kelly Cates seems eager to stress that City will win the PL this season. Said so three times in the last 5 minutes. We know, you don't have to keep repeating yourself!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
fecking ridiculous questions from Shreeves and Sky in the Sterling interview. He should have started it with "Tough result Raheem, I know you might feel agrieved with not getting a pen at the end but should you have been on the pitch after you tried to snap Werner's ankle?"

DavidDeSchmikes

The thing with City losing, it makes fecking wonder what would have happened if we hadn't dropped silly points against Sheffield United and Everton

cyberman

But we have so many points to play with so losing a few points wont matter. Even if we won 1 and lost 2 we would be 6 ahead with Chelsea only having 9 more to win.
Calm down!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
What is this shit by the media ??? How many times you gonna talk about this non pen
The fecker should have had a straight red

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The thing with City losing, it makes fecking wonder what would have happened if we hadn't dropped silly points against Sheffield United and Everton
Sheffield United was ref decisions too. Their goal and ours whistled off.

And the shite decision for the West Brom goal coat us 2 points when Lindelof got assaulted.

5 points and a Villa win would be interesting.

Next season...

Bertie Wooster

It's not valid. Take a fecking chill pill.
FFS!

I'm relatively new to the site so I know some of the old guard may have got fed up of pretend fans, or anti-Ole fans, trying to stir up negatives or whatever.

But it's ludicrous that a long time fan can't say 'I hope the race for 2nd doesn't get prioritised above resting players for the Europa League final' without being dismissed so rudely. :rolleyes:

Redfrog

I was nervous as feck when we played for the title but I am not about top 4, it’s not a trophy and being rational we need 2 wins out of 5 and we will get them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Our and Leicester results are exactly why you can't use the 'easy' game metric in a top four race.
True.

Then you can see how much happier Tuchel to manage Chelsea than PSG. One team is just eager to play and work their bollox off, the other is just a bunch of spoiled brats.

Redfrog

Butterfly effect my friend…if we get this points nothing happen as it happened until today, so don’t need to torture yourself about it.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
keep your gum in your mouth when you're speaking you fecking tramp pep.

cyberman

Our and Leicester results are exactly why you can't use the 'easy' game metric in a top four race.
We lost v Sheff Utd. fecking up an easier game doesnt make it any less easier! It just means you fecked up

Bertie Wooster

I was nervous as feck when we played for the title but I am not about top 4, it’s not a trophy and being rational we need 2 wins out of 5 and we will get them.
My post wasn't about being nervous about the top 4. Or about 2nd. It was just saying that I think Ole wants 2nd place and so I'd like it sown up early as my main nerves and worry are about the Europa League final and I want players rested for that. And a Chelsea winner means we need more points for 2nd and might mean Ole could start key players in more league games rather than rest them.

I'm not nervous or anything about the top 4 or top 2. I just want players fully rested and rotated for the final. That's all I was saying. And I still don't see what was wrong with the comment.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We lost v Sheff Utd. fecking up an easier game doesnt make it any less easier! It just means you fecked up
Exactly, that's the reason these teams are in top four battles because they keep making heavy work of the so called easy games.

cyberman

My post wasn't about being nervous about the top 4. Or about 2nd. It was just saying that I think Ole wants 2nd place and so I'd like it sown up early as my main nerves and worry are about the Europa League final and I want players rested for that. And a Chelsea winner means we need more points for 2nd and might mean Ole could start key players in more league games rather than rest them.

I'm not nervous or anything about the top 4 or top 2. I just want players fully rested and rotated for the final. That's all I was saying. And I still don't see what was wrong with the comment.
Finals 3 weeks away. Its a dead end to the season, worrying is a waste of energy imo. West Ham drop points tomorrow and everything is sorted throughout the league with 3 match days left.

always_hoping

Thats the nature of the league, even with Fergusons best sides United dropped points in games they weren't expected to do.

I'm more annoyed by the lack of pre season and the points dropped to Palace, Spurs at home was mainly because United weren't up to speed for those matches.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
One thing... I can't see Chelsea beating City 3 times in a row...
Same, Tuchel has yet to face Man City's actual strongest XI which they will in the final that being said these results may get in Pep's head...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Same, Tuchel has yet to face Man City's actual strongest XI which they will in the final that being said these results may get in Pep's head...
I'm hoping for another one of those classic big game Pep days where he builds some bizarre one off lineup that no-one understands and which falls to pieces at the critical moment.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Liverpool are such lucky bastards. Two weeks rest at a crucial point in the season, will face us as we play our 4th game in 8 days, their rivals are dropping points at every opportunity. Stars truly aligned.

Redfrog

Resting players is very tricky I think as it can have a reverse effect really, it can kill the momentum…it’s easier with experienced players as they know better to prepare themselves but for most of our players it is tricky, so it is not as straightforward.
What should happen will happen ! I expect nothing from United this days anyway :lol::lol::lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Will Liverpool be playing that back 4 against us on Thursday?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
All teams have dropped "silly points" so it's all relative and a bit of a moot point to be fair.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That there is everything wrong with Salah. Thinks about himself every time.