Premier League Gameweek 9

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Aston Villa players doing a free kick run up routine like Inspector Clouseau and Tucker

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That's more of a dive than a pen despite the contact

Cpt Negative

Surely the ref should have blown as soon as he missed? Where did the extra time come from given he’d blown for half time?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Might be a penalty but i hate these sort of "fouls" being given, it's going very fast, defender clearly trying to play the ball while the striker is just shielding.
I'll take it though, Martinez almost the hero :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can’t stand that keeper, plays mind games when the opposition have a penalty, he did the exact same against us! If I scored a pen past him after he tried playing games I’d run around him

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
8-0 win for Liverpool and Arsenal go above United at the end of the weekend.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How is that a penalty?

Awful decision

Barely any contact with Lacazette if any, if I were Dean Smith I'd be furious.

Flexdegea

That VAR is selective...........honestly couldn't tell you how it works this season.

It's worked tonight like it's meant too, but barely has worked like this all season. They took forever to bring it back to ref attention

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That VAR is selective...........honestly couldn't tell you how it works this season.

It's worked tonight like it's meant too, but barely has worked like this all season. They took forever to bring it back to ref attention
They just waited for a break in play?

Hoof the ball

Two minutes injury time and they get the penalty almost at the three minute mark despite the fact that there was no stoppages in injury time to warrant an extended minute on top of the two given. :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Two minutes injury time and they get the penalty almost at the three minute mark despite the fact that there was no stoppages in injury time to warrant an extended minute on top of the two given. :lol:
The incident happened well before the 2 minute mark, they just waited for the stop in play it looks like.

arnie_ni

Did he not blow of halftime? Why was he allowed to take the rebound

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What’s your thoughts on Buendia so far?
Not impressed really. One of those lightweight playermakers who just floats around the pitch without doing much. In fairness he played well v Wolves but other games he's been average for what we paid.

Leon Bailey is far more talented so we need to get him on and hope to force Arsenal back a bit at least but game is over now.

That's my issue with Dean Smith. He's just too slow to tweak things. We started off awful, does nothing to formation. Then we concede and he's deep in conversation with Craig Shakespeare for 5 minutes. Again does nothing and gambles we can go in at half time 1 down and we give away stupid penalty.

Never going to manage at top end of premier league with that kind of dithering I'm afraid.

Not impressed really. One of those lightweight playermakers who just floats around the pitch without doing much. In fairness he played well v Wolves but other games he's been average for what we paid.

Leon Bailey is far more talented so we need to get him on and hope to force Arsenal back a bit at least but game is over now.

That's my issue with Dean Smith. He's just too slow to tweak things. We started off awful, does nothing to formation. Then we concede and he's deep in conversation with Craig Shakespeare for 5 minutes. Again does nothing and gambles we can go in at half time 1 down and we give away stupid penalty.

Never going to manage at top end of premier league with that kind of dithering I'm afraid.
A 2-0 deficit is nothing, game isn’t over till the final whistle.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Tavares has looked good tonight. I didn’t know anything about him when we signed him so asked the Portuguese fans on here who resoundingly said he was useless.
Hopefully he can continue like this and not dip.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Tavares has looked good tonight. I didn’t know anything about him when we signed him so asked the Portuguese fans on here who resoundingly said he was useless.
Hopefully he can continue like this and not dip.
His crossing is pretty good, he should stick to that and not be so trigger happy.