Premier League Gameweek 9

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So pleased for Hudson-Odoi. Great finish.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They’re stuck in that no mans land where they’re too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League. It’s like in Fifa where the world class difficulty becomes too easy but moving up to legendary is a step too far. :lol:
They're content with that though because the 'reward' money for finishing bottom means relegation isn't really a punishment anymore

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its a good job Chelsea have about 8 attackers out cause with Werner and Lukaku in particular it could be about 20-0.

imanshole

Supports
Chelsea Fc
Starting to feel Chelsea could draw this not confident of that front 3 and Havertz needs a few chances to score..
i got to say you got that prediction thing going for you.

GeorgieBoy

Norwich are such a stain on the league.
Any money they take points from us.

The Firestarter

They’re stuck in that no mans land where they’re too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League. It’s like in Fifa where the world class difficulty becomes too easy but moving up to legendary is a step too far. :lol:
But what doesn't compute is how Brentford are doing so much better when they went to the PL after a play off and Norwich fecking won the thing.

DavidDeSchmikes

No urgency, no passion or hope from Norwich.
9 games in, so it can be turned around, but it's not looking good

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't think I've ever seen a prem team this bad before.

Like they won't even get to 15 points.

captaincantona

It’s amazing how despite Norwich being so deep, Chelsea’s full backs are still getting space; their 9 is coming deep allowing runs from midfield and their back 3 looks completely secure on the break. Dominant and very well organised against a low black. Walk in the park.

Jealous.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chelsea look great pretty much week in week out
They have their good days and bad days, struggled vs Brentford and barely laid a glove on City.
They'll be right there when the trophies are handed out though.

mancan92

They have their good days and bad days, struggled vs Brentford and barely laid a glove on City.
They'll be right there when the trophies are handed out though.
Sure it's an exaggeration cause every team has off days. But pretty much 90% of the time they look like a well oiled machine

Smacky The Frog

Are Norwich usually this feckless? I understand not having the quality, but it feels like they're not even trying anything. Just a complete lack of personality all over the pitch.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What happened to Norwich in terms of their overall play?

I know they finished bottom last time but they made a good fist of a lot of matches(ala the win over City). Their lack of quality got them most weeks in the end but they had a good go at it and played excellent football. This is unrecognisable.

imanshole

Supports
Chelsea Fc
I know people would say it's just norwich, but this is still very impressive from Chelsea, cuz we know one team this Norwich side will trouble no matter the form they are in.
The same as Aston Villa.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I hadn’t been paying the table much attention yet this early in the season so I just realized that with this result against Norwich, if Liverpool win tomorrow we would be 8 points clear of United. :eek:

For some reason I thought you guys were only 2-3 points behind us.

ShinjiNinja26

But what doesn't compute is how Brentford are doing so much better when they went to the PL after a play off and Norwich fecking won the thing.
Aye it’s strange but some clubs coming up just have a way of playing that catches teams off guard. Look at Sheffield United when they came up, really good first season before eventually getting found out in the second. Although Brentford seem like a really well run club and may make a better go of it than Sheffield.

marktan

I still don't understand selling Buendia for £35m, yeah it's a decent sum but he was their focal point, without him there's very little in that team. Surely at least trying to be competitive is worth more than £35m

lloyd2wayne

Chelsea look great pretty much week in week out
It’s crazy how people don’t watch games but go with the score line or what the media says. Chelsea have had a lot of poor games this season don’t be fooled.

Then when you are told it’s not true, you then say ok 90% of the time they play good. You are just making things up as you go. Few weeks ago Tuchel was under pressure losing back to back games.

Grass is always greener and all that.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It’s crazy how people don’t watch games but go with the score line or what the media says. Chelsea have had a lot of poor games this season don’t be fooled.

Then when you are told it’s not true, you then say ok 90% of the time they play good. You are just making things up as you go. Few weeks ago Tuchel was under pressure losing back to back games.

Grass is always greener and all that.
We’ve had 2 really poor performances (City & Juve) and one poor 20-25 minutes against Brentford. So not that many.

Definitely haven’t been at our best yet this season for sure.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Sure it's an exaggeration cause every team has off days. But pretty much 90% of the time they look like a well oiled machine
They are very solid which helps, so even when they aren't fluid they don't give up goals but honestly as a whole this season in 12 games their attack has struggled vs City, Brentford, Liverpool, Zenit, Juve and Villa in the Carabao Cup. The Southampton game was also on a knife edge till the red card.

Similar to City when the attack doesn't click, sometimes its chance creation, sometimes finishing, the defense is so strong it papers over the creative struggles, when it does click they just brush teams aside like Spurs, Villa and today.

frostbite

All three goals by Chelsea's academy youngsters!

When was the last time our academy youngsters scored 3 goals in PL?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Really good finish by Mason. Something he’s been quite poor at this season so far. I hope this gives him the confidence to push on again like last season.
I like him a lot but if he can channel Lampard a little with the goal like he did today it’ll really help him and the team. He’s still so young and he’s a clever player too, so I can see him really developing in this area
What happened to Norwich in terms of their overall play?

I know they finished bottom last time but they made a good fist of a lot of matches(ala the win over City). Their lack of quality got them most weeks in the end but they had a good go at it and played excellent football. This is unrecognisable.
While he’s not really set the world alight at Villa, Buendia was so vital for them last season. He wasn’t just fundamental in terms of creating chances and goals, but their general play was heavily channeled through him. Without him they not only lose his quality in terms of creating chances, but also his ability to raise the levels of those around him.

I really think they should be utilising Gilmour