Premier League Gameweek 9

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Er? Are they doing that much better than us? They’re just not spoken about anywhere near as much as us.
They could go top, so yes they are doing better than us. We are being spoken about because we never know if we are going to turn up or not.

acnumber9

Werner doesn’t look a top player to me. His finishing is dreadful.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We're top of the league and you are 14th so kinda.
United have played a game less if they win they’d be 2 points behind? So kinda not? We’ve been beating proper teams in Europe too.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is what spending £250 million+ in the summer can get you.
Chelsea were good last season, too. Going forward was never a problem for them, it was their defence. Ironically, with Thiago being a free transfer, they haven't spent anything on their defence.

They're looking good but wouldnt say they've improved dramatically.

Guess we'll see at the end of the season regards how much they've improved.

Edit: Forgot Chilwell.

marktan

Not surprising Chelsea are doing well after buying up the whole of Bundesliga.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You'd need the patience of a saint to be ASM's manager. Open shot at goal from the centre of the area? No, I don't think I will. I'm going to overhit a fancy backheel to no one instead.

DomesticTadpole

United have played a game less if they win they’d be 2 points behind? So kinda not? We’ve been beating proper teams in Europe too.
That game in hand will only matter if we win it. We could go above City if they lose and we win. That six goals against Spurs really messed up our GD. It always feels like we go level with teams, but GD means we don't go above them.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea were good last season, too. Going forward was never a problem for them, it was their defence. Ironically, with Thiago being a free transfer, they haven't spent anything on their defence.

They're looking good but wouldnt say they've improved dramatically.

Guess we'll see at the end of the season regards how much they've improved.
To be fair, Chilwell wasn't cheap!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Newcastle are diabolical. They are worse than Fulham to watch, its like they actually can't be bothered to play.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That game in hand will only matter if we win it. We could go above City if they lose and we win. That six goals against Spurs really messed up our GD. It always feels like we go level with teams, but GD means we don't go above them.
Well obviously but that’s not my point. It’s November. “This is what spending £250m gets you” 25 minutes into a match in November is what I was questioning. Minor twist and turns in a single day and we could be one win from going ahead of them. I’m basically pointing out how biased the Caf is towards our rivals which is mental. I’d rather us be blindly delusional at least that would be a little fun.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
While this is certainly correct, do any of you have complete faith in that happening right now? Your quite inconsistent.
We are a bit shit yeah. But every team is almost as inconsistent as we are.

DomesticTadpole

Well obviously but that’s not my point. It’s November. “This is what spending £250m gets you” 25 minutes into a match in November is what I was questioning. Minor twist and turns in a single day and we could be one win from going ahead of them. I’m basically pointing out how biased the Caf is towards our rivals which is mental. I’d rather us be blindly delusional at least that would be a little fun.
If we go above City it will be 'Just wait until they get Messi'.

SkybrokenPendulum

Rudiger is a waste at the defence. Proper useless. Where is Silva, didnt keep with all the news during International break. I mean who would when Bosnia is proper shite

cyberman

While this is certainly correct, do any of you have complete faith in that happening right now? Your quite inconsistent.
I do. Its against West Brom and Burnely. Our points to game ratio is negligible is my point. Hardly worth lauding a 250m spend just yet

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Is Joe Cole hoping for a part in Peaky Blinders? what the hell is he wearing?

Tony247

With all the money spent on attacking talent, Chelsea is surprisingly boring to watch!

binary bot
This is the type of game Jonjo Shelvey scores a deflected long range 95th minute equaliser

Terminator

Werner doing his best to keep the game alive with his terrible finishing. Newcastle are so bad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Werner doing his best to keep the game alive with his terrible finishing. Newcastle are so bad.
I was chuckling at him messing up for fantasy footy reasons.

Then realised it was my man Ziyech who would have had a tap in. Doh!

Frank White

Jesus definitely not Werners day so far. If Rashford did that he'd be getting called Rashbeck all week. So poor from him.

RashyForPM

Werner seems to always score whenever I don’t watch him, like against Sheffield, Spurs and Rennes, but he is so shite when I do, e.g. against us and Newcastle. Genuinely no better than someone like Che Adams whenever I am able to watch him.