Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why is the BBC saying Villa can guarantee safety with a win on the last day?

Surely if Watford win their match and overturn the 1 GD separating them then Villa go down?
If Villa win by 1 goal Watford will need to win by 3 goals & they are away at Arsenal.

Wal2Fra

Why is the BBC saying Villa can guarantee safety with a win on the last day?

Surely if Watford win their match and overturn the 1 GD separating them then Villa go down?
If I am correct, Villa would leapfrog West Ham as their gd is better so it would then be the gd between West Ham & Watford for the final place

Edit: this is under the assumption United stuff West Ham tomorrow

Riz

If I am correct, Villa would leapfrog West Ham as their gd is better so it would then be the gd between West Ham & Watford for the final place

No West Ham’s goal difference is currently 13 better than Villa’s..

InfiniteBoredom

You can't polish a turd. This squad is fecking horrendous and we have zero creativity.
The next two transfer windows (or more likely one) will be crucial for you to rectify that. In some ways you are lucky Covid has made it pretty damn unlikely teams would shell out for Aboomerang, but if you don’t bring your squad up to snuff next season then 21/22 will be painful.

RkkMan

Nope West Ham`s GD is better than Villa`s by 13 goals. They are completely safe no matter what.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The next two transfer windows (or more likely one) will be crucial for you to rectify that. In some ways you are lucky Covid has made it pretty damn unlikely teams would shell out for Aboomerang, but if you don’t bring your squad up to snuff next season then 21/22 will be painful.
I actually wouldn't mind selling Auba to raise some funds. Him and Lacazette just don't work in the same team, he adds so little to the build-up.

Mr Smith

People talk about Ole not improving players but Arteta hasn't improved anyone.
To be fair, he hasn't been there long, we should check again this time next season. I'm not sure how people say Ole doesn't improve players given the way Martial and Rashford are currently playing.

On topic, that's an absolutely huge result for Villa. I had them as a cert to go down, but now I hope they stay up. The management from Watford's club directors has been abysmal this season and they deserve to go down for it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What does Grealish actually do? He looks a decent player but nothing really stands out about him.

Of course he'll score now I've said that.
I'm surprised you ask that. Not only was he very good tonight, completing more dribbles and setting up more chances than anyone else, he was brilliant in the reverse fixture at the Emirates, too.

He's 2nd only to De Bryune for chances created in the league this season. For Aston Villa. Incredible player.