Premier League Gameweek 36-37

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And some think this sport only brings joy to those that wins the trophies on offer.
Yeah this was a huge thing for Everton. Going down could have been absolutely disastrous in terms of their near to mid term future. Avoiding that trap is a huge relief and worth celebrating. Good on them if you ask me.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It's a safety in numbers thing I suppose. If one fan goes on during or after a random match they'll likely get banned from the stadium. If it's hundreds or thousands after a big win the club aren't going to ban them all. Maybe clubs should, or at least announce their intention to do so if they want to stop it.

Those who tangled with Vieira tonight could well be in trouble but the rest probably not.

Aside from assaulting people I personally quite like a pitch invasion. I remember this one fondly:
Talk about a poaching machine leading the line in rvn and ole. And there is no one currently who can consistently produce passes like scholes did there.

Last edited:

choccy77

I'm so glad it's not Liverpool v Villa in the last match.

I could totally see Gerrard playing the under 12s against Liverpool if he had the chance.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
wasn’t long before this myth was brought back.
6 points thing might be a myth but certainty at least 4 every season. Everton haven’t beaten Liverpool at home in 12 years and have won away there once this century, and that was in front of no fans. Absolute embarrassment.

DevilRed

6 points thing might be a myth but certainty at least 4 every season. Everton haven’t beaten Liverpool at home in 12 years and have won away there once this century, and that was in front of no fans. Absolute embarrassment.
fecking dire.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't dispute we have a poor record but I'm fed up of hot takes and people talking shite. You've only won one game against them in the last 5 years in the league too so it's not like recently you've been doing any better either.

NoPace

They only spend money to replace key players that leave though it seems. Armstrong for Ings, Salisu for Vestergaard etc. They never seem to spend to actually try and improve the squad, just to keep it at the level it was or thereabouts. I'd argue their squad hasn't improved in the last 2 or 3 years to be honest.
Perraud for an aging Bertrand, who appears to be done, is an upgrade, even if Perraud probably won't be as good as prime Bertrand. They obviously need some quality in the AM/Winger hybrid position that guys like Forsberg at Leipzig play so well, though, and they haven't spent on that, it's true. Also signed Diallo.

I don't think maintaining is the worst crime in the world, it's just when there's a position or two in the team where there's no realistic hope of a decent performance for the season that I think it's criminal to not bring in a loanee or gamble on a well performing player from a more obscure league or a young player who hasn't made it at a bigger team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Didn't dispute we have a poor record but I'm fed up of hot takes and people talking shite. You've only won one game against them in the last 5 years in the league too so it's not like recently you've been doing any better either.

Love how no one replied to this :lol:

Happy Everton didn’t go down, it felt like a club I always knew were in the PL and had some interesting players or managers.

erikcred

I'm so glad it's not Liverpool v Villa in the last match.

I could totally see Gerrard playing the under 12s against Liverpool if he had the chance.
He'd probably name himself in the starting 11 and give a back pass to Salah from the kick off.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Must be the first time that's happened unless anyone knows differently?

None of them play each other too, so there's something in it for 1 team in 8 out of the 10 fixtures. Chelsea v Watford and Leicester v Southampton the only two meaningless matches.
It was a similar end to the season in League One. All but 2 or 3 games had something riding on it.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There's a difference between gurantee and probably.

BorisManUtd

Must be the first time that's happened unless anyone knows differently?

None of them play each other too, so there's something in it for 1 team in 8 out of the 10 fixtures. Chelsea v Watford and Leicester v Southampton the only two meaningless matches.
Yeah and all teams play at the same time so it'll be fun trying to watch as many games as possible at the same time :lol: would be even better without chances of Liverpool winning the league, but it is what it is.

True!

Of course, if Spurs manage to bottle this (they only need a draw vs Norwich) they will get into the Guinness records as The GOAT of Bottlers!

And it will be very funny to watch Conte explode! (I like Conte but still... )
Plus Everton are already safe now so won't care much about game at Emirates probably, should be comfortable win for Arsenal. I like Spurs more (plus Arsenal fans are annoying) so would like them to finish 4th, but just that scene of Conte exploding after not being able to take at least a point against Norwich :lol: would mean Spurs breaking him in 6 months.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Also I think despite your run against them in the last decade or so they've only actually got 6 points against you in a season twice in that time.

It was quite an astonishing lack of research.

Withnail

Real Name

Smithy89

It's hard to decide between wanting leeds down because it's Leeds or wanting to slap them again.

Real Name

You try holding back thousands of people :lol:

Education, bans for antisocial behaviour and fines for the clubs will sort it out. It's become a bit of a thing recently and they need to nip in the bud.
Agreed. Yeah it's like it's something normal nowadays.