Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
OMG! Fcuk! So he could have spent all of the post SAF funds if he’d taken the job?!

What a missed opportunity for us.
Well in a way, just the timing was all wrong and we weren't prepared to wait for a year.

Lack of patience then cost us progress.

Inigo Montoya

I get Liverpool fans bang on about it but the media.. You can bet if it was any other club they wouldn't repeat it so much.
I don't even recall the media getting so celebratory when we broke our drought under SAF. It was a case of Liverpool will bounce back etc...

Inigo Montoya

What is it with Liverpool being media darlings?
Always have been as far back as I can remember.

When SAF deliberately started making enemies of the media and instilled a siege mentality that made us a fearsome side, they were always looking for the 'Great White Hope,' as it were. Liverpool given their previous were always media favourites: Oliver Holt, Henry Winter in particular love them and have had a particular hatred for SAF. Nicky Campbell on Radio5 is a Liverpool fan but also loves SAF...weird!

Added to that was the huge number of ex players hired as pundits and summarisers. Unbelievable really. You even look at it now, there is always an over representation of Liverpool pundits. Kelly Dalgleish is about as unbiased as you get and she's a top presenter but there you go, it's another connection.

The over reaction doesn't surprise me. The silver lining in a way is that lockdown means we don't get parades etc..

Squeaky Bumtime

Always have been as far back as I can remember.

When SAF deliberately started making enemies of the media and instilled a siege mentality that made us a fearsome side, they were always looking for the 'Great White Hope,' as it were. Liverpool given their previous were always media favourites: Oliver Holt, Henry Winter in particular love them and have had a particular hatred for SAF. Nicky Campbell on Radio5 is a Liverpool fan but also loves SAF...weird!

Added to that was the huge number of ex players hired as pundits and summarisers. Unbelievable really. You even look at it now, there is always an over representation of Liverpool pundits. Kelly Dalgleish is about as unbiased as you get and she's a top presenter but there you go, it's another connection.

The over reaction doesn't surprise me. The silver lining in a way is that lockdown means we don't get parades etc..
Yeah, no parade or crowd yesterday made a punch a bit more bearable. Just a little bit.

Maybe more and more United pundits should pop around so the media will go to our side a bit? :) Although if that would go with us being trophyless and the drought being longer that isn't a good idea.
Had no idea about Kelly Dalglish, ffs they even have dinasties in the media now.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah, no parade or crowd yesterday made a punch a bit more bearable. Just a little bit.

Maybe more and more United pundits should pop around so the media will go to our side a bit? :) Although if that would go with us being trophyless and the drought being longer that isn't a good idea.
Had no idea about Kelly Dalglish, ffs they even have dinasties in the media now.
TBF she's been very good when analysing recent good performances from Utd. Less passion and more objectivity as good journos should be.

If you didn't know her background , you'd never know she was Liverpool through and through. Same with Hayley McQueen; excellent presenter.
Mikeh Wedderburn is a Manchester City fan but you'd never get any bias

Mihai

Difference is we know he's shit and the noises are we're doing something about it (links with Onana, Rajokovic and Cakir).

Judging by Ole's comments he's in denial and is going to keep persisting with DDG and you've even got a ready made replacement on your books!
I don't know which comments you refer to, but judging by the conference before West Ham, has anything but "in denial".

Squeaky Bumtime

TBF she's been very good when analysing recent good performances from Utd. Less passion and more objectivity as good journos should be.

If you didn't know her background , you'd never know she was Liverpool through and through. Same with Hayley McQueen; excellent presenter.
Mikeh Wedderburn is a Manchester City fan but you'd never get any bias
Will keep an eye on them. Hayley is good looking too, that helps. :D

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I remember when Keown was creaming himself when they beat us at the Emirates last season. He was going on about how Arsenal are finally back and how Arteta was already on the brink of a Wenger-like dynasty etc etc.

When they beat us at old Trafford I just remember thinking that we'd just lost to one of the poorest arsenal sides I've seen in 35 years. Defensive, boring and lacking any ambition. Without Pogba handing them the penalty it would have been a bore draw

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember when Keown was creaming himself when they beat us at the Emirates last season. He was going on about how Arsenal are finally back and how Arteta was already on the brink of a Wenger-like dynasty etc etc.

When they beat us at old Trafford I just remember thinking that we'd just lost to one of the poorest arsenal sides I've seen in 35 years. Defensive, boring and lacking any ambition. Without Pogba handing them the penalty it would have been a bore draw
100%. It was the same when they got jammy points after parking the bus against City and Liverpool. Got through those games by a combination of good luck and terrible finishing from the opposition and the media hailed it as a managerial masterclass. Ole’s record against the big teams last season never got half the media hype, despite being just as good (better, actually)