Premier League Gameweek 37

Wilt

Any match, any day, free kick or corner there’s shirt pulling, holding, shoving etc, 9 times out of 10 feck all is done about it.

VAR …absolute shit, waste of time

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I am biased of course but this is Brighton’s last home game…best ever season, Europa League assured, 1-1 against Man City with five minutes to play and look at the number of empty seats where folks are slinking off. Where are they going?! Exceptionally well run on the pitch but pretty pathetic in the stands.

LordSpud

I reckon De Zerbi is the heir apparent for Man City when Pep finally goes.

Edwards6

Any match, any day, free kick or corner there’s shirt pulling, holding, shoving etc, 9 times out of 10 feck all is done about it.

VAR …absolute shit, waste of time
Calm down Pep its a clear foul, this is what VAR is there for

wr8_utd

:'(
I think City mentally being sort of checked out for 3 games in a row because of already winning the league might go against them in the two cup finals to be honest. Momentum is a huge thing in sport and they might just lose it a little bit. Meanwhile Inter are having to continue to take every game seriously.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
De Zerbi is going to be next level for me.

He has something special about him. Was brilliant at Shakhtar too and had Mudryk playing out of this world.

He is fearless which I love. Doesn’t care who he’s playing against and sticks to his own system and trusts his players. The polar opposite of Lampard sadly.

Red Royal

Watched last 20 minutes of that and both teams passing and work ethic are clearly better then ours... we have a long way to go to get to anywhere close.

Stacks

Watched last 20 minutes of that and both teams passing and work ethic are clearly better then ours... we have a long way to go to get to anywhere close.
it's disappointing. Lesser teams can play far better than us. Makes me wonder what it is that stops us. All our players are mega expensive but cannot pass nor press. is it the coaching?

Sylar

What's with sky sports having cameras in Brighton's dressing room?
Are they filming some documentary?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
it's disappointing. Lesser teams can play far better than us. Makes me wonder what it is that stops us. All our players are mega expensive but cannot pass nor press. is it the coaching?
Most of their players are looking for better career. While most of our players are set. The mindset and motivation are on different level.

But then when you see City's players. Well, their owners are probably playing hostage to motivate them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Which is sad really considering we’ve had ETH slightly longer than they’ve had their manager. Other teams click straight away takes ours about 2 seasons to fully hit top form.

JustinC00

Which is sad really considering we’ve had ETH slightly longer than they’ve had their manager. Other teams click straight away takes ours about 2 seasons to fully hit top form.

You all know Brighton lost 3-0 to Brentford & 5-1 to Everton recently and finished below us right?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is just such shockingly clueless nonsense. No perspective.

edcunited1878

De Zerbi kept their continuity and adjusted the way they transition through midfield and into the attacking third, which wasn't a seizmic shift from how they were already playing for years under Potter.

He wouldn't have been Brighton's manager after Potter if he didn't have an idea of how to keep continuity and adjust accordingly.

Yes, EtH has been a manager at United longer than De Zerbi has been at Brighton, but the identity of De Zerbi and the platform he was able to inherit is much, much suited to him and better than what EtH inherited as United manager.

erikcred

You all know Brighton lost 3-0 to Brentford & 5-1 to Everton recently and finished below us right?
And we got whipped by Brentford and that other Merseyside club, both of which finished below us. What's your point?

edcunited1878

And we got whipped by Brentford and that other Merseyside club, both of which finished below us. What's your point?
Brentford was a harsh lesson and that was a high point of their season. United recovered very well from that 2nd game set back and first half hour/first half implosion.

pool had a freak 2nd half as it pertained to conversion rate. Point being, Brighton play really nice football, but nice football still isn't going to make you a great team and while Brighton get a lot of well deserved and earned praise, United just get dismissed and nobody is giving United any praise, it's as if United have been extremely lucky this season and lucked their way into a CL position.

erikcred

pool had a freak 2nd half as it pertained to conversion rate.
And Everton were a juggernaut who everyone expected to roll Brighton over the way they did? They had a freak match where everything went in as well.

And if you disregard our 4-0 Brentford defeat, we should disregard Brighton's 2-0 defeat (it's not 3-0).

while Brighton get a lot of well deserved and earned praise, United just get dismissed and nobody is giving United any praise, it's as if United have been extremely lucky this season and lucked their way into a CL position.
Surely you know that there is a massive difference in the resources available to the two clubs? It's shocking that you're actually surprised that they get praised more for playing attractive football and reaching Europe with their budget.

If we play pleasing football and win the league, we'll obviously get more praise than City get.

Ted Lasso

Potter's team > de Zerbi is a lot smoother a transition than from Ole's> ETH

edcunited1878

And Everton were a juggernaut who everyone expected to roll Brighton over the way they did? They had a freak match where everything went in as well.

And if you disregard our 4-0 Brentford defeat, we should disregard Brighton's 2-0 defeat (it's not 3-0).

Surely you know that there is a massive difference in the resources available to the two clubs? It's shocking that you're actually surprised that they get praised more for playing attractive football and reaching Europe with their budget.

If we play pleasing football and win the league, we'll obviously get more praise than City get.
I'm not surprised that they get praised for how they play, they have earned and deserved that. They too have taken advantage of teams like Chelsea and Spurs for collapsing and just being horrible, to be in Europe next season.

United have earned and deserved their position in the table, in addition to going through much more change and adversity than almost every team in the division, yet they get backhanded compliments under EtH.

And it's compounded by many 'supporters' on here who don't have to like current United players, but sure as heck don't appreciate their contributions or at least respect them. Fine, you're not good enough, just let it be.

Teja

Very proud of us tonight. Thought we were superb.
Y'all are easily my second favorite club in the league. Even during the Potter days I liked Brighton. Still trying to come to terms with it - I've had this happen once before (I'm ashamed to admit) with the Spurs side that had Modric, Berbatov, Keane etc.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still doesn’t change the fact they play better football than us. We got through it because we have better players which is expected.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Still doesn’t change the fact they play better football than us. We got through it because we have better players which is expected.
Easy to play well when you don't have 3 games per week.

redcucumber

Y'all are easily my second favorite club in the league. Even during the Potter days I liked Brighton. Still trying to come to terms with it - I've had this happen once before (I'm ashamed to admit) with the Spurs side that had Modric, Berbatov, Keane etc.
Think most people did, tbf. Impossible to not like Brighton.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Mitoma's handball happened while his hands were on the ground. A similar situation to the Southampton handball against us at Old Trafford.

What are the rules again? Does it change on a weekly basis?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Whilst obviously small compared to Utd’s budget Tony Bloom’s put in hundreds of millions in interest free loans to get them here. As well as they’ve done (and I have no qualms with him doing it as I assume his plan will ultimately see them become a long term profitable club), it’s not exactly been a fairytale.

erikcred

Whilst obviously small compared to Utd’s budget Tony Bloom’s put in hundreds of millions in interest free loans to get them here. As well as they’ve done (and I have no qualms with him doing it as I assume his plan will ultimately see them become a long term profitable club), it’s not exactly been a fairytale.
That's all I was saying. I was replying to a poster who seemed flabbergasted that Brighton get so many plaudits for getting into Europe while playing excellent football whereas our achievement of making top-4 while playing objectively less attractive football than them with a larger budget, is going under the radar.