Premier League Gameweek 35/36

SER19

I don't know, maybe losing to the cnuts in pathetic fashion at Old Trafford after throwing the previous match against Leicester.
Ya midweek was terrible but 11 months ago they were shrieking about a dynasty now they're celebrating scraping 4th. Its hilarious

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What a header that was though.
Sometimes football just throws up the most amazing
It does and that’s why I’m not as gutted as I should be. It really was an incredible moment

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Meh. If they dont make it their owners will just give chequebook Klopp more money anyway.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
If Chelsea win against Leicester and Leicester win against Spuds Liverpool won't qualify, right?
Assuming Liverpool win their games then you'd imagine they'd get it over Leicester on GD. They have the same GD right now but a Leicester loss combined with Liverpool wins would see a fair swing on that you'd imagine.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Should have taken points off Liverpool at home. All our fault. Not ruthless enough as a club.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Ya midweek was terrible but 11 months ago they were shrieking about a dynasty now they're celebrating scraping 4th. Its hilarious
Thats a good point. You've made me feel a little better!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Liverpool still win both their games, is there any way they can go outside the top4?
They'd likely make it in over GD ahead of Leicester, but a big Leicester win vs Spurs would be the only possibility. Not sure if the potential of Chelsea finishing 5th but winning the CL can have an impact.

Bulldog United

Nope. It will be 5 teams in Champions League if Chelsea win it and finish outside the top 4
That rule changed I think.

The maximum is 4 from England whatever happens.

So if Chelsea finish outside the top 4, and win the Champions League, I believe the fourth place team doesn't play in the Champions League.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If Liverpool still win both their games, is there any way they can go outside the top4?
If Chelsea win both and Leicester beat Spurs, it will go to goal difference between them and Liverpool (and Liverpool winning 2 games would probably put them ahead of Leicester).

Let's face it, Liverpool will finish top 4.

TheBreadTruck

Football ehh? Hope we put 10 past Fulham to make up for a shit week.

Now I'm torn between wanting Liverpool to miss out on CL, or seeing if Tuchel gets sacked if he finishes 5th and gets spanked by Citeh...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Only if Chelsea beat Leicester (by a small margin)+Villa and Leicester beat Spurs by a big margin while dippers only win their games by 1 goals margins.

In short, no.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
No point watching games like this. They just always pull it off. As soon as West Brom had a goal ruled out you knew what was coming.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah.
Man loses his father, mere months later scores a goal which proves to be the most important goal of the season.
I hate Liverpool, but sometimes you have to look past the hate and see football for what it is.

United Hobbit

I dunno, they need to beat Burnley by a few goals or they could get out scored by Leicester on the last day.
I wouldnt be too confident after that display to be honest.
Don't Burnley usually roll over for them? I have no faith in Burnley or Crystal Palace.
What happens if Leicester and Chelsea draw, would that be the most favourable outcome?

Didn't actually watch so sums it up that West Brom had a valid goal ruled out based on comments here.

However our bumbling fools didn't half give them a gift, complete with massive bow :mad:

Bulldog United

The WBA defending is so bad, I actually question if match fixing is involved.

2 guys on the edge of the box and nobody marking or defending the posts.
West Brom gave that everything. Defensively they were mighty. They got caught out by the goalkeeper coming up, I guess nobody took the responsibility to mark the new guy in there.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Assuming Liverpool win their games then you'd imagine they'd get it over Leicester on GD. They have the same GD right now but a Leicester loss combined with Liverpool wins would see a fair swing on that you'd imagine.
Thanks, that makes sense. The BBC's website was fooling me because they'd updated the table to say Liverpool had completed the game but kept them on 61 points.