Premier League Gameweek 35/36

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
You look at that lineup and realize how, in the middle of a congested, pandemic hit season where games come thick and fast, the most expensive squad in the world with backups good enough to challenge for the title are in the CL final and also winning the league.

Deery

Dreary
That Chelsea squad is ridiculously stacked as well, little wonder both teams are in the CL final..

kiristao

You look at that lineup and realize how, in the middle of a congested, pandemic hit season where games come thick and fast, the most expensive squad in the world with backups good enough to challenge for the title are in the CL final and also winning the league.
It's really crazy isn't it. Replace Ake with a proper CM and that team is good enough to win the league themselves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
City gonna play 442 with one of the CB's in midfield?

Deery

Dreary
Are City only going to play with one midfielder today?

Infra-red

That Chelsea squad is ridiculously stacked as well, little wonder both teams are in the CL final..
Yeah, probably the two best squads in Europe.

Not sure what system Guardiola has gone with, though - whoscored seem to think it's a 3-3-3-1:

Even by Guardiola's standards, that looks fairly bonkers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Remove Kane and Son from their team and I bet they'll struggle to even finish top 7.
Sure, if you remove Kane AND Son...
If you remove Bruno and Rashford United are a EL side...bar City, you can do this for everyone
They have the worst set of CBs in the top half (well perhaps with Everton who also have bombscares there) which is the problem over last four months. Diego Llorente for example made a huge different for Leeds since he got himself fit from Feb, look at their defensive record in last 10 games and v most of top half and he'll be making the Spain euros squad, he'd walk into that Spurs backline currently.

Just posted that aswell as I know you'd be about to post the Mings mistakes reel from this season but alas we're 11th again. Konsa is another who'd get in the Spurs side no danger.

Lloris can still make good reaction saves but he's declined, similar to De Gea really. Lots of goals this season where he just stands motionless as ball flies into the corner.
I agree, hence why i said they're flawed. It's still ultimately a stronger squad than Villa's, West Ham's, etc...

As for Lloris, https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepersadv/Premier-League-Stats#all_stats_keeper_adv

As i said, still one of the best in the league

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Maybe, has he even played midfield before?
Think he started at Chelsea in that position but Bournemouth always played him as a CB.

Don't think Chelsea will lose today.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah, probably the two best squads in Europe.

Not sure what system Guardiola has gone with, though - whoscored seem to think it's a 3-3-3-1:

Even by Guardiola's standards, that looks fairly bonkers.
Mental :lol:
Think he started at Chelsea in that position but Bournemouth always played him as a CB.

Don't think Chelsea will lose today.
No if I was betting I’d lump big on Chelsea.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I fancy at least one of these teams to gain at least one point today.

Dress rehearsal for the CL final.

marktan

Pep trying his best to keep his cards for the final close to his chest.
He'll basically play the team and formation he played against PSG.

Chelsea resting a lot of players too, but if were city I'd be tempted to go in a bit rough against the likes of Kante, Pulisic and werner. Kante in particular will be crucial to the final.

Chairman Steve

I swear every fecking Chelsea game one of their players is wearing a face mask of some form. It’s like their trademark next to manbuns for Leeds, Portuguese players for Wolves and white people for Burnley.

RooneyLegend

I swear every fecking Chelsea game one of their players is wearing a face mask of some form. It’s like their trademark next to manbuns for Leeds, Portuguese players for Wolves and white people for Burnley.
:lol: so black people can only dream of playing for Burnley?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
That’s a red.

EDIT - Apparently not. How the feck is that a yellow if Balbuena is a red :lol: