Premier League Gameweek 6

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs looked poor again despite the win. Talk of a title challenge looks way off the mark.

el3mel

They're well in the top 4 race. I've changed my mind on them and would be surprised if they don't make the top 4 this season.

Does seem a bit of a bizarre way on here to push them as title favourites everytime they're winning a game. Guess they're seen as lesser evil or the Mourinho fans desperate for him to do it to prove Woodward wrong but they're still a fair way off that as good as their strikers are.
They currently are, but I think post December they'll be out of it and focusing more on Europe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They make it extremely difficult to play and they defend excellently. Most teams will find it a tough match there. So happy with the win.
Southampton won there in the only other home game they've played.

Actually think they might be a bit of a Bournemouth this year, hit the wall with their style and get relegated.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This season is very open. We need to get a grip and try and put a solid run together and see where we are at Christmas.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They're currently are, but I think post December they'll be out of it and focusing more on Europe.
They'll win a few of the home games I suspect. They did beat Arsenal, Leicester and Man. City at home in second half of last season so their home form was good in the end and will surely balance out this season before too long.

What will stop them challenging for the league though is imo Mourinho playing for too many draws at difficult away venues e.g. Man. City, Chelsea etc.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They'll win a few of the home games I suspect. They did beat Arsenal, Leicester and Man. City at home in second half of last season so their home form was good in the end and will surely balance out this season before too long.

What will stop them challenging for the league though is imo Mourinho playing for too many draws at difficult away venues e.g. Man. City, Chelsea etc.
Like we played for a draw against Utd you mean?

Josh 76

Spurs looked poor again despite the win. Talk of a title challenge looks way off the mark.
They should be top.
4 points dropped with the last kick of the there 2 games.
Once Bale gets fit and a couple of signings in January, you just never know.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Like we played for a draw against Utd you mean?
Was it only 1-2 when Martial red happened? Doubt you'd have got close to wracking up that score playing 11 men but of course very good win.

When he last won the league with Chelsea in 14/15 he was parking the bus at likes of Emirates and grabbing a 0-0 so don't see why he'd change a habit of a lifetime especially with the counter attack quality you have.

Difference is Chelsea barely dropped a point at home that season so already under pressure to start winning regularly at home as teams can't really win the league with less than 15 home wins (Liverpool already 3/3 at Anfield).

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Again?

Easily our worst game of the season, but I think we’ve been good in every other game so far bar that last 10 minutes against West Ham.

Edit: Oh and Everton which I’d actually forgotten already tbh.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They should be top.
4 points dropped with the last kick of the there 2 games.
Once Bale gets fit and a couple of signings in January, you just never know.
tbf the Dier hand ball was an absolutely scandalous decision, Spurs totally dominated that game, Newcastle were only in the game because of an absolute worldy of a performance from their GK.

But on the other hand Hammers was one of the worst bottle jobs I have ever seen, at three nil up just need to control the game. Even if you defend resolutely, it is the PL, a late goal can happen. But three late goals? Woeful defending.

And here is the problem for Spurs, their attack is probably good enough to win the league, but their defence is mid table.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Again?

Easily our worst game of the season, but I think we’ve been good in every other game so far bar that last 10 minutes against West Ham.

Well yeah Everton is the most important one so far I think. You'd be facing sides of that quality on a weekly basis from December and they were deserved winners in that game.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well yeah Everton is the most important one so far I think. You'd be facing sides of that quality on a weekly basis from December and they were deserved winners in that game.
Everton were very good that day and we were awful. I think we have been much better since then though and with a bit more luck probably could be topping the table tonight.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
For sure but I think some of that was being the first game of the season and having a lot of attention being paid to qualifying for Europe in a really hectic schedule period to start a season.

I think overall we’ve grown since that game and the subsequent games show it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Again?

Son and Kane have been excellent and scoring nearly every chance they've had but i'm not convinced beyond them two you've been that good. Southampton was a far more even game than the scoreline suggested.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I find it sad that supporters of other clubs post here, there must be a void Spurs fans specifically want to fill, the lack of trophies maybe :confused:.
Dry your eyes.

It’s an open forum for supporters of all clubs. No need to be anti-social about it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I thought Liverpool fans were the worst on here but they actually have reasons to be arrogant since they win stuff. Spurs fans take the biscuit though. Handful of wins and they start swinging their dicks before inevitably going back into hiding when it falls apart.

We are going through our worst period in generations over the last decade and we've still been more successful than you useless cnuts.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought Liverpool fans were the worst on here but they actually have reasons to be arrogant since they win stuff. Spurs fans take the biscuit though. Handful of wins and they start swinging their dicks before inevitably going back into hiding when it falls apart.

We are going through our worst period in generations over the last decade and we've still been more successful than you useless cnuts.
:lol: jesus Christ. Major humour bypass for a few of you in here. Get over yourself.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
:lol: jesus Christ. Major humour bypass for a few of you in here. Get over yourself.
Agreed. It's just a forum where we talk light-heartedly. Some people really need to get over their preciousness.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit touchy in this thread :lol: I don't think the Spurs fans are even that bad, probably helps there's only about 3 of them mind.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This thread is at least more entertaining than the recent PL games.

edcunited1878

Nope. Apparently we aren't allowed to be happy we won a game though or have a bit of banter with it.
Spurs are a solid outfit, especially with Jose being manager. Just like under Poch, they were a difficult team to play against because they pressed and defended well, but they didn't exactly become a free scoring team.

Under Jose, they have very committed players at the back and in the middle. They may not run around as much or press as long/hard, but when you transition and attack with Son and Kane, you're going to have a chance with those two match winners.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
They make it extremely difficult to play and they defend excellently. Most teams will find it a tough match there. So happy with the win.
Their fans are definitely content with that I believe, considering the resources available, so I don't think I would have enjoyed the sport at all if I had supported such team. :D
Hey they should be, limited resources, seems a good club and I can see how they would take great enjoyment beating clubs with "superstars".... but yeah grim viewing. Could easily have seen Bale getting a rattle or two if he had of made an appearance.