Premier League Gameweek 6

Irrational.

Absolutely ridiculous. Liverpool get away with one again, yet they had the audacity to ask the FA to look into VAR last week.

kidbob

Liverpool players should all be banned until Sheffield United next get a penalty for handball.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The more i watch that pen incident the less it looks like a foul to me. Fabinho gets the ball first and takes it out of the attacker's possession...that's a good challenge as far as i know...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought the Fabinho one was a foul to be honest, looks like he goes through McBurnie's foot to get the ball.

Bulldog United

Worth bearing in mind that the PL softened their interpretation of that kind of incident after the Lindelof one. Lindelof wouldn't be a penalty now either.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english...ill-show-more-leniency-over-penalty-decisions
Interesting. I didn't know that, I'm not sure there's room for such interpretation in the rules as dictated to by FIFA who are now in charge of this stuff.

It's great that they are messing around with this stuff as the season goes on too. No consistency whatsoever from anyone.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Never a handball, the first one looked like a good tackle too but it’s hard to say for sure.
All I’ll say is, for me Var has made football worse, not better. Not only are we getting loads of incorrect decisions still we also get this annoying tit for tat argument every time something isn’t given. Which is understandable considering how ridiculously inconsistent it has been.

NoLogo

:confused: It's called showing passion.
Dude the rules are, if it's a Liverpool manager doing the arguing he is an obnoxious plonker and should shut up. Only if it's our manager or someone like Mou that the caf has a hard on for its funny or called showing passion. In similar manner if Ole is doing nothing it's not showing composure and a cool head but that he doesn't give a shite. I hope that helps in navigating the pathways of interpreting manager body language on the caf. :D

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We should change shape at HT. This has been awful.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How the feck can the PL change the rules midseason? That is ridiculous to me.
The rules didn't change, the way the refs were instructed to apply them did. It's not particularly unusual for that to happen during a season.

For example, there were seasons in the past where pulling at corners was clamped down on for a period of weeks but were then treated in a more lax manner at other times. It happens at world cups sometimes too, where something that is let slide in the group stages is clamped down on afterwards, or vice versa.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How the feck can the PL change the rules midseason? That is ridiculous to me.
I don't think it's the first time they've done that sort of thing either, they have started the season with strict rules on things before realising things go crazy and softening. It is a bit daft, means some games are played different rules to others.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The rules didn't change, the way the refs were instructed to apply them did. It's not particularly unusual for that to happen during a season.

For example, there were seasons in the past where pulling at corners was clamped down on for a period of weeks but were then treated in a more lax manner at other times. It happens at world cups sometimes too, where something that is let slide in the group stages is clamped down on afterwards, or vice versa.
Either way it doesn’t make the competition fair.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That is pretty much the rules changing in all but name to be honest.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Either way it doesn’t make the competition fair.
Agree, I think it's stupid. In this case it's a sign that they didn't think through the implications of the new rules in the first place.

Bulldog United

they did, and they also said the only penalty not to be given under the new interpretation would have been Eric Diers handball
So 100% should have been a second Sheffield United penalty then if that's the case.

Who the hell can keep up with this stuff. It's absolutely mental.

Withnail

Dude the rules are, if it's a Liverpool manager doing the arguing he is an obnoxious plonker and should shut up. Only if it's our manager or someone like Mou that the caf has a hard on for its funny or called showing passion. In similar manner if Ole is doing nothing it's not showing composure and a cool had but that he doesn't give a shite. I hope that helps in navigating the pathways of interpreting manager body language on the caf. :D
So true :lol: