Premier League Gameweek 4

Ollie Derbyshire

This Liverpool team have problems. Defence is looking pretty good again, not great, but solid.

Midfield lack options with energy though and Mane and Firmino look like shadows of the players they were, while Jota is widely inconsistent and doesn’t seem to gel well with Salah.

They are still a good team, no hyperbole, but they have some quite serious issues.
I’d say that when it clicks for them they are a better side than us but not by much now, by the end of this year I think that’ll change.

flappyjay

Genuine question, as I can't remember anything that happened before the international break, but how did Chelsea do in their draw? They've been smacking them in of late but only managed one against the scouse.
Chelsea got a red in the 1st half of that game.

always_hoping

The 4 teams that are expected to finish the season in the top 4 are all in the top 4 after just 4 games, that doesn't bode well for the other top 4 hopefuls.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The 4 teams that are expected to finish the season in the top 4 are all in the top 4 after just 4 games, that doesn't bode well for the other top 4 hopefuls.
There surely can't have been a more obvious top 4 in 10 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely not a red now..

If that chat screenshot of his mother is real.. what a fecking cnut..
The thing is, just because someone has talent as a footballer doesn't mean they have even the slightest bit of class and niceness about them as a person.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’d say that when it clicks for them they are a better side than us but not by much now, by the end of this year I think that’ll change.
I am not sure about that anymore. I know Mane has just scored, but he has been below par for some time now, a worryingly long time. Same for Firmino.

It’s the same team that won the title on paper, but Wijnaldum was probably their best midfielder along with Fabinho in that period, and those names just aren’t the players they were during that period.

I don’t think they will ever reach that same intensity again.

Cpt Negative

Time for Klopp to fecking moan about how the refs are inciting violence by even daring a player of there’s to be tackled

Nogbadthebad

Liverpool are a side that were great, but key players are beginning the decline.

It only takes a 5% drop in performance of a few players to go from winners to also rans. Its what made Fergie so remarkable that he could see and do something about it year after year after year.

I don't really think they ever thought Mbappe was an option, that was just rumours to please the fans, but I suspect Klop knows they needed fresh talent.

Arguably then needed kane more than anyone, he plays the firmino role better than anyone around and scores a potful of goals too, and I really can't see them getting Haaland next season, so not sure what they will do.

Irwin99

Was thinking that yesterday. Top 4 race won't be much of a race this year unless Leicester do a reverse of what they normally do and actually get their act together as the season goes on (I wouldn't bet on it though)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are a side that were great, but key players are beginning the decline.

It only takes a 5% drop in performance of a few players to go from winners to also rans. Its what made Fergie so remarkable that he could see and do something about it year after year after year.

I don't really think they ever thought Mbappe was an option, that was just rumours to please the fans, but I suspect Klop knows they needed fresh talent.

Arguably then needed kane more than anyone, he plays the firmino role better than anyone around and scores a potful of goals too, and I really can't see them getting Haaland next season, so not sure what they will do.
There are forwards out there outside of Mbappe, Haaland and Kane.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I'm struggling to feel as confident as you are, having seen them stroll an away win out, but having missed about 20 chances on top.
Leeds have been horrendous to be fair. Maybe I am mad, but they just don’t seem to have that intensity anymore and their fearsome front three aren’t so fearsome.

I think better teams will give them more issues this year.

cyberman

I'm struggling to feel as confident as you are, having seen them stroll an away win out, but having missed about 20 chances on top.
Can’t see why missing chances is a positive? Their struggles to supplement Salah is a real problem for them

acnumber9

Last years top four already taking the top four places. It wouldn’t be that big a surprise if it doesn’t change between now and the end.

Nogbadthebad

There are forwards out there outside of Mbappe, Haaland and Kane.
Of course there are, but few other than those can put in the numbers your guys were doing at their peaks, and that is the problem.

If you aren't replacing them with the very best, you are going backwards.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Fabinho and Thiago were top quality today, alongside Salah.

Mane had more shots than the entire Leeds team. Glad he got his goal in the end, but my word he fluffed his chances.

TheLord

Unlike in the previous seasons, I don't think there was anyone hoping (realistically) to get into the top-four this season, other than the 'Big Four'.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Of course there are, but few other than those can put in the numbers your guys were doing at their peaks, and that is the problem.

If you aren't replacing them with the very best, you are going backwards.
We'll be looking for the next Mane and Salah before they've made it big, I reckon.

mu4c_20le

Fabinho and Thiago were top quality today, alongside Salah.

Mane had more shots than the entire Leeds team. Glad he got his goal in the end, but my word he fluffed his chances.
Your midfield is being carried by Fabinho at the moment. Cant remember if it was lvg or mourinho but whoever passed him over really cocked that one up. Still think Thiago is just a shite Jonjo Shelvey though, his dwelling on the ball almost caused Alisson a great embarrassment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can’t see why missing chances is a positive? Their struggles to supplement Salah is a real problem for them
Creating chances is very important. You'd be much more worried as a Liverpool fan if they'd been massively under the cosh and romped away and blagged 3 goals in 3 shots.
Only the most bitter one eyed United fan could view today and think they didn't deserve to win by a country mile.