Premier League Gameweek 35/36

Anustart89

Not to draw any massive conclusions from one game, but today was a good example of what we'd get if we bring Lingard back IMO. As soon as he was faced with a packed and settled defence he went back to the Lingard we saw during his last year with us. Move around a bit, come short when nothing's on, play a short one-two with the centre half/CDM and then move into another packed space.

The difference during his time at West Ham is that he's not usually facing those defences whereas he'll be doing that with us. Anyone thinking we'll see the West Ham Lingard at United if we bring him back are deluding themselves. Better to capitalise on his value increase during the summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not to draw any massive conclusions from one game, but today was a good example of what we'd get if we bring Lingard back IMO. As soon as he was faced with a packed and settled defence he went back to the Lingard we saw during his last year with us. Move around a bit, come short when nothing's on, play a short one-two with the centre half/CDM and then move into another packed space.

The difference during his time at West Ham is that he's not usually facing those defences whereas he'll be doing that with us. Anyone thinking we'll see the West Ham Lingard at United if we bring him back are deluding themselves. Better to capitalise on his value increase during the summer.
Yep, I hope we've already agreed a fee!
That was everything Lingard isn't good at. Trying to be a playmaker on the half way line.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So frustrating that our home form has been so rubbish this season otherwise we would be right in the top 4 mix.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Im a little dissapointed for West Ham, but mostly because I wish Lingard well and would be happy if he saw some on-pitch success.

Exciting game between West Brom and Arsenal today. The gooners must be VERY curious if they can overcome the challenge.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
If Leicester beat us then their Chelsea game will be crucial. They will not bottle it vs Spurs if that will be win or bust game
If Leicester beat you it’s done and dusted. If you get a point or win then Lfc winning out is a good bet for top 4.
you win on Tues and top four is in Liverpool’s hands unless some crazy GD comes into play. Nice way to top off the weekend.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If Leicester beat you it’s done and dusted. If you get a point or win then Lfc winning out is a good bet for top 4.
you win on Tues and top four is in Liverpool’s hands unless some crazy GD comes into play. Nice way to top off the weekend.
Liverpool won't win at Old Trafford. Leicester essentially have 3 attempts at getting one win, which if they do, will likely be enough for them stumble over the line.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes I saw that game and you guys had a cracker but I was referring to your more recent showings particularly in the absence of Grealish
Second half was simply rinse and repeat for last 25 years anyway. :(

Would be amazed if there's another top level team with as bad home record v team in same division as we have. I remember Spurs going over a decade without beat Chelsea but they've won a decent amount in last decade.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm still in slight disbelief Arsenal paid £72m for Pepe.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Nah, Leicester will still need to pick up at least 4 points. I am of the opinion Utd are pretty much done with the league this year as two points from 4 games will give them second and the Ropey League is now all that is left.

In my opinion, the Leicester game is a great chance for the U23 boys to get a run out to see what they can do, while the two+ points can be prioritised in the remaining three.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Willian and Thiago both scored in the same game week. Unreal scenes.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
I'm still in slight disbelief Arsenal paid £72m for Pepe.
No denying we overpaid and some agent shenanigans hiked up the price. But to be fair, Pepe had one of the best season I've ever seen with Lille. He was electric playing with a ton of confidence. Ikone and Bamba had the exact same decline. Credit has to be given to Galtier, he made them look far better than they really are individually, and Arsenal paid the price.

BorisManUtd

Hopefully Burnley beat Fulham tomorrow and they get relegated as well, don't want them coming to Old Trafford and still having a chance of staying up.

Bearded One

Second half was simply rinse and repeat for last 25 years anyway. :(

Would be amazed if there's another top level team with as bad home record v team in same division as we have. I remember Spurs going over a decade without beat Chelsea but they've won a decent amount in last decade.
I get that but it’s not all doom and gloom though. There is reason to cheer because you are going to be in the premier league next season, Sheffield didn’t get that opportunity. Also Martinez has the third best record in terms of clean sheets, you have a very capable defensive coach in John Terry and one of the best footballers in the league in Jack Grealish. There is a whole lot to be grateful for from a Aston Villa fan perspective imo.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Nah, Leicester will still need to pick up at least 4 points. I am of the opinion Utd are pretty much done with the league this year as two points from 4 games will give them second and the Ropey League is now all that is left.

In my opinion, the Leicester game is a great chance for the U23 boys to get a run out to see what they can do, while the two+ points can be prioritised in the remaining three.
So you think united are giving up on the league just like that? Good thing you don’t run the club. Imagine the hiding Ole would get for giving up on the league with such a big chance left. He goes all out against Leicester.

TheReligion

Abusive
So you think united are giving up on the league just like that? Good thing you don’t run the club. Imagine the hiding Ole would get for giving up on the league with such a big chance left. He goes all out against Leicester.
He's just trying to wind you up.

We will pick teams to win each game we have left no doubt.

Nickelodeon

Hopefully Burnley beat Fulham tomorrow and they get relegated as well, don't want them coming to Old Trafford and still having a chance of staying up.
I hope they don't. Teams with nothing to lose are a much difficult prospect. A Fulham team which has to win to stay up and has to attack, is a side which I'd rather face.