Premier League Gameweek 4 fixtures (1st - 2nd September 2018)

J_XO

Wish I could laugh but our defence is just as horrific. At least we have David :drool:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal are so fecking soft. From front to back.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
All three are league winners with significant European pedigree. Under the right manager, with the right system, I think they are.

The ceiling for that trio is very, very high.
Lacazette is not that good .. nowhere near the best strikers in the league. Aubameyang is good but limited, and Ozil hasn't been in the right 'system' for yonks.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
All three are league winners with significant European pedigree. Under the right manager, with the right system, I think they are.

The ceiling for that trio is very, very high.
Aubameyang maybe, although he has limitations. Ozil yes, if bothered. Lacazette? Nah.

Dante

Average bang
They are not as good as Salah, Mane and Firminio.
At their best, Lacazette was scoring 28 in 30, Aubamayang was scoring 31 in 32 and Ozil was the creative heartbeat of a CL-winning Real Madrid. They're all top quality players in their physical prime.

I don't think Emery can get them playing to the same standard as the Liverpool forwards. But the potential is there.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Did well to get the power he did on that header.

AndyJ1985

Neil Warnock and Unai Emery might not agree but this is a terrific advert for the Premier League. Two committed, attacking, teams really going for it now. Is Jose Mourinho watching?
BBC taking digs at us again

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
At their best, Lacazette was scoring 28 in 30, Aubamayang was scoring 31 in 32 and Ozil was the creative heartbeat of a CL-winning Real Madrid. They're all top quality players in their physical prime.

I don't think Emery can get them playing to the same standard as the Liverpool forwards. But the potential is there.
Ozil was not on Real for any of their CL winning squads.

Needham

I don't think Klopp could get them playing to the same standards as the Liverpool players either. Nor could Guardiola. Even in a parallel universe Ozil is sulking.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Fecking greedy from the Cardiff forward there - could've been a third if he'd played the right pass.
Think it's more a case of it being hard to spot for most players in a situation like that. He did well to create space for the shot to begin with.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
why do arsenal celebrate every goal as if this game is a piece of piss?

Traub

You are ripe for it.
Yeah, and they know a shit boring United is terrible for the premier league. A bad United will cost the premier league a lot in the long run. I know a lot of casual premier league viewers who have completely given up on the premier league as a result.

Dante

Average bang
Ozil was not on Real for any of their CL winning squads.
My bad. World Cuup winning, then. He also got 19 assists in 35 matches in 2015/6.

For all his psychological weaknesses, he can still do things that only a handful of other people are capable of.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Unusual for Spurs not to start with Dier … unless he's picked up a slight knock and is deemed not fit enough for the full 90.

We're playing 3 at the back, plus 2 wingbacks, so I can only assume that Eriksen or Alli will drop deeper to join Dembele in the CM.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
that was the moment. has to hit the target there