Premier League Gameweek 4

No Love

Criminal for so many players to stand off him like that. Saint is a good player, mind you. Like him a lot.

marktan

There's my boy Saint-Maximin. I think he has the potential to reach Mane levels of output, technically he's superb, just lacking end product.

Would love us to sign him.

Walters_19_MuFc

That's an awful way of running a football club.

Players are worth £100m+, managers by and large are completely worthless in football.
Getting rid of players that don't suit your philosophy or don't buy into it? How else are you meant to put your stamp on a team then?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well, no, but that's not how you manage the stamina of +30 players. If your best player is that age, and has to play game-in, game-out, it's silly to have him running on and off the ball aggressively for long periods of the game. That's why Rakitic played behind Messi on that right, because tactically his energy permitted Messi to conserve energy for offensive moves.

Messi will be more active in the press under Koeman, but I certainly wouldn't expect non-stop running; hell, even the genetic freak Ronaldo doesn't do that much off the ball for the same reasons. You've got to responsibly manage diminishing stamina levels.
That's all I'm saying too, Bielsa's style isn't made for everyone. After a while players get tired and the biggest and proudest players would lose motivation to keep on running

diarm

Jamal Lewis cost Newcastle less than £15mil and he's got more about him than either of our £70/80mil pair going forward.

caid

Every game is the same, look great at the start, if we don't put ourselves out of sight, we'll concede something stupid and then lose our nerve. I think we'll be fine and easily qualify for CL (likely 2nd) with Kun back but by the time he's back we'll be out of the title race if Liverpool stay relentless. Even though we got trashed 2nd half vs Leicester, with Kun I think we'd be at least another goal up before the mental breakdown for the pen and we'd have won today. Big concern is he clearly can't play 30 games after he comes back so we need a plan B to actually put teams away.

With regards Pep, if he doesn't turn it around I don't think he'll be offered an extension, weird and all as it sounds he'll be out by mutual consent. I feel for him a bit, I mean you can't coach Ederson not to drop corners or Mendy to be Simple Jack if you tried. We had 23 shots today of which we got 2 on target. But at the end of the day, these "one off individual mistakes" aren't one off mistakes, and we regularly miss buckets of chances in games like this. We handed Leeds their goal today, handed Leicester 3 of their goals. We've conceded 7 I think, 4 of which were gifts and cost us at least 3 points. I'm sick of beating the Fernandinho should play no.6 drum but its clear with our results this season.
He seems to have a weird blind spot for players like Fernandinho. I kind of think he's been the best #6 in the world in previous years, its was kind of bemusing to see him dropped to cb when it feels like the rest of the team should have been moving to accomodate him.
Guardiola missed out on Jorginho and Fred before getting Rodri so it kind of seems this was always the plan. Which is just odd really, its kind of blatant what they lack relative to Fernandinho.
Even with Fernandinho, Kompany and Otamendi (who granted wasn't amazing but he was above average at the very least) you looked kind of vulnerable. I think he needs to rethink things a bit and stop trying to recreate a 2010 barca. Build a team for this league today.

marktan

Burnley are pretty poor currently. Been surprised that they've done so well in the PL for so long with no traditional wide players, playing 2 good big men up front and just packing the midfield. But a lack of signings and loosing Hendricks has made them worse.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Burnley look awful. Will see if they go down this time. Newcastle look boring as always, but have enough firepower to stay up.

diarm

When are they going to get a booking? They've kicked Saint-Maximin up and down the field for 49 minutes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He seems to have a weird blind spot for players like Fernandinho. I kind of think he's been the best #6 in the world in previous years, its was kind of bemusing to see him dropped to cb when it feels like the rest of the team should have been moving to accomodate him.
Guardiola missed out on Jorginho and Fred before getting Rodri so it kind of seems this was always the plan. Which is just odd really, its kind of blatant what they lack relative to Fernandinho.
Even with Fernandinho, Kompany and Otamendi (who granted wasn't amazing but he was above average at the very least) you looked kind of vulnerable. I think he needs to rethink things a bit and stop trying to recreate a 2010 barca. Build a team for this league today.
Its this weird fascination with everyone being amazing on the ball. There was a time when he said "I wish I had 10 Fernandinho's outfield" but really he meant 10 Sergio Busquets. His obsession with defending without defending could possibly be his end. There are very few clubs in the world where you can do that. He's already been at 2 of them. He's an amazing manager but he needs to realize that football passes certain things by, as you said Barca 2010, that was 10 years ago, football has moved on. Just like the other great managers, he'll have to adapt or be left behind. This is a bigger season for him than even he realizes, for Jose he went from Champion with Chelsea to relatively not being part of the best managers club in about 24 months.

drdoityourself

What a player Saint-Maximin is. It they had another threat on the left instead of Joelinton they'd really be interesting.

Whats happened to Burnley this season? Cant keep a clean sheet for love nor money.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I'm very glad Burnley are on their way down. Good riddance.

The KKK's favourite club.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Why the hell does that cnut Barnes never seem to get punished for his thuggishness?