Premier League Gameweek 35/36

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Whatever mate. It's clear you either misinterpreted me or can't read.
Relax you big boomer. I was clearly joking. I misremembered that you said ‘playing better football’ and not ‘great football’

Both statements are wrong anyway

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sheffield United lead 1-0. Looks like poor ending for Everton and West Ham

Bearded One

The VAR camera is 50 FPS. Footballers routinely reach speeds of 30 km / hour, especially when moving in opposite directions - that's 8.3 meters per second. So on the VAR camera, that's a ~16-17 cm margin of error from frame to frame. One frame earlier and Chilwell is onside - are you positive that in that 1/50th of a second the ball hadn't left Silva's foot?

Point is these cameras are passed off as definitively correct when they simply aren't. If they were actually infallible then that'd be one thing, but it's infuriating that players on the line are held to millimeter standards when that level of granularity doesn't exist at the other end.
Once again.. Chelsea losing to Arsenal and Leicester losing to Newcastle last week is what did that. It's not our problem, we even gave Leicester a pity 3 points to try to help them after they absolutely bottled it losing to Newcastle and drew with Southampton.
I have not said Chelsea and Leicester weren’t sloppy, they were but from our point of view, we gifted Liverpool the chance. This is not so much about United-Pool-Chelsea-Leicester, it’s about United-Liverpool.

No true United fan would like to see Liverpool in the champions league just like no true Pool fan would like to see us amount to anything good so this was about trying our utmost best to prevent them from finishing across the line not for Chelsea’s sake but for our own sakes.

Having said that Chelsea and Leicester have themselves to blame for losing cheap points couple of weeks back.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
If Everton finish behind Ars they need to fecking sack that pretender of a manager

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's been happening for years now so I'm used to it, but at times like today I just can't get over how biased Sky's coverage is.

Carragher on commentary, two former players in the studio. And how can they have a post match analysis that doesn't mention the ruled out goal.

I know they have a huge fanbase to pander too, but come on. Just re name it LFC TV and be done with it.

bsCallout

It's been happening for years now so I'm used to it, but at times like today I just can't get over how biased Sky's coverage is.

Carragher on commentary, two former players in the studio. And how can they have a post match analysis that doesn't mention the ruled out goal.

I know they have a huge fanbase to pander too, but come on. Just re name it LFC TV and be done with it.
What about when it's Neville with Keane & Evra?

wise_old_man

To be fair, I remember in our miracle night in Paris (Beating PSG 3-1), most of the commentators were our ex-players or pro-United men too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sourness had the audacity to say "don't show the scenes in here, we're all neutral".

I can't believe anyone even in their teens who doesn't even remember Sourness as a player would for a second not see his massive bias.

To be fair though. Your man was right in front of the keeper. Wasn't surprised to see that chalked off, even if the ball did go wide of him.

roonster09

Scout
Unbelievable. Slightly narrow angle, but time and so much goal to aim at.

Smashes it straight at the keeper and the commentator is praising the keeper for...just standing there.
He was so casual, trying to dink it over the keeper. Should have scored that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was so casual, trying to dink it over the keeper. Should have scored that.
I wouldn't normally care with DCL, as I think he's bang average, but i'm invested tonight having brought him into the old fantasy team.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I shouldn't say this against a multiple CL winner, but I'm not convinced ancelotti is a good coach. He might know how to get a tune out of great players, but with lesser players, I'm not convinced, at all.

What the hell do they do in training all week? They can barely string 3 passes together.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I shouldn't say this against a mulipte CL winner, but I'm not convinced ancelotti is a good coach. He might know how to get a tune out of great players, but with lesser players, I'm not convinced, at all.

What the hell do they do in training all week? They can barely string 3 passes together.
And I thought he had supposedly done a great job at Everton having their best season in a long time?

PoTMS

And I thought he had supposedly done a great job at Everton having their best season in a long time?
With the players he has, he should be doing better. I know I wouldn't be happy with these results and performances if he was our coach.

amolbhatia50k

With the players he has, he should be doing better. I know I wouldn't be happy with these results and performances if he was our coach.
What great players does he have? I like Richarlison. James has always been a bit overrated and doesn't really work hard enough. Not a lot of quality otherwise. DCl is okay I suppose.

roonster09

Scout
Their 2020 form was very good. Played 15 league games, 29 points. 3 points off Liverpool who were in 1st position.

2021 form, 27 points in 20 league games, 10th best in the league.

SATA

Remember, best season is a very low bar.

I don't care how many CL medals he has. I don't see good coaching.
I don't see you play much other than against United but he's maybe the best manager you'll get after Moyes. Not so sure about his coaching though. 6th to 8th is probably a realistic finish for you, don't you think so?

amolbhatia50k

Their 2020 form was very good. Played 15 league games, 29 points. 3 points off Liverpool who were in 1st position.

2021 form, 27 points in 20 league games, 10th best in the league.
That's pretty poor. Probably some of it is a correction of 2020 form, no chance Everton are a 3 points of the leaders team. But yeah he /they have to do better than 27 points from 20 games of course.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I don't see you play much other than against United but he's maybe the best manager you'll get after Moyes. Not so sure about his coaching though. 6th to 8th is probably a realistic finish for you, don't you think so?
6-8th is ok, but it's the performances. He has no style, no philosophy. Nothing. Just relies on his big players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Remember, best season is a very low bar.

I don't care how many CL medals he has. I don't see good coaching.
You had that hot spell in autumn before J-Rod stopped fancying it and wasn't beset by niggles, where you looked a decent attacking force.

But usually I can't see how you'll ever score, and DCL's numbers baffle me as he just looks like a middle of the road forward who charges around a lot.
A more mobile, less aggressive Alan Smith sort of player.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This season we really have been game raising cnuts and I’ll admit that. A fair bunch of wins and good performances against sides above us but absolute crap against anyone in the bottom half. :mad:

Irrational.

17 year old debutant Jebbison has now scored more goals than £20 million+ bench warmer Rhian Brewster.

In a way, Sheffield deserve to go down just for that shitty bit of transfer business and lining the Scousers’ pockets.