Premier League Gameweek 8

Pep's Suit

Sterling, De Bruyne, Walker been absolute shite. City had enough chances to score 3-4 so only have themselves to blame but in the end both teams will be happy with one point, I think.

Zoo

Pep didn’t have the balls to go for it. Foden left on the bench for the whole game.

Idxomer

The narrative is this game always delivers, I feel cheated.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Better second half from us. Could have squeeked it. Man this Liverpool team really love grass, anyone gets withing a metre of them, they're hugging it. Ref gave them everything, everytime they hit the deck and let out a shout. We have huge problems going forward but I'm confident if we get through Spurs unscathed we'll win the league.

Superunknown

Disappointed in this game. First half was good, everything set up nicely. Second half was so boring. I had more fun closing the pop-ups on my river.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Good enough result in the end. Getting players back fit is going to be the theme of the season. Whoever can keep their best remaining available players fit longest will win the league.

thepolice123

Better second half from us. Could have squeeked it. Man this Liverpool team really love grass, anyone gets withing a metre of them, they're hugging it. Ref gave them everything, everytime they hit the deck and let out a shout. We have huge problems going forward but I'm confident if we get through Spurs unscathed we'll win the league.
:lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Do players still think those way over the top reactions to having the ref call a foul on you will change the refs mind? You clearly fouled a player, the ref calls a foul and you put in a high school level performance of shock and dismay over the idea that the ref could possibly call it a foul. It's like watching 3 year olds lying to their parents thinking they're in any way clever about it.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Awful game of football. Felt like a pre-season match where neither team wanted to exert themselves too hard.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I’ll take that, done better than we have done there over the last few seasons. I’m just glad De Bruyne missed that pen at 1-1 else I could have seen us drifting to a 2-1 defeat. Didn’t do enough either ball second half.

Hoof the ball

Do players still think those way over the top reactions to having the ref call a foul on you will change the refs mind? You clearly fouled a player, the ref calls a foul and you put in a high school level performance of shock and dismay over the idea that the ref could possibly call it a foul. It's like watching 3 year olds lying to their parents thinking they're in any way clever about it.
Has there ever been any single instance where a Daniel-Day Lewis dramatic ever reversed a referees decision on the spot? :lol:

cyberman

We are 2 points behind City and 4 behind Liverpool if we win our game in hand.
This is shaping up to be a meh season. Too many top players will miss too many games this year

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm sure Gundogan had a huge bet on City not winning this game.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are 6pts off 4th with a game in hand. That's a result given our awful start.

Westbrom H, Southampton A Westham A our next 3 games. Got to get 9pts I feel after the start we've had. Danny Ings likely to miss our game vs Saints too which is no bad thing.

If we can have 6 wins and a draw after 10 games id be quietly satisfied with that.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
City is about to go all out for Sancho and another striker this winter. They’re stinking up the place and they’re not going to get very far in europe with this forward line.

Tony247

So, even if we win our next game there is no guarantee we will be out of the bottom half. Outrageous league position after 7 games. Don't know about you guys, but I don't remember we fail this low ever. Is this our worst start in last 20 years?

padr81

Supports
Man City
They didn't need a win as much as city did. Much better result for them.
We're 8 games into the season, no one needed to win. If we win our game in hand we'll be a massive 2 points behind them with 28 games to go.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We are 2 points behind City and 4 behind Liverpool if we win our game in hand.
This is shaping up to be a meh season. Too many top players will miss too many games this year
Pretty much, a race of attrition and squad depth. City look far more defensive this season whether it’s intentional or not I have no idea.