Premier League Gameweek 9

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just watching the highlights again and I’m struggling to figure out what’s happening with United’s back line for all of the goals in the first half.

Why do they all get pulled across like that? For
the first goal AWB tries to press with Greenwood but leaves space in behind which leads to Lindelof having to cover, then Maguire ends up at right centre back covering Lindelof, and Shaw has to come over to try and engage Salah which leaves Keita with a free run on goal.
Is it that they’re not being trained how to press as a team correctly, or should Rashford/Greenwood (not sure who was left wing) help cover? Should Shaw have pushed up to play Salah offside? Is it just individual errors?

Why does Shaw keep coming over to a CB position? Does he think he needs to cover Maguire or is this just bad coaching?

I didn’t even think we were that good but the United defending and all round play off the ball was ridiculous.

Deery

Dreary
Just watching the highlights again and I’m struggling to figure out what’s happening with United’s back line for all of the goals in the first half.

Why do they all get pulled across like that? For
the first goal AWB tries to press with Greenwood but leaves space in behind which leads to Lindelof having to cover, then Maguire ends up at right centre back covering Lindelof, and Shaw has to come over to try and engage Salah which leaves Keita with a free run on goal.
Is it that they’re not being trained how to press as a team correctly, or should Rashford/Greenwood (not sure who was left wing) help cover? Should Shaw have pushed up to play Salah offside? Is it just individual errors?

Why does Shaw keep coming over to a CB position? Does he think he needs to cover Maguire or is this just bad coaching?

I didn’t even think we were that good but the United defending and all round play off the ball was ridiculous.
It’s been a theme of the back line for ages they end up in the most ridiculous of shapes and concede easy goals all the time. Your pretty much right in what you’re saying I think Shaw can’t trust Maguire and Greenwood doesn’t track back so AWB can’t trust him as well. I think the centre backs do this thing were they try to cover full backs and get caught badly out of position because they are so far from the centre of the pitch which causes chaos in the defence, I think Maguire is the one to have started it and now Lindelof has followed. The should just keep their formation and defend rather than trying to be proactive and causing massive holes in defence. It’s a shambles wouldn’t see Konate or VVD at it..

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp basically telling the team to stop playing after Pogba went off is quite damning. And damn well insulting. Ronaldo and Pogba's thuggish behaviour showed why its usually better to insult a Sunday League team by not letting them have the ball rather than thrashing them 13-0.

Everton last season writing off Thiago and VvD in ONE game. Burnley this season chopping and elbowing our players, don't know how we escaped that uninjured. And now Utd possibly ending Keita's season. Just because these teams get frustrated at how much better we are. The PL seriously needs to do something, more than simply red cards.

Deery

Dreary
Klopp basically telling the team to stop playing after Pogba went off is quite damning. And damn well insulting. Ronaldo and Pogba's thuggish behaviour showed why its usually better to insult a Sunday League team by not letting them have the ball rather than thrashing them 13-0.

Everton last season writing off Thiago and VvD in ONE game. Burnley this season chopping and elbowing our players, don't know how we escaped that uninjured. And now Utd possibly ending Keita's season. Just because these teams get frustrated at how much better we are. The PL seriously needs to do something, more than simply red cards.
It’s embarrassing from a United perspective to see two of the best paid footballers in the league resort to thuggery because they’re getting outplayed, I think that Pogba one could easily be a leg breaker it’s just not on.

BlackBinBag

No excuse for what some Utd players did yesterday.

A Liverpool fan trying to claim their club & supporters are paragons of virtue is next level delusion & a total rewrite of history.

You've had some of the biggest thugs playing for you during your time as a club, Souness, Mcmahon, Ruddock, Dicks et al. You're present manager is 1 of the most petulant & aggressive managers in modern times. As for your fans, you are hated throughout Europe for good reason & it isn't down to jealousy.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No excuse for what some Utd players did yesterday.

A Liverpool fan trying to claim their club & supporters are paragons of virtue is next level delusion & a total rewrite of history.

You've had some of the biggest thugs playing for you during your time as a club, Souness, Mcmahon, Ruddock, Dicks et al. You're present manager is 1 of the most petulant & aggressive managers in modern times. As for your fans, you are hated throughout Europe for good reason & it isn't down to jealousy.
Whataboutisms don't work here. I didn't say we were virtuous, you used that as a strawman. But I appreciate you and Deery have acknowledged yesterday's unacceptable behaviour.

Unlike others who will go and hide under the "he's a troll/WUM" blanket.

BlackBinBag

Whataboutisms don't work here. I didn't say we were virtuous, you used that as a strawman. But I appreciate you and Deery have acknowledged yesterday's unacceptable behaviour.

Unlike others who will go and hide under the "he's a troll/WUM" blanket.

You were trolling i was just calling you out on it.

As a Liverpool fan you don't have a leg to stand on accusing other teams players & fans of objectionable behaviour.

If yesterdays roles were reversed i have no doubt some of your players would have committed similar offences. I remember Stevie G trying to break Herrera's leg a few years ago, this when you were still in the game.

Many of our players yesterday had their worst ever game in a Utd shirt. To top it all it happened to be a game against our most hated rivals. It's only natural that players are going to start leaving something on their opponents given the circumstances.