Premier League Gameweek 8

kidbob

Look at Norwich then. 9 players out!

We need to play for the shirt
Norwich ain't expected to win every game.

It's the equivalent of Liverpool missing:

Matip
Gomez
TAA
Robertson
Mane
Firmino
Ox

Obviously their players are better than ours but that would be an equivalent list in terms of importance to the team.

kidbob

Laporte, KDB, Mendy, Stones, Sane. You've got more out but Lingard and Shaw don't count cause they're shite.
They don't count to City trying to win every trophy but they count to a squad trying to make top 4. Your team is better than ours so you wouldn't miss Shaw but he's the difference between having to play Young left back. I'm sure you get the point. Also City have a terrible injury list too, not denying that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Liverpool WILL lose games, they will hit a dodgy spell and City if they can pick up wins during this; whilst keeping the gap small ish... theyll be fine

I still think city will win it, and thought the same all last year too
Plus they have to go to Japan/godknowswhere for the WCC. They will face an insane level of fixture congestion.

You would literally have to be a drama-queen, ignorant of past history, or something else, to think the title is over, now.

mav_9me

I can't believe Gundogan played the whole game. He was so useless.

SharpshooterTom

Scouse double potentially with Rangers looking like they're going to win the league in Scotland, prepare for a Gerrard wankfest although Walter Smith and Graeme Souness proved success in Scotland is hardly indicative of success elsewhere.

prateik

All 3 results have gone the way I least wanted..

What a shit day so far..

padr81

Supports
Man City
They don't count to City trying to win every trophy but they count to a squad trying to make top 4. Your team is better than ours so you wouldn't miss Shaw but he's the difference between having to play Young left back. I'm sure you get the point. Also City have a terrible injury list too, not denying that.
I was joking buddy.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Plus they have to go to Japan/godknowswhere for the WCC. They will face an insane level of fixture congestion.

You would literally have to be a drama-queen, ignorant of past history, or something else, to think the title is over, now.
It’s in Qatar this year. We have to reschedule the West Ham game currently but no other games.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Scouse double potentially with Rangers looking like they're going to win the league in Scotland, prepare for a Gerrard wankfest although Walter Smith and Graeme Souness proved success in Scotland is hardly indicative of success elsewhere.
Who cares about Scotland? Seriously, it’s like keeping an eye on the Latvian league;)

Inigo Montoya

Misinterpreted on the caf, shock horror.

A win against Newcastle added to a win against Arsenal would have been huge.

I’m not referring to the game yet to played as a result you donut.
Misinterprets my post and calls me a donut.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol::lol: Hard to cope with football humour these days as we are the deserved butt of most of it!!
Fair enough. I still think you'll be in or around top 4 with a full squad.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not carried away yet but I said to myself before the season I'd rather not be top at xmas this time going off our history and where it ends up. But what I didn't expect what City to lose 2 in 8 already, they hadn't lost in their first 15 last season. We'll lose more than 1 game this season for sure, but to give us a bit of leeway we have to win one of the City games at least which we failed to do last season it's as simple as that.
By the time we play them in November we’ll have played four big six games vs City’s one (Spurs). That encourages me.

Edit: there’s still 90 points to play for though.

kidbob

Fair enough. I still think you'll be in or around top 4 with a full squad.
Hard to tell because injuries aren't the only problem, the lads look poorly coached. On paper the quality is there but it's been a long time since it has been like that on the pitch. Hate saying it because of what he did as a player but currently Ole and the staff look out of their depth massively.

djembatheking

When do Liverpool supporters start getting banned . It should be one a week , have a poll and whoever is top at 8pm on a Sunday gets the ban hammer .

Inigo Montoya

Bored.

Feel free to mute me, apparently I think we’ve lost already; attempt to clarify & a donut quotes me again.

You’re under no obligation to interact, god bless.
What are you on mate?:lol:

I don’t believe in God btw. So say a quiet prayer and hope we win. There’s a good boy

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Hypothetically when tying a noose how many knots should you do? Asking for a friend.

kidbob

By the time we play them in November we’ll have played four big six games vs City’s one (Spurs). That encourages me.
Come out the other side of those 4 games well and you'll be in a great position. Conceivably you could get away with one draw and a loss against City and still be in a commanding position. As has been said a lot will come down to how you deal with the congestion and avoiding injury to big players.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hard to tell because injuries aren't the only problem, the lads look poorly coached. On paper the quality is there but it's been a long time since it has been like that on the pitch. Hate saying it because of what he did as a player but currently Ole and the staff look out of their depth massively.
Thats true but I think the individuals will carry you. For all the flak Pogba gets, he's worth 20 goals a season in goals and assists, plus Martial another 15 or so. Given the struggles of the rest, you all seem on an even par. Squad you have at the minute though is worse than Leicester and West Ham. Chelsea look the only ones capable of putting a decent run together outside ourselves and Liverpool.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If Utd lost this 5-0, (not happening but hypothitcally) Nev would still back Ole and say he needs 4 more windows.

He seems scared to go against the grain with managers at utd
Except for LVG....

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I'd like to believe so but I don't believe they'll be another collapse by Liverpool (which their form January and February was no matter how much it gets spun otherwise.

They now have the winning feeling so will handle the pressure better, also they seem to be putting a lot of physical and mental energy into getting this title (similar to what we did in 14/15) which this time will probably be enough.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
It’s in Qatar this year. We have to reschedule the West Ham game currently but no other games.
The problems will start if we beat Arsenal in the league cup.

The league cup quarter final is due to be played the week we go to Qatar. Hopefully Arsenal knock us out and an early exit from the FA cup would put us in the same situation as last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just woke up to the scores, what the bloody hell City!

And Arsenal are third now, 1 point behind!
What a joke