Premier League Gameweek 9

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Already?

Before we bought Rom, he was a proven goalscorer. At a number of different teams, too.

Whilst DCL has started fantastically, he'd have to do it a bit longer before being rated at 70+ million in my opinion.
I don’t think he’s necessarily worth that, although Everton would surely demand it. Lukaku was 3 years ago, and the market has gone even more nuts since then.
We were linked to him for £50m last summer. He will cost a fair bit more than that now.
80m baseline I reckon.

Deery

Dreary
James Rodriguez skill and quality just shining through in this game a cut above

PoTMS

Can we have one fecking Premier League season where there's no Fulham, West Brom or Norwich stinking up the league? And guess who is currently sitting top of the Championship? Pointless clubs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can we have one fecking Premier League season where there's no Fulham, West Brom or Norwich stinking up the league? And guess who is top of the Championship this season? Pointless clubs.
Agreed! I hope I don't see Norwich in the league for a few seasons. They offer zero. Fulham the same.

Wayne's World

We should be looking at DCL next summer. He looks a proper centre-forward and something we don't have.

He's the best player in the air I've seen this season, absolute monster when you put the delivery into him

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fulham are a poor team how on earth do they keep on getting promoted out the championship?.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why are Fulham playing such an open game?
They are making Everton look good. Get 10 men behind the ball like they will against us.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can we have one fecking Premier League season where there's no Fulham, West Brom or Norwich stinking up the league? And guess who is currently sitting top of the Championship? Pointless clubs.
Bit harsh. Granted they may be the whipping boys (watch them turn into prime Barca against us), they obviously deserved to come up from the championship, where they've been given the opportunity to test themselves against the 'best'.

PoTMS

Bit harsh. Granted they may be the whipping boys (watch them turn into prime Barca against us), they obviously deserved to come up from the championship, where they've been given the opportunity to test themselves against the 'best'.
They didn't. Brentford were a much better team last season but bottled the last few games of the Championship to fall out of the promotion places and then bottled the playoff final. West Brom, Brentford and Leeds were all better than them.

Walters_19_MuFc

They didn't. Brentford were a much better team last season but bottled the last few games of the Championship and then the playoff final. West Brom, Brentford and Leeds were all better than them.

Exactly! Fulham didn't bottle it, beat Brentford in the playoff, and deserved to come up.

Fact is, the premier league is a different ball game. Very few promoted teams seem comfortable in their first season.

You'd have most been saying the same thing about Brentford if they were in the prem instead of Fulham.

One thing I will say is, at least Fulham are trying to play football. Obviously not working out for them, but from a spectator's point of view, I'd prefer to see a team playing like this than playing with 11 men behind the ball.

PoTMS

Exactly! Fulham didn't bottle it, beat Brentford in the playoff, and deserved to come up.

Fact is, the premier league is a different ball game. Very few promoted teams seem comfortable in their first season.

You'd have most been saying the same thing about Brentford if they were in the prem instead of Fulham.

One thing I will say is, at least Fulham are trying to play football. Obviously not working out for them, but from a spectator's point of view, I'd prefer to see a team playing like this than playing with 11 men behind the ball.
I think Brentford would have done a Leeds and brought some entertainment value to the league despite hovering around the relegation spaces.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We may have bet them but Everton are a much better team than us.
There not better it's because Fulham are utter crap. You should of seen them against Southampton a couple of weeks ago even before the sending off they were terrible.

Needham

Seconded. Get Forest, Sheff Wed and the like up. Let's have some real fecking meat on the table, not these tepid yoyo libs.

Walters_19_MuFc

Digne as a wing-back is a problem. Superb as a full back, too, of course, but the wing-back role gives him that extra attacking freedom. His quality in the final third, along with Iwobi's, has been fantastic.

PoTMS

Seconded. Get Forest, Sheff Wed and the like up. Let's have some real fecking meat on the table, not these tepid yoyo libs.
Unfortunately both are sitting at the wrong end of the table. I'd take Blackburn back too, although we struggled a lot at Ewood Park and Blackburn would probably bring back Pedersen out of retirement to play against us.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Predictions for the 2pm kick off? Feeling slightly optimistic with our midfield looking somewhat normal again

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Far too relaxed this half. Need another goal to secure the win.

PoTMS

Rangers stomping the Scottish Premiership. Battering third placed Aberdeen after winning easily away at second place Celtic. Gerrard has proved to be a handy manager.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Digne as a wing-back is a problem. Superb as a full back, too, of course, but the wing-back role gives him that extra attacking freedom. His quality in the final third, along with Iwobi's, has been fantastic.
How he's transformed himself at Everton is nothing short of amazing. It's crazy France is gifted with so many good LBs and not enough RBs these days