Premier League Gameweek 6

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why are people acting as if Liverpool winning the league is a given? Other teams are still well in the mix and have actually been playing better than pool so far
Because there isn't any hope at all of anyone else matching them bar City?

Hoof the ball

Look before passing the ball. Basics!
As another City fan already pointed out, Sterling kept turning away from passes already on their way to his feet. KdB initiated the pass with Sterling with his back to goal. This happened multiple times in the last ten minutes. The fault lies with Sterling because he lost his head.

Raw

Really not looking forward to facing West Ham. They're gonna be more frustrating to play against than usual.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Performance is a better indicator of future success than results, and liverpool have been pretty dominant so far actually, the villa game looks more like a fluke than anything. They aren't even defending badly, in fact they're conceding very little, opponents are just shooting really good against them(in a complete turn-around from last season when their defence was buoyed by opponents' inability to finish)
Even Liverpool fans will tell you they're defending poorly this season, Trent, Gomez and even van Dijk have been all over the show. They're still unarguably the best team in the league with or without van Dijk, they're just more beatable and will be punished from crosses and their kamikaze high-line. Opponents are shooting really good against them? That defence is better than Liverpool's.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our Transfer policy is not great but City not getting even a single striker this window is way worse than anything we have done.
Pep seems to be superb at at picking a squad up and making them play superb football, but struggles to build a new side when the key players decline or leave.

Some would argue he always picks up teams with the best squad in each league he goes to, and that's a hard accusation to defend.

Renegade

Pep can’t last much longer surely, he looks like he couldn’t care less
Sabatical then Juve?

In honestly I reckon he’ll stay. He’ll need/want another 250m or so To spend.

off topic but whats with the casual matchday attire his been rocking the past couple years?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apparently, so is Neymar and Mbappe. Piss poor the other day.

Sterling, whether you like it or not, has consistently been one of City's best players over the last few seasons.
Yeah, I think people expect platers to be perfect every game. He does miss a lot of chances but he's constantly getting himself into those positions and is dangerous running at people.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sterling is one of the most overrated attackers in the PL. When Pep leaves I can see him doing a Dele Alli and disappearing into mediocrity.
Yeah man he was well shit for Liverpool

Needham

He wasn't great this game.
He's been a great player for City and would walk into any other side in the league except Liverpool.
This forum doesn't half spout reactionary shite.
May have been great for City but he's not 'a great' in any broader sense and go have a lie down.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:
League is wide open this year!
Sure looks that way. Might just come down to whoever is able to put together 10game+ winning streak
Everton look like frontrunners so far. Will be interesting to see if they can sustain it though. I'll be happy if they won it, esp just after Liverpool winning it after 30+ years. Will be fun scenes in Merseyside.

Shiva87

That result shows how football on the pitch is very different than the pundits view of squads and strengths. City and Liverpool are not by far the best two teams this season so far. I won’t be surprised if they don’t end up first and second. There seem to be lots of teams in the mix now, who are capable of finishing above them. Specially after the VVD injury.

Sara125

Because there isn't any hope at all of anyone else matching them bar City?
Have you watched them this season? They have not been that great, especially their defence. Reckon they’ll easily get caught up to. I say ‘caught up’, but they’re not even at the top of the table!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you watched them this season? They have not been that great, especially their defence. Reckon they’ll easily get caught up to. I say ‘caught up’, but they’re not even at the top of the table!
They've not been great and still sit joint 3rd on points with a home banker today.

They've got Chelsea and Everton away done, beaten Arsenal at home, so they've had the toughest run of games, and are still just 3 points from top, which is Everton who will obviously drop off a cliff soon.

Renegade

Everton’s depth is fairly poor. I’m confident they’ll slip off eventually.

No Richarlison and Iwobi and Bernard are the options. No James then Siggurdson. That’s with all action attention seeking Pickford in goal doing his best to those goals away.

cyberman

They've not been great and still sit joint 3rd on points with a home banker today.

They've got Chelsea and Everton away done, beaten Arsenal at home, so they've had the toughest run of games, and are still just 3 points from top, which is Everton who will obviously drop off a cliff soon.
joint 3rd? you mean 4th right?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
joint 3rd? you mean 4th right?
See the "on points" comment?
Bearing in mind they've played a game fewer than the team they're level on points with, and have a home banker today, I don't think this is a sticking point somehow.

cyberman

See the "on points" comment?
Bearing in mind they've played a game fewer than the team they're level on points with, and have a home banker today, I don't think this is a sticking point somehow.
yeah, but theyre fourth. Thats how tables work!
Lets just wait and see, they're 3 points off the top but also 3 points off 14th. its stupidly early to be looking at table positions.

Leonzo1

The league really is wide open. I'll still have Liverpool as slight favourites but the title is there for the taking.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Everton’s depth is fairly poor. I’m confident they’ll slip off eventually.

No Richarlison and Iwobi and Bernard are the options. No James then Siggurdson. That’s with all action attention seeking Pickford in goal doing his best to those goals away.
Everton would have been better off with Pickford being suspended

Suv666

If Cavani comes in and start banging in goals, we might have an outside chance of challenging for the league. Seems to be wide open this year. The Chelsea game is massive for us.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Premier league is Everton's to lose honestly :nervous:

Seriously though, all top teams are crap so far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
yeah, but theyre fourth. Thats how tables work!
Lets just wait and see, they're 3 points off the top but also 3 points off 14th. its stupidly early to be looking at table positions.
It's not when someone is saying Liverpool have been rubbish this season.
I'm pointing out that despite them being "rubbish", they've seen off Chelsea and Arsenal, plus Everton away. And they're "level on points" with 3rd, 3 points off top.

So the writing off of Liverpool is really bizarre. They're the team to beat without any shadow of a doubt.

reddevilchennai

If Cavani comes in and start banging in goals, we might have an outside chance of challenging for the league. Seems to be wide open this year. The Chelsea game is massive for us.
I used to have those dreams when we signed ADM, Falcao, Herrera, Blind under LVG and when we signed Zlatan, Pogba and Mkihi under Mourinho. But now I don't have any such silly dreams. We are a long way from challenging for title. Getting Top 4 will be a good achievement given our investment in this summer window.

el3mel

Since when West Ham became a boggy team for big clubs? City used to beat it 5 and 6 every year.

This season is crazy.

Sara125

It's not when someone is saying Liverpool have been rubbish this season.
I'm pointing out that despite them being "rubbish", they've seen off Chelsea and Arsenal, plus Everton away. And they're "level on points" with 3rd, 3 points off top.

So the writing off of Liverpool is really bizarre. They're the team to beat without any shadow of a doubt.
I didn’t say they were rubbish I said they’ve not been that good, and I was largely speaking relative to their form of last season and the season before. Just like it’s early days to write them off it’s early days to say it’s theirs to lose.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Michail Antonio is one heck of a striker. In an era when top center forwards are hard to come by, its surprising that Antonio, Ings, Vardy and Jimenez are still at the clubs they are at.