Premier League Gameweek 9

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Liverpool’s home form will see them very near the top again this year. Someone needs to do them there to rattle them. I reckon we are the only team capable at the moment.
Spurs at Anfield in a few weeks’ time should be interesting if both teams continue on their respective runs of form.

pascell

Robertson showing why he’s currently the best left back in Europe. How did the lucky feckers stumble across him for £8 million from Hull.
Well, they didn't stumble across him, they'll have heavily scouted him and they've coached him into the player he is. We'd see the same effect if we had the right standard of coaching with our players.

Guy Incognito

Liverpool are definitely winning the league again by the way.
Think that was always the case. City were the only credible challengers.

Really disappointed with Leicester approach here.
Press got carried away with their counterattacking approach against a declining City side.

Even against Arsenal they were clueless until Vardy came on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Knowing Pep he'd put him up front.
I think a lot of people genuinely believed the league is "open" this year for some inexplicable reason.

City were the team to compete with this mob but you've given yourselves a large handicap already. You had to beat them last week.

Instead we’re getting teams hit the woodwork 5 times against us and Liverpool are getting last minute winners disallowed for offside when they’re on.

You sound like RAWK used to.
I never said we didn't get lucky, but I'd love a few own goals with our goalscoring woes :D

PoTMS

With our two Anfield wins in about a decade?
Hey, if Ole's Reds have taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected. Beat PSG comfortably away but also comfortably lose to Istanbul Basaksehir. Lose to Palace at home, beat Liverpool at Anfield.

RashyForPM

Klopps system is firing on all cylinders. Even if you take few key players out, they are still going well.

Even average players look class under Klopp.
This is why the manager is so important. Give today’s Liverpool team to Ole, Arteta or Lampard and they’d be losing. Instead, because of Klopp, this looks like an imminent hammering.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hey, if Ole's Reds have taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected. Beat PSG away but lose to Istanbul Basaksehir. Lose to Palace at home, beat Liverpool at Anfield.
We have to hope we can scrape 4th somehow.
And that Chelsea or Tottenham can take the title. (stop laughing at the back)

At least in football you can always enjoy other team's failures - which is a lot of teams this year.

PoTMS

This is why the manager is so important. Give today’s Liverpool team to Ole, Arteta or Lampard and they’d be losing. Instead, because of Klopp, this looks like an imminent hammering.
I think some United fans genuinely think if you gave Ole a few more years, he'd be able to emulate Klopp - which is obviously complete bollocks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feck Leicester

Rodgers doing his old side a favour
He's a funny one.
You look at their side and think it's bang average with just a star striker clinging onto his peak.

So is he a brilliant manager for producing that?

Once they hit a slide they seem to stay on it though. So I dare say today will trigger one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you looked at Liverpool's team?

They still have most of the best players on the pitch. A 40m fill in for Salah a 50m Keita comes in etc.
Even Milner instead of TAA actually improves their defensive strength!
And Matip plays as often as Gomez does if not more.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most teams are beat before matches start in Anfield due to lack of belief.
Well OT was like that for many years under Fergie. Remember that title winning season when you won about 4 away games? Won 18/19 at Old Trafford.

Guy Incognito

I think a lot of people genuinely believed the league is "open" this year for some inexplicable reason.

City were the team to compete with this mob but you've given yourselves a large handicap already. You had to beat them last week.
I think the challenge has come a season too early for a team like Spurs.

Think Mourinho would love to be the one to grind out a win at Anfield.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sigh.

This must have been what it was like for rivals watching us in the latter years of SAF, wondering how we can win week in week out with supposedly week match day squads. I mean look at Pools bench. And that's winning the league.

Manager is the most important member of any squad.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Brendan is now destroying his players and they will come back firing all cylynders. Just you watch Leicester winning. Vardy hat trick, Evans and Maddison. Yep.

What is good to watch on Netflix these days?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think the challenge has come a season too early for a team like Spurs.

Think Mourinho would love to be the one to grind out a win at Anfield.
It's just history repeating with Mourinho as always.
Second season he maximises what his team does - that's where we are with Spurs.
Next season they'll drop off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brendan is now destroying his players and they will come back firing all cylynders. Just you watch Leicester winning. Vardy hat trick, Evans and Maddison. Yep.

What is good to watch on Netflix these days?
Just sorting on thrillers myself mate.
Pointless watching the second half.

Steve Bruce

20-6 v 20-3=
...14 v 17=
We are better!!!
I do spend time on Rawk you know
:lol::lol::lol:

But on a more serious note. The past is the past, I hate the current situation of being so far behind.

Even if we had 10 European cups and 40 Premier leagues, it doesn't help in any way today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He’s done it before
He'll park the bus and be happy with a point (which is no crime given Spurs will remain top tonight). You never know with form Son and Kane are in but I'd expect Liverpool to score twice v them, Salah will be back when that game happens.

edcunited1878

Leicester have been extremely poor and they are too flat across midfield and their backline. Vardy has no support against 3 players. Maddison and Tielmens have had horrific first halves.

This Liverpool team isn't exactly a poor team that they've trotted out. Yes, their injuries are big but they haven't had to battle injuries to a number of first team players at the same time for at least 2 full seasons now.

Milner is a very good pro and a good player. Matip isn't fast, but he's a good defender and he's not Lovren. Fabinho is a very good player and isn't foreign to playing CB. Robertson is their best crosser of the ball yet Marc Albrighton doesn't care and easily loses a duel and gives all the time in the world to Robertson to cross into acres of space after Fuchs is easily beaten with a near post run, but great finish by Jota. Liverpool only plugged in one young player in Jones who is doing a job for the team.

spiriticon

I'm convinced it doesn't matter which 11 players Liverpool put out there. If Lindelof went in that back four he'd look like a Ballon D'Or quality defender.

Godfather

I think some United fans genuinely think if you gave Ole a few more years, he'd be able to emulate Klopp - which is obviously complete bollocks.
This. Impressively well coached team this Pool side. Depressing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That Matip one was a stonewall peno on rewatching. Hands were by his side and he swung it out.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Alisson is by far the most important player in their team. Not because VVD is worse as a player, it's just the drop off between a genuine world class goalkeeper who is comfortable with the ball and a really bad backup keeper is really crass to see. Makes their whole back four way more confident.