Premier League Gameweek 37

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was worried we had overspent for Richarlison at the beginning of the season but he’s been a great signing. Still rate Digne and Bernard above him on that front considering fee but at his age he’s got an excellent future ahead of him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Was worried we had overspent for Richarlison at the beginning of the season but he’s been a great signing. Still rate Digne and Bernard above him on that front considering fee but at his age he’s got an excellent future ahead of him.
Your form's been decent at the back end of the season.

What's your hope for next season, and what do you think needs to happen in the summer for you to achieve that goal?

Irwin99

Spurs should win pretty easily tomorrow but if they lose that then Everton might be a tricky last game for them.

Probably won't come to that though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Your form's been decent at the back end of the season.

What's your hope for next season, and what do you think needs to happen in the summer for you to achieve that goal?
Gomes and Zouma should be priorities as should a new striker. I like DCL and would keep him but sadly Tosun won’t work out. I’d like Dowell, Lookman and Davies to get more game time too. I’d sell McCarthy and Schneiderlin and bring in another CM to be a backup for Gueye.

We should be trying to consolidate 7th and the EL though next year which will be tough. Ambitions of top 6 need to be put on hold while teams like Wolves, Leicester and Watford all look strong.

marktan

Gomes and Zouma should be priorities as should a new striker. I like DCL and would keep him but sadly Tosun won’t work out. I’d like Dowell, Lookman and Davies to get more game time too. I’d sell McCarthy and Schneiderlin and bring in another CM to be a backup for Gueye.

We should be trying to consolidate 7th and the EL though next year which will be tough. Ambitions of top 6 need to be put on hold while teams like Wolves, Leicester and Watford all look strong.
Given the squad you have and with owners willing to spend you should be looking to push into the top 6 next season, imo. I think we'll see either you or Wolves make a push next season, Leicester maybe if they sign well. Certainly the gap between you and us, Arsenal and Chelsea if they lose Hazard / transfer ban isn't big atm imo.

Really does depend on who has a strong summer transfer window.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Given the squad you have and with owners willing to spend you should be looking to push into the top 6 next season, imo. I think we'll see either you or Wolves make a push next season, Leicester maybe if they sign well. Certainly the gap between you and us, Arsenal and Chelsea if they lose Hazard / transfer ban isn't big atm imo.

Really does depend on who has a strong summer transfer window.
Player and spending wise you’d think so but there is a reason beyond that as to why clubs find it hard to break, the mentality side of it. That can’t be paid for, and even if it’s achieved it’s bloody hard to maintain. Only Spurs have managed that recently despite our 5th place a couple of years ago and Leicester’s title win.

The battle for 7th is the reason I think it’s going to be hard to push and break the top 6...there aren’t really any games I’d bank on us getting a certain 3 points anymore. United, Arsenal and Spurs might day they’d be restricted by spending but if push comes to shove they’ll not hesitate.

Transfer windows are difficult to judge too. The one we had under Koeman everyone thought was amazing at the start and then turned out to be awful. Silva has had a fantastic one this season but will only maintain that if we keep Gomes and Zouma, or at least one of them.

On the topic of signings, shout out to wee Seamus Coleman. Pound for pound one of the best ever PL signing. 60 fecking k.

Looking at the fixture list this weekend involving Us,Chelsea,Arsenal and Spurs just annoys me as a United fan.
We really messed up last weekend.

AgentP

If Watford don't lose, we still have a chance. It will at least give us something to root for in the last game week.

AgentP

Expect Bentitez to lube himself up today for a Klopp bashing.
I think Newcastle can pull off a surprise draw. Benitez would surely not want to lose. It would actually be pretty sweet for him to put an end to Liverpool's title challenge leaving him as still the most successful Liverpool manager in the PL Era.

AgentP

I've got a really strong feeling that Spurs will lose today.

That usually means they'll win 4-0.
Even I get that feeling. The Ajax game will be the only thought in their minds at the moment. I'm fully expecting them to rest a bunch of players for this one.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I think Newcastle can pull off a surprise draw. Benitez would surely not want to lose. It would actually be pretty sweet for him to put an end to Liverpool's title challenge leaving him as still the most successful Liverpool manager in the PL Era.
:lol: Like he cares about that? Liverpool will go gung ho (they always do anyway) today on the off chance GD might come into play. The only hope we have is they balls it up like Crystanbul.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Even I get that feeling. The Ajax game will be the only thought in their minds at the moment. I'm fully expecting them to rest a bunch of players for this one.
I hope Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea will think more about Barcelona, Valencia and Frankfurt then Pl and rest bunch of players. Could be good weekend..

..only to see us lose against Huddersfield, sigh.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
:lol: Like he cares about that? Liverpool will go gung ho (they always do anyway) today on the off chance GD might come into play. The only hope we have is they balls it up like Crystanbul.
Can't see scenario where GD comes into play, would need two draws from City and a win and a loss from Liverpool.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Can't see scenario where GD comes into play, would need two draws from City and a win and a loss from Liverpool.
Agree it is unlikely, that’s why I said off chance. But Liverpool have previous trying to do it that way. I reckon 4-1 to Liverpool.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How on earth was Everton-Burnley a Friday game?!:lol:

I love the great announcement when this first started it would help English teams in europe yet it just seems to be mid table scraps all the time. You could've put Bournemouth-Spurs on last night for example.