Premier League Gameweek 38 | Final weekend fixtures of 2017/18 season (13th May 2018)

Sandyman

Few weeks back, it looked like the top 4 was done and that the relegation battle will go to the final day of the season. Football eh!

Chelsea have the slimmest of chances to make top 4. They need to win and hope that Brighton, who have nothing to play for, defeat Liverpool at Anfield.
Swansea can avoid relegation if they beat Stoke by a huge margin and Southampton lose to City by a similar huge margin to make up a goal difference of 10.

Both scenarios are unlikely to happen.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I feel like a terrible person because I'm more interested in my fantasy team than any actual results (even in my wildest dreams Brighton are not beating Liverpool).

prath92

Literally nothing to play for. Champions decided, second and third decided. Two relegation teams decided. Europa places decided

The only outside things to be decided are 4th place (Chelsea have to beat Newcastle and hope Brighton beat Liverpool) and third relegation side (Swansea would have to win by 9 goals and hope Southampton lose).

I have half a mind to watch the cricket.

Raw

Just realised Liverpool haven't lost a league game at home this season. Top 4 is done and dusted.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
So 1-0 for Chelsea and Brighton and Liverpool is not in CL next year? Or do they have to score more goals? Anyway, Don't see Liverpool resting players. Plenty time until they play and win CL. Bite
Edit, forget I asked, just took a look at league table.

Sandyman

So 1-0 for Chelsea and Brighton and Liverpool is not in CL next year? Or do they have to score more goals? Anyway, Don't see Liverpool resting players. Plenty time until they play and win CL. Bite
Goals do not matter. Chelsea have to win and Liverpool have to lose. Liverpool can still be in the CL next year though - by winning number 6 :(

Sandyman

West Brom and Crystal Palace have had terrific runs to end the season. It was a little too late for West Brom though. They both have more points than everyone bar Chelsea and Man City over the last 5 games :eek:

Chipper

Adulterer.
They probably won't, but if I remember over the summer Burnley's goal tally might be a reason to have a little bet on them to go down next season.

Whether they do or they don't they'll be big odds because of their finishing position and they could be value. A little stab in the dark fun bet. The way I see it, outside the top 6 almost everyone is one bad season from relegation. You could possibly throw Everton and Leicester in there too at a pinch but I'm not entirely sure they're guaranteed either. A lot of teams could go down.

If they struggle to score again next season things could turn out very different for them. There's European football for them too next campaign. Not sure about the value of xg but it's where it could come into play. Apparently they were projected to score just 32 on the chances they created and concede 51. If someone came in for Pope (we know he's been in great form) then that could be very bad for them.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Literally nothing to play for. Champions decided, second and third decided. Two relegation teams decided. Europa places decided

The only outside things to be decided are 4th place (Chelsea have to beat Newcastle and hope Brighton beat Liverpool) and third relegation side (Swansea would have to win by 9 goals and hope Southampton lose).

I have half a mind to watch the cricket.
3rd place is not yet decided. Assuming that Liverpool win their home game, then Spurs will also need to beat Leicester in order to stay in 3rd place.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
There is no point in hoping Brighton win, surely? Is there?
I have £10 on Chelsea making top four at 25/1, so if it does happen, I'll still celebrate :lol: With Mane injured & our midfield lighter than air, anything is possible.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If we keep a clean sheet today it’ll be our 17th of the season, which will be the most we’ve had in a league campaign since Benitez was in charge.

Speaking of Benitez, do us a favour Rafa so we don’t have to bother.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Still can't believe that City include Pep's photo on their team-announcement graphics. :lol: Desperate stuff.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Good to see Kyle Walker-Peters starting at RB for us ... I think it's his first ever Prem league start.

Edit: correction, he started the 1st game of the season for us.

AgentP

Good to see Kyle Walker-Peters starting at RB for us ... I think it's his first ever Prem league start.

Edit: correction, he started the 1st game of the season for us.
Didn't he start a few at the start of the season when Trippier was injured?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Vertonghen injured in the warmup. Replaced by Dier.