Premier League Gameweek 8

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What a lucky first touch. Completely miscontrolled it.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I view him as a Pedro figure. Good player who benefitted greatly from playing in the best attacking system in the League/World for a couple of seasons. Still a good player mind.
That's an excellent comparison.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm going to have to get my money back for this free, illegal stream. I'm about 10 minutes behind all the action.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Honestly the way some were talking about Rodri when he signed for City you'd think he was the reincarnated Lothar Matthaus, he's just not that good.
A question for the City fans - how does Rodri go when he plays with Fernandinho rather than replacing him? Is he a good player that's just being asked to do more than what he's capable of in terms of anchoring the midfield, or is he just not good enough in any way?

Superunknown

The trouble is that Klopp hasn't got enough attackers on the field. He really should be playing 5 up top with Origi there.

lysglimt

Scout
That was Liverpools 34th goal against - in their last 20 matches in the league.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Great goal, good for us too. Shite start to the season aside, if things stay like this we’re just 2 points behind City, and 4 behind Liverpool if we win our game in hand.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The pros and cons of Liverpool's 4-2-4 on display in this game. Great attacking play early on but as Neville is saying Wijnaldum leaves De Bruyne unmarked as he comes wider to cover Mane's press.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'd wager it's more mental burnout from his methods. Pep admitted himself that's why he left Barca after four years. His methods are so intense that the players get exhausted.

It shouldn't even be a knock on him either, people seem so obsessed with long term managers that there's this stigma around shorter term ones.
Generally the players that he started with are still his best players though, and it's the newer players that he's signed that are struggling. That wouldn't really be the case if it's down to players getting exhausted (mentally or physically).

el3mel

Great goal, good for us too. Shite start to the season aside, if things stay like this we’re just 2 points behind City, and 4 behind Liverpool if we win our game in hand.
Do we even know when this "game in hand" will be played ? Because people seem to keep mentioning it a lot.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm already in full self-pity mode about what could have been. 'If we'd just beaten Chelsea and drawn with Arsenal...'. Infuriating.