Premier League Gameweek 35/36

No Love

Alioski has been reported to the FA by Burnley for his altercation with Dwight McNeil, racism-related apparently.
Can someone explain how this incident can be construed as racist? Does that action have some connotation that I am unaware of? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Petty? For sure. Childish? Yep. Embarrassing? Absolutely. But racist? I don’t know, unless there’s something I’m overlooking.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can someone explain how this incident can be construed as racist? Does that action have some connotation that I am unaware of? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Petty? For sure. Childish? Yep. Embarrassing? Absolutely. But racist? I don’t know, unless there’s something I’m overlooking.
Maybe he said something not shown on camera.

No Love

Maybe he said something not shown on camera.
I guess so, yeah. That would obviously be different, although the “gesture” is getting a lot coverage. There’s also footage of what appears to be McNeil spitting on Alioski. A complete mess of a situation.

Deery

Dreary
All the talk is about Tielemans atm but John McGinn is just as good..

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
For one of the most dislikeable players on the league, for some reason Zaha is up there for me.

Just something about him never leaving the club and just weighing them down with dross performances week after week then scoring a brace and everyone raving about him then he goes back to being pants again.

The £80m bags Arsenal were going to give Palace would of probably made them a much better team.

Probably not his fault and I'm sure he's a great lad but really don't enjoy watching him.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
someone explain to me how we contrived to lose the opening game of the season against Palace - they look so shite

Bertie Wooster

someone explain to me how we contrived to lose the opening game of the season against Palace - they look so shite
They are in vacation mode now, same as last season.
Also, it was only our opening game of the season. Palace had already had two games by that stage, and a proper pre-season as well - which we missed out on, due to European commitments.

That all contributed to our poor early performances.

The Firestarter

I hope in his next club Grealish can finally afford hair styling products. His hair can probably receive Radio Vatican at times.

acnumber9

Also, it was only our opening game of the season. Palace had already had two games by that stage, and a proper pre-season as well - which we missed out on, due to European commitments.

We couldn’t beat them at Selhurst Park either.

paulscholes18

Strange finish, but they all count. 1st time I’ve seen Eze play CM and he’s got himself 2 assists

Bertie Wooster

We couldn’t beat them at Selhurst Park either.
True.
But I was responding to a question about how we lost to them on the 'opening' day of the season.

Yep, we drew 0-0 away. But that's still a lot better than losing 3-1 at home.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

yeh, I've heard that excuse before. And it's a poor excuse! Meanwhile, how was Palace third goal at Villa not disallowed for handball?

Sylar

yeh, I've heard that excuse before. And it's a poor excuse! Meanwhile, how was Palace third goal at Villa not disallowed for handball?
I mean, city also struggled early season too. Fitness issues and lack of preseason hurt United and city.

By end of season talent took over (city having a better squad meaning they finish top and United most likely second)

It's not the worst excuse and reason

Bertie Wooster

What, saying 'having a pre-season puts players at a better stage at the start of the season than not having a pre-season!?'

If there's no truth to that, then why do clubs at all level always choose to have plenty of pre-season games, against all kinds of opposition?

I'd say it's because it's a fact, not an 'excuse' , that a pre-season firstly helps players get a much needed rest, and then pre-season friendlies help players get sharper and match fit after that much needed rest.

Deny both to players, and it's obviously not ideal preparation for a season. Which is why no clubs choose to prepare for a season that way. And instead all go down the break followed by friendlies route.

James Peril

Zaha is very difficult to like, he is always crying and giving that look of great injustice against him. Glad he’s long gone from Old Trafford.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting summer ahead for Palace. Hodson and around 10+ first team players are out of contact.

Judas

Open to offers
Zaha is very difficult to like, he is always crying and giving that look of great injustice against him. Glad he’s long gone from Old Trafford.
Absolute knobhead, don't know anyone who's had any dealings with him outside of the pitch with anything nice to say about him. Massively unlikeable, plays with such a chip on his shoulder.

Bertie Wooster

Things like that are probably the main reason why he was sold , and why he hasn't been signed by other top six clubs.

Some players are more suited to being the key player at a club, demanding everything goes through them - but only have the level of ability to be a key player at a certain sized clubs, so aren't suited to going to bigger clubs but only as a squad player.

While other players with less ability, but a better attitude / team mentality, make a good career as squad players at top clubs.

Zaha looks like he needs to be the main man in the side if he's to be happy, but he's not got the consistency and end product to be main creator or scorer of top PL and CL clubs. So maybe more suited to remain main man at clubs a level below that.

croadyman

Still some life in them.

Liverpool final day, would be like them to nick a point and dampen their CL chances. ;)
Yeah don't hold any hope of an already relegated WBA to get anything today but Burnley may present some problems in midweek but then how motivated will they be now already safe