Premier League Gameweek 38 | Lasagnagate pt.2

Big relief in the end. I thought City were finished at 0-2 and was just waiting for the inevitable news from Anfield. Fair play to City, they showed real character to turn that around. Superb drama to end the season, involving two top teams. We have a huge mountain to climb, to close the gap on both.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Holly shit. I was nervous as feck and soooo happy when City scored. Then i realised; it is City ffs. I am nervous and happy because of fecking City. My club is not even playing.
We hit rock bottom this year. Peak of the season and best day of the season was Gundogan goal.....sickening

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Weird post. Course you’re gutted. It’s fecking normal. We’d be worried if you weren’t. Let’s hope you’re feeling like shit on Saturday night.
But it’s not like I’ve seen Liverpool win loads of trophies in my time, so winning two should feel great. We need to win on Saturday to make it a great season imo. It’s currently a good season but this squad should be winning one of the big two.

Fooza

We’ve won two trophies and might win a third and I’m gutted for some reason.
You'd have won the title had Villa just held on, imagine winning 2-0 and not even coming off with a draw. Got to hurt, no matter what

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
On another note, I wonder what Heisenberg made of the United players at Palace today. Can imagine he’ll be into them straight away at the end of June.

bosskeano

fuking crazy end to the season....

United finish 6th and get Europa football thanks to Brighton
City win the league and rip the hearts out of the scouser by allowing them to believe they had a chance only to score 3 in 6 minutes to win the title
Spurs smash Norwich to pip Arsenal for the Champions League
and Leeds stay up while the hoofers of Burnley go down

All in All a good turn of events today

Parma Dewol

That was too close for comfort. Will anyone ever get that close to the quadruple again?

Over to you, Erik, time to get us back in the race.

nmm85

I had to look after my son after half time and as I live in Ancoats, I could hear all the city celebrations. I had final score on mute in the background and all I could see was Liverpool on there from a distance. I had to go and check they hadn't won the title. Crazy that there was barely any shots of City.

feck this season.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
But it’s not like I’ve seen Liverpool win loads of trophies in my time, so winning two should feel great. We need to win on Saturday to make it a great season imo. It’s currently a good season but this squad should be winning one of the big two.
Nope, should be competing, and you are. You're the second best team in England, so really City should be winning one, and probably the other ahead of you. Not to mention the rest of the continents big clubs.

RedDevilQuebecois

Jesus Christ. How come the GMP didn't get the riot squad on the ready when they absolutely knew City's history of pitch invasions? I mean it was obvious that the stadium need the same kind of security that was brought in when Luis Figo played for the first time as a Real Madrid player at the Nou Camp.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Nope, should be competing, and you are. You're the second best team in England, so really City should be winning one, and probably the other ahead of you. Not to mention the rest of the continents big clubs.
I rate this squad higher than that. It’s good enough that I think we should be winning one of the big two from here.

Weirdly I would’ve taken the two domestic cups and a title challenge at the start of the season. Now I’d be underwhelmed if that’s all we end up with.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
fuking crazy end to the season....

United finish 6th and get Europa football thanks to Brighton
City win the league and rip the hearts out of the scouser by allowing them to believe they had a chance only to score 3 in 6 minutes to win the title
Spurs smash Norwich to pip Arsenal for the Champions League
and Leeds stay up while the hoofers of Burnley go down

All in All a good turn of events today
Spurs had a 66% chance of getting 4th at the start of the day given the overwhelming goal difference, add that it was Norwich into the equation and statistically it was probably over 90% certain, so it wasn’t a shock.

United finishing with a GD of 0 was more shocking than Brighton doing you a favour.

Leeds was a good one, I’ll give you that.

City were winning before Liverpool were winning so ultimately it’s not as heartbreaking as it sounds.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Spurs had a 66% chance of getting 4th at the start of the day given the overwhelming goal difference, add that it was Norwich into the equation and statistically it was probably over 90% certain, so it wasn’t a shock.

United finishing with a GD of 0 was more shocking than Brighton doing you a favour.

Leeds was a good one, I’ll give you that.

City were winning before Liverpool were winning so ultimately it’s not as heartbreaking as it sounds.
Yeah we were never actually top on the day. I was actually starting to fear that City would drop points but we would as well, basically throwing the title away. Would’ve been worse than the actual outcome.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Glad to see the back of the season to be honest. Need a break from watching Chelsea, and football in general.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Never. The unfolding of events in 1999 was perhaps the perfect context for such, but it never happened. The only time I saw footage of a pitch invasion with United fans in the modern (Premier League) era was in the very last game of the 1992-93 season, when the title was already won a couple of weeks earlier.
There was one after the semi final giggs wonder goal game.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Never. The unfolding of events in 1999 was perhaps the perfect context for such, but it never happened. The only time I saw footage of a pitch invasion with United fans in the modern (Premier League) era was in the very last game of the 1992-93 season, when the title was already won a couple of weeks earlier.
Last one I remember was when we beat Villa 3-2 away in the cup, although that wasn't at home.