Premier League Gameweek 9

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think some United fans genuinely think if you gave Ole a few more years, he'd be able to emulate Klopp - which is obviously complete bollocks.
A lot of the Ole in crowd are fans who watch the games in the pub barely paying attention. They don’t know anything about the tactical aspect of the game.

United Hobbit

The 2 only times I've enjoyed watching Liverpool in the last few years were the Villa game and the CL final where Karius kept throwing the ball in the net...

I can't remember as it feels like ages ago but was the commentary ever this gushing over our 99 treble winners or our 08 team?

As an aside i still put our TREBLE winners above this Liverpool team.

I don't have faith Ole can reach Klopp levels. I'd even accept a tier just below as I don't think there are many out there like him but I don't see him reaching that either.

Its sickening seeing how coached they look while we slowly move about the pitch not looking like we have a plan half the time.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I can't remember as it feels like ages ago but was the commentary ever this gushing over our 99 treble winners or our 08 team?
Yes.

The CL commentator on ITV in particular. “Here’s Rooooonneeeyyyy!” “Magical Manchester United!”

The commentators have always sucked off the top team. The Pep love was horrible too. You just don’t notice it as much when it’s your own club, but yes, sky sucked us off in 2008.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The 2 only times I've enjoyed watching Liverpool in the last few years were the Villa game and the CL final where Karius kept throwing the ball in the net...

As an aside i still put our TREBLE winners above this Liverpool team.
It was a treble so far supersedes anything they’ve done.

Plus we beat an immense Arsenal side to the title and Cup

binary bot
I'm convinced it doesn't matter which 11 players Liverpool put out there. If Lindelof went in that back four he'd look like a Ballon D'Or quality defender.
Great managers always make teams better than the sum of its parts. Don't need 11 world class players to play a certain way.

Average players become much better when they know exactly what they're doing

Hulksmash

Klopp needs to go from Liverpool. Every Player turns into world beater when he trains them, just look at Dortmund players when they went away from Klopp.

Liverpool has hit the biggest Jackpot since 30 years , they had incredible luck of timing

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hamstring for Keita. This season is stupid for injuries. Really should have tweaked the schedule or reduced games or something.

RashyForPM

Have you looked at Liverpool's team?

They still have most of the best players on the pitch. A 40m fill in for Salah a 50m Keita comes in etc.
Even Milner instead of TAA actually improves their defensive strength!
And Matip plays as often as Gomez does if not more.
No, no and no. This is nigh on nonsense. Firstly, I don’t care how much Jota and Keita cost. Matic and Fred cost the same respectively. Keita was a good Bundesliga player so no argument, but Jota was your run of the mill 10 league goals per season PL inside forward. Klopp has genuinely made him world class. Matip and Gomez: two players who if they played for United would basically be Lindelof’s level. Then you look at players like Jones and Wijnaldum, an academy graduate and relegation fodder in 2016 respectively, who are dictating the game and completely rendering Tielemans, Mendy and Maddison pointless. Don’t even attempt to tell me they’d be able to do this under Ole.

About Milner and TAA, I’m not even gonna argue with that :lol: That is bollocks. Milner is nowhere near TAA as an RB. He’s not even a right back. If you asked Klopp who he’d rather have there, he would laugh at you.

Mike Smalling

Hamstring for Keita. This season is stupid for injuries. Really should have tweaked the schedule or reduced games or something.
Yeah, most predictable thing ever. Should have cancelled Nations League, international friendlies and arguably the Carling Cup.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

It’s happening to pool a lot more than everyone else. The physical demands Klopp puts on his players every game are starting to catch up with them. You can’t press so relentlessly every game for 4 years straight without it eventually taking its toll. Covid or not this was going to happen eventually.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's not wrong. Hindsight is great but I don't remember anyone on here suggesting we should have signed him in the summer
I actually think Richarlison would be a good fit for current Man. United but he'd cost double what Jota did.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, most predictable thing ever. Should have cancelled Nations League, international friendlies and arguably the Carling Cup.
Absolutely or made a ruling on u23's in Carling Cup or something. I'd nearly go so far as to say something like Scotland had/has where everyone plays everyone, so 19 games. Then the league splits into 2 x 10 and they play 9 more games. So 28 instead of 38. Shits gonna be like the Walking Dead come March.

Deery

Dreary
Really Leicester are offering nothing in this match they’re 2-0 down let’s get started Leicester

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What is Evans doing? Awful clearance to set up a Liverpool attack then nearly another OG. Off the post.

Deery

Dreary
He's not wrong. Hindsight is great but I don't remember anyone on here suggesting we should have signed him in the summer
Never thought he’d leave Wolves, but if he was on the market, he was banging in hat tricks for them no brainer

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It’s happening to pool a lot more than everyone else. The physical demands Klopp puts on his players every game are starting to catch up with them. You can’t press so relentlessly every game for 4 years straight without it eventually taking its toll. Covid or not this was going to happen eventually.
They don't press anywhere near as much as they used to. Also im not sure how many of their current injuries were fatigue related. Salah has covid, Van Dijk was Pickforded, Thiago was also butchered and Alison earlier in the season was shoulder related. Every team is gettin its share of muscle strains

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
A lot of the Ole in crowd are fans who watch the games in the pub barely paying attention. They don’t know anything about the tactical aspect of the game.
A lot of the Ole out crowd think the next manager this board chooses will be as good as Klopp. And our recruitment will suddenly be as good as Liverpool's (which is not all down to Klopp).