Premier League Gameweek 4

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least this season we can just deal with Liverpool winning it from the off.
No disappointments with City down the line.

We might even finish above City ourselves if we get ourselves going.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
KDB as FF captain 2 weeks in a row. Thank me later.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Outta the title race after 3 games. On the plus side if we keep this points rate up, we'll stay in the division.

Credit to Leeds, amazing for a team on that budget to play like that both vs City and Liverpool. Should have won today.
You were battering them in fairness.
One Bamford superb chance, but the last 20-25 were all City.

And I don't know what the commentators were saying as I had it on mute, but surely could have had 1 pen

Hoof the ball

I'm sorry but certain players are untouchable and impossible to change to that point, that's why it never worked between Zlatan and Pep.
That's why it would never work between Bielsa and Pogba or Bielsa and the current Messi
Messi has ran his bollocks off since Koeman has been in charge. Matter of fact, Messi damn near ran to exhaustion when Barca had ten men. Messi could do it because is currently doing it.

always_hoping

Leeds impressive 2nd half could easily have won. Man City not a patch on their team of 2 seasons ago they will do well finish 2nd this season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You were battering them in fairness.
One Bamford superb chance, but the last 20-25 were all City.

And I don't know what the commentators were saying as I had it on mute, but surely could have had 1 pen
First 25 and last 15 I'd say was all us. Everything in between they were better.
We did the same vs Leicester. Should have been a couple up after half an hour, dropped a bollix for a goal and got mullered.

Difference last 15 minutes was Fernandinho in at #6, defence has some help. Funny enough the only game we've looked half decent this season for long periods was Wolves and that was Fern at 6 for the full game.

Arka_BleedingRed

3-4 vs Liverpool, 1-1 vs City. Leeds is seriously the team to watch this season, followed by Everton. A well drilled attacking team, it was marvellous to see the movement and patterns, crisp passing and their confidence going forward. This is what a good coach can do, turn an average team to a good one. Maybe, they are going to burn out early, but we will see some very entertaining matches from them this season.

TommiHelm

Let's see what happens vs Spurs first, eh?
Yea. A win at home against Spurs isn't gonna change my mind much I think. There's just to many good teams that have improved since last season now. Gonna be pessimistic, and rather be happy when/if we do better this season. Unless we get Sancho (and a couple more), or all of a sudden start playing a narrow 41212 or 4222 so we can get the most out of Pogba, Bruno, Donny (and even Mata) at the same time, I'll be very surprised if we get more points than last season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bruce vs Dyche, a real english game coming up after those 2 foreign coaches serving up a shit show.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why do I keep hearing this? Liverpool are arguably got the hardest working team in the world. Have they 'primadonnas'? Maybe not, but Klopp has been able to build, not only a very hardworking team, but a successful one too.

Don't see why Bielsa couldn't do that.
Liveroool don’t have any “superstars” though, other than maybe Salah? Who was far from a superstar when he bought him, which is very very very rare at a big club. Can you imagine him walking into Barca & telling the likes of Messi & Griezmann they have to cover every blade of grass for 90 minutes. Wouldn’t happen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Messi has ran his bollocks off since Koeman has been in charge. Matter of fact, Messi damn near ran to exhaustion when Barca had ten men. Messi could do it because is currently doing it.
Let's see how long this lasts and besides compare to the work by any of the Leeds attackers. It's nowhere near close

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First 25 and last 15 I'd say was all us. Everything in between they were better.
We did the same vs Leicester. Should have been a couple up after half an hour, dropped a bollix for a goal and got mullered.

Difference last 15 minutes was Fernandinho in at #6, defence has some help. Funny enough the only game we've looked half decent this season for long periods was Wolves and that was Fern at 6 for the full game.
I thought it was madness when a couple of pundits were predicting you 3rd and 4th, but right now it's not looking as mad.

It surely has to be Pep's last year this year.
You'll probably win the league cup and maybe that's it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised VAR didn’t look closer at that Sterling pen shout, and that was definitely a red.
I was watching on mute, and they seemed to have a decent shout for 3 pens or so.

I hate the whole City money project as much as anyone, but allegiances aside, they seem to often get the sh!Tty end of the stick with calls.

Hoof the ball

Let's see how long this lasts and besides compare to the work by any of the Leeds attackers. It's nowhere near close
Well, no, but that's not how you manage the stamina of +30 players. If your best player is that age, and has to play game-in, game-out, it's silly to have him running on and off the ball aggressively for long periods of the game. That's why Rakitic played behind Messi on that right, because tactically his energy permitted Messi to conserve energy for offensive moves.

Messi will be more active in the press under Koeman, but I certainly wouldn't expect non-stop running; hell, even the genetic freak Ronaldo doesn't do that much off the ball for the same reasons. You've got to responsibly manage diminishing stamina levels.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I thought it was madness when a couple of pundits were predicting you 3rd and 4th, but right now it's not looking as mad.

It surely has to be Pep's last year this year.
You'll probably win the league cup and maybe that's it.
Every game is the same, look great at the start, if we don't put ourselves out of sight, we'll concede something stupid and then lose our nerve. I think we'll be fine and easily qualify for CL (likely 2nd) with Kun back but by the time he's back we'll be out of the title race if Liverpool stay relentless. Even though we got trashed 2nd half vs Leicester, with Kun I think we'd be at least another goal up before the mental breakdown for the pen and we'd have won today. Big concern is he clearly can't play 30 games after he comes back so we need a plan B to actually put teams away.

With regards Pep, if he doesn't turn it around I don't think he'll be offered an extension, weird and all as it sounds he'll be out by mutual consent. I feel for him a bit, I mean you can't coach Ederson not to drop corners or Mendy to be Simple Jack if you tried. We had 23 shots today of which we got 2 on target. But at the end of the day, these "one off individual mistakes" aren't one off mistakes, and we regularly miss buckets of chances in games like this. We handed Leeds their goal today, handed Leicester 3 of their goals. We've conceded 7 I think, 4 of which were gifts and cost us at least 3 points. I'm sick of beating the Fernandinho should play no.6 drum but its clear with our results this season.

Skills

Snitch
If it doesnt work, then you get rid of them. Thats what being a manager is about. Klopp has done it.
That's an awful way of running a football club.

Players are worth £100m+, managers by and large are completely worthless in football.

Walters_19_MuFc

Liveroool don’t have any “superstars” though, other than maybe Salah? Who was far from a superstar when he bought him, which is very very very rare at a big club. Can you imagine him walking into Barca & telling the likes of Messi & Griezmann they have to cover every blade of grass for 90 minutes. Wouldn’t happen.
Don't play them then!