Premier League Gameweek 9

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It’s really depressing how far off we are as a team to the likes of City, Pool & Chelsea,

It’s night and day sadly and hilarious to think some of us (I included) though we might, just might have a sniff of challenging for major Trophies this season,

Another worry is I can’t see us making up the difference in 1 year with our current set up and I’m not talking about the players
We kissed good bye to contending for any major trophies this season when we decided to continue with Ole this season (on top of rewarding him with a 3 year contract)

Those who pointed out that Ole was the biggest handicap at this club, at the time of his renewal were hounded out for their opinion and being a "plastic cnut of a fan"

Despite the mental gymnastics in here, manager is the most important person at any football club. Ole is never going to pip all 3 of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp in the same season. Never mind, accounting for Europe. The gulf in managerial ability is too big. So, let's rally together and hope for Tommys Tuchel Chelsea to stop our two biggest rivals from winning the Premier League. To our owners and board, CL football is be-all and end-all. To think, one rabid Ole inner put me on ignore for this, bless :lol:

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Won't be a pen because of offside but that is really stupid by Ederson, regardless.

Edit: Or? Seems I was mistaken.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Stonewall peno and well deserved for the 2nd half.

M16Red

Lamptey if we didn't have Laird, we should be all over the chap.

imanshole

Supports
Chelsea Fc
It must be right? Look at Chelsea’s defence for instance. On paper our players may be better but as a unit, as a team, they all work hard for each other and it’s the same with the rest of these teams and why we struggle with too many strong individuals and a weak leader.
Our defenders are scoring every game and still keeping clean sheets, I don't see how yours are better than ours. The only one of yours I will consider is Varane because of his Madrid days of old. Our WB/FB score goals every day and create chances too and our three at the back are intelligents defenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

M16Red

The starting point for a phase of play that leads to a goal or penalty incident will be limited to the immediate phase and not necessarily go back to when the attacking team gained possession.

Other factors for consideration will be the ability of the defence to reset and the momentum of the attack.

In other words, City was able to reset the defence and the opposition didn't utilise an advantage from the Offside person.

big rons sovereign

We kissed good bye to contending for any major trophies this season when we decided to continue with Ole this season (on top of rewarding him with a 3 year contract)

Those who pointed out that Ole was the biggest handicap at this club, at the time of his renewal were hounded out for their opinion and being a "plastic cnut of a fan"

Despite the mental gymnastics in here, manager is the most important person at any football club. Ole is never going to pip all 3 of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp in the same season. Never mind, accounting for Europe. The gulf in managerial ability is too big. So, let's rally together and hope for Tommys Tuchel Chelsea to stop our two biggest rivals from winning the Premier League. To our owners and board, CL football is be-all and end-all. To think, one rabid Ole inner put me on ignore for this, bless :lol:
Jesus Christ. Dry yer eyes man.

U99ted

Was that away record all draws then? How are we not even in the top 4?
From our first away game in 2021 (Burnley) to now (Leicester):

P16 W8 D7 L1

It was little to shout about

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Was that away record all draws then? How are we not even in the top 4?
It was ‘wins’ not draws . .
As is written in large print for anyone who cares to see . .

Your now ended record run was for being unbeaten and, while it was an honourable endeavour, you had plenty of draws in there because it wasn’t about wins it was about not losing.
But that doesn’t relate because this is about consecutive wins . . just wins, no draws, just wins.

big rons sovereign

It was ‘wins’ not draws . .
As is written in large print for anyone who cares to see . .

Your now ended record run was for being unbeaten and, while it was an honourable endeavour, you had plenty of draws in there because it wasn’t about wins it was about not losing.
But that doesn’t relate because this is about consecutive wins . . just wins, no draws, just wins.
Wow, so busy were you to be a snidey little turd that you've completely missed the context of the question.
I suppose the irony of talking about honour whilst being a supporter of a club owned by murdering slavers is quite lost on you....

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What do the fellow oppos think about tomorrow’s game? Feels like make or break for United’s title bid, but can we afford to lose if we want to win the league? We would be 4 behind Chelsea at an early stage of the season but people were writing City off after that leis game last season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What do the fellow oppos think about tomorrow’s game? Feels like make or break for United’s title bid, but can we afford to lose if we want to win the league? We would be 4 behind Chelsea at an early stage of the season but people were writing City off after that leis game last season.
Form kinda goes out the window in these games. Man United will win.

Deery

Dreary
Need to say in the game as long as possible if that means playing counter attack with Rashford so be it, we always have a chance with Ronaldo the later it goes on.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Need to say in the game as long as possible if that means playing counter attack with Rashford so be it, we always have a chance with Ronaldo the later it goes on.
Rashford down our right channel is what concerns me a lot for tomorrow. We leave so much space there and Rashford exploits it better than anyone.

Very interesting game tactically. I think the question for United is whether or not you can handle periods of pressure that we have. I don’t doubt that you’ll score but we’ve been so good offensively this season.

Deery

Dreary
Rashford down our right channel is what concerns me a lot for tomorrow. We leave so much space there and Rashford exploits it better than anyone.

Very interesting game tactically. I think the question for United is whether or not you can handle periods of pressure that we have. I don’t doubt that you’ll score but we’ve been so good offensively this season.
That’ll be where the games won or lost, I think we need a Fred McTominay midfield if Matic starts I can see us being overrun with Trent joining in the attack. A work rate of Fred is badly needed I hope he is fit..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
What do the fellow oppos think about tomorrow’s game? Feels like make or break for United’s title bid, but can we afford to lose if we want to win the league?
Yes. 5W, 3D, 1L after 9 games isn't the perfect start but 4 points off the top is nothing at this stage. A loss for United would probably confirm them as out of the race though. 4W, 2D, 3L and 8 points off the top after 9 is not title winning form by anyone's standards.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think it could get ugly, Liverpool win 1-3. Ole to be sacked after Chelsea. A defeat won't be the end of a title bid for Liverpool, losing Salah and Mane will.

croadyman

How did Watford concede 5 to the scousers but then a week later stick 5 past their neighbours away from home

Sylar

I think ole has done it before with Rashford starting on the left and then moving down the middle for balls over the top to exploit space. Need the pass to be right too.
Also we will concede, there's no doubt, it's just when and how many. There's times when we concede and it looks like it could be two or three.

CR1

My team selection for the next run of games. Obvisously, this is assuming no injuries. So if a player is injured, just replace him with the next one in the pecking or rotation order.

Liverpool
Ronaldo Rashford
Fernandes
Pogba Fred Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Awb
Ddg

Tottenham
Rashford Greenwood Sancho
Fernandes Fred Vdb
Ddg

Atalanta
Ronaldo Cavani Sancho
Fernandes Fred Vdb
Shaw Maguire Varane Awb
Ddg

City
Ronaldo Rashford
Fernandes
Pogba Fred Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Varane Awb
Ddg

- Subject to changes, of course.
- Plus make as much use of the substitutions as possible, especially with regards to the players who are rarely rotated like Fernandes etc.

Deery

Dreary
My team selection for the next run of games. Obvisously, this is assuming no injuries. So if a player is injured, just replace him with the next one in the pecking or rotation order.

Liverpool
Ronaldo Rashford
Fernandes
Pogba Fred Mctominay
Ddg

Tottenham
Rashford Greenwood Sancho
Fernandes Fred Vdb
Ddg

Atalanta
Ronaldo Cavani Sancho
Fernandes Fred Vdb
Shaw Maguire Varane Awb
Ddg

City
Ronaldo Rashford
Fernandes
Pogba Fred Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Varane Awb
Ddg

- Subject to changes, of course.
- Plus make as much use of the substitutions as possible, especially with regards to the players who are rarely rotated like Fernandes etc.
Not bad team selections although I can’t see VDB starting at all..

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
TAA and Robertson are key to this. If those two or at least one of them keep pinning united back with with a limited response then it will tough for Rashford to do his thing. Rashford and Greenwood are who scare me the most.
If they don’t score I think we win and maybe quite comfortably for once. If we lose it’s not a disaster. If they lose it is.