Premier League Gameweek 7

Bearded One

Even as a Chelsea fan I enjoy seeing Leicester do well. It'll be a shame for them that once again they'll surely lose several of their best players (and maybe even their manager) if they continue to do well.

The likes of Maddison, Chilwell, and the Turkish CB will probably all be snatched up by big clubs next summer.
Yes and even Ricardo. Some very decent players they've got. I like them.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's true. This Leicester team are great at punching above their weight and upsetting the odds.

Stick them all in the United shirt and raise the expectations and the vast majority would shrink. Football isn't as black and white as many on here like to make out.
They aren't punching above their weight though, their first XI is a quality set of players many of whom would walk into our best XI.

Robbie Boy

Well we're only 7 games in and we beat them the other day, but Liecester were certainly one of the teams to watch this season.
Never said we will or won’t finish below them. But the mere suggestion was met with hilarity from some posters over the summer.

The Firestarter

No wonder every neighbour's grass looks greener , when your grass is in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.

Jimmy_Bond

They aren't punching above their weight though, their first XI is a quality set of players many of whom would walk into our best XI.
Leicester City as a club are. The players are performing incredibly well at a club where there is very little pressure compared to the Big 6, and in particular United who are the biggest club in the country and going through a very bad time.

I guarantee many of Leicester's players level would drop under such circumstances. History is full of such cases, see x Southampton player signing for Liverpool (with one notable exception).

Leftback99

Never said we will or won’t finish below them. But the mere suggestion was met with hilarity from some posters over the summer.
I remember a thread on 'our top 6 rivals - Leicester' in the summer. It was removed after i'd commented how close to us they were :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Or it could be that they are well coached side that plays to the players strengths making him utilize their best attributes.

Deery

Dreary
Well taken goal that from Ndidi, Chillwell with the ball in to been very impressive today.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hope Newcastle go down.

They’re a big club but they’re just one of those pointless clubs that never do anything and always linger around relegation zone season after season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hope Newcastle go down.

They’re a big club but they’re just one of those pointless clubs that never do anything and always linger around relegation zone season after season.
All of the clubs in that region really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it is a guarantee Carroll scores next week and then goes 7 games without scoring
Inevitable.
I can see it now, we'll have scraped our one goal a game, and spend the last 40mins trying to defend it.

Then Carroll rises above Lindy in the 93rd min to gut us all, having been buoyed by the superb display in limiting Arsenal to 2 goals tomorrow.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How good is chilwell. Not paying 100% attention but whenever I look up he seems to be making something happen
Really rate the boy. Wish we have fullback who is comfortable joining attack.

DavidDeSchmikes

Inevitable.
I can see it now, we'll have scraped our one goal a game, and spend the last 40mins trying to defend it.

Then Carroll rises above Lindy in the 93rd min to gut us all, having been buoyed by the superb display in limiting Arsenal to 2 goals tomorrow.
and Almiron will get his first ever assist for Newcastle

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Leicester might finish above us and are definitely better run than United right now, but their players won't 'walk' into this United side. In fact, barring Chilwell and Maddison, I can't think of any who would improve us straightaway.

Every side in the PL comes with an extra gallon of gas in the tank when they have to come play against United. Also, every player in the red shirt is subject to far more scrutiny than elsewhere. The stakes are higher, your mistakes have greater impact, and your nerves will be tested.

Their Turkish CB can find it easy to move on from his errors against us because his ex-manager isn't a CL winner who comes on TV to berate him. Ayoze Perez can get away with a barren spell of no goals without scrutiny but Jesse Lingard cannot. Pogba has the same number of assists as Maddison but the forner's season is identified by a missed penalty while the latter's by his solo wonder goal.

If Leicester's starting XI were playing for United, I don't think they'd be third after 7 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember a thread on 'our top 6 rivals - Leicester' in the summer. It was removed after i'd commented how close to us they were :lol:
Didn't we beat them the other game, even with our supposedly sh!thouse team missing players?

DavidDeSchmikes

Newcastle fan on 606 wanting Bruce to resign. He mentions that Joelington (40m striker) is been played on the wing.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Leicester might finish above us and are definitely better run than United right now, but their players won't 'walk' into this United side. In fact, barring Chilwell and Maddison, I can't think of any who would improve us straightaway.

Every side in the PL comes with an extra gallon of gas in the tank when they have to come play against United. Also, every player in the red shirt is subject to far more scrutiny than elsewhere. The stakes are higher, your mistakes have greater impact, and your nerves will be tested.

Their Turkish CB can find it easy to move on from his errors against us because his ex-manager isn't a CL winner who comes on TV to berate him. Ayoze Perez can get away with a barren spell of no goals without scrutiny but Jesse Lingard cannot. Pogba has the same number of assists as Maddison but the forner's season is identified by a missed penalty while the latter's by his solo wonder goal.

If Leicester's starting XI were playing for United, I don't think they'd be third after 7 games.
Good post about the relative pressures, take your point, but believe Vardy and Tielemans would also walk into our team

pascell

No one is talking about pressure. We had CR7 at the age of 19 who was very frustrating in his initial years. We didnt expect him to win us matches during that time. We need the right combination of age always else you are screwed the moment you have a bad match.
You stated that Leicester give their players like Maddison etc a platform to perform with less pressure and I gave my opinion why that's the case.

It's true. This Leicester team are great at punching above their weight and upsetting the odds.

Stick them all in the United shirt and raise the expectations and the vast majority would shrink. Football isn't as black and white as many on here like to make out.
They are, that's why when they lose a game, nothing much is said but if it was United, we'd be hammered into the ground for it and not hear the last of it because of the expectation. People somehow still see us as the same United that won multiple titles, that's not the case but being United player comes with a raised expectation and responsibility, as we're seeing some of our players cannot deal with it.

Absolutely, I agree!

Leftback99

Didn't we beat them the other game, even with our supposedly sh!thouse team missing players?
We did, and then followed it up by losing to West Ham. It doesn't really prove anything.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, the attitudes towards Leicester on here these days.

I guess they are legitimate rivals now...
They could be ours next week, if they pull of beating us at Anfield for the first time in god knows when they're 4 points behind us, and we've got Spurs, United after that. They have burnley (h) Soton (a)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We did, and then followed it up by losing to West Ham. It doesn't really prove anything.
Head to heads are surely the only real way of proving who is better though? Especially only 2months into a season?

If it was March and Leicester were 20 points clear, it'd be a different situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They could be ours next week, if they pull of beating us at Anfield for the first time in god knows when they're 4 points behind us, and we've got Spurs, United after that. They have burnley (h) Soton (a)
You must be the most downer Liverpool fan in history! Could be your rivals?! You haven't even dropped 1 point yet!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
:lol: I got so much abuse when I went to a West Ham forum years ago.
I used to be a member of a WHU forum, they were all pretty welcoming tbh, think I was there before I joined here. Can't remember the admins name, started with an S and I think she died or something, then it all went to shit and isn't there anymore.

Nowt to be scared about!