Premier League Gameweek 9

padr81

Supports
Man City
Stonewall red. He's gone. This is a team who are trying to get the manager sacked.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its kinda reached that stage where its stopped being funny and just feels uncomfortable to watch. Someone mentioned the Brazil 7-1 and thats the vibe I had then too.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Disgraceful challenge, feel sorry for keita who’s put in his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. Railroaded his season again. Doesn’t loook good at all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bit annoying to beat Norwich 7-0 in a weekend Liverpool are away at United, then this happens.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Naby just can’t get a break. Just when you think he’s settled this shite happens.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ugh feck off Pogba, Keita once again injured.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Disgraceful challenge, feel sorry for keita who’s put in his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. Railroaded his season again. Doesn’t loook good at all.
Looks well hurt could be out for awhile. Honestly the Fernandes one was orange as well. Overly fired up to restore some pride.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Disgusting tackle, they're shit so it was unnecesary to do something like that...

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Bit annoying to beat Norwich 7-0 in a weekend Liverpool are away at United, then this happens.
Makes our 1 - 1 with 10 men look better, that's for sure. Liverpool issues can be if they get a few injuries as the season goes on, lack of depth.

Utd could always have had the balance problems we're seeing with CR7 playing, not an easy one to fix for any manager.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Makes our 1 - 1 with 10 men look better, that's for sure. Liverpool issues can be if they get a few injuries as the season goes on, lack of depth.

Utd could always have had the balance problems we're seeing with CR7 playing, not an easy one to fix for any manager.
I was just thinking about the GD, to be honest. We caught up to Liverpool yesterday. Well behind them again now.

Winrar

FAO Oppo fans that haven't played us yet:

It's looking like we won't be able to keep Ole at the helm for y'all. Sorry.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Neville is such an idiot, he's actually of the opinion that Man United's pressing doesn't work because the individual attacking players aren't (physiologically? cognitively?) capable of pressing, because Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo "can't press".

cyberman

It’s nothing to do with Ronaldo.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Neville is such an idiot, he's actually of the opinion that Man United's pressing doesn't work because the individual attacking players aren't (physiologically? cognitively?) capable of pressing.
Which is why he is a pundit and not a successful manager.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Ronaldo has nothing to do with this. It's so easy to blame it on him but how many chances did we create for him.

Leg-End

Neville is such an idiot, he's actually of the opinion that Man United's pressing doesn't work because the individual attacking players aren't (physiologically? cognitively?) capable of pressing, because Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo "can't press".
He actually did that say, which shows why he isn't a manager.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So weird the last 30 minutes of that was like sitting at a funeral. It was like even Liverpool felt "this is weird" and just stopped

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That was better than anything I could’ve possibly imagined. Thought we were so clinical in the first half. Keita was excellent and I thought Konate was a smart choice. Salah is on another planet.

United were horrendous though. So unorganised.
Maguire and Shaw had a nightmare on their side but the lack of cover from midfield in the first half was monstrous. Ronaldo is a liability to how the team sets up imo.

Hope Keita’s injury isn’t too bad.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Carragher is right. A one man press on the goalie when the nearest teammate is 20 metres away is a pointless, it's just wasting energy.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Did not expect that to be so easy. That’s not the united I know at all. Anyway Ole‘s post match is coming up. I almost expect a resignation speech? Is that a possibility?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That was better than anything I could’ve possibly imagined. Thought we were so clinical in the first half. Keita was excellent and I thought Konate was a smart choice. Salah is on another planet.

Maguire and Shaw had a nightmare on their side but the lack of cover from midfield in the first half was monstrous. Ronaldo is a liability to how the team sets up imo.

This is on a manager to sort everything out. Ole hasn't the foggiest how to lineup tactically at this level.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Did not expect that to be so easy. That’s not the united I know at all. Anyway Ole‘s post match is coming up. I almost expect a resignation speech? Is that a possibility?
Resigning would be dumber than putting McFred in midfield. Let the weekend blow out and take your check on Tuesday. He's not leaving millions on the table to appease United fans.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He is right about Cristiano though. It's not like Ancelotti, Zidane, Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo all didn't ask him to for giggles...

In general, yeah, some players *are* physiologically/cognitively worse at it and United *do* have a bunch of them. None of it absolves the manager though. If you've got a bunch of players who are bad/don't want to press, maybe don't press...or play fewer players who are bad/don't want to do it at once...

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He is right about Cristiano though. It's not like Ancelotti, Zidane, Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo all didn't ask him to for giggles...

In general, yeah, some players *are* physiologically/cognitively worse at it and United *do* have a bunch of them. None of it absolves the manager though. If you've got a bunch of players who are bad/don't want to press, maybe don't press...or play fewer players who are bad/don't want to do it at once...
He wants to press and plays a mismatch of players who will and ones who absolutely won’t. Not sure what he tells them when he’s coaching them to press but probably best to give that up. You can’t play a high line with Maguire behind Fred.

ariveded

Sprinting back, this Man Utd has little of it. You can't play football if you can't sprint different directions.

You can't press when your players can't sprint back. AWB is the worst of the lot.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Away to Spurs
Home to City
Away to Watford
Away to Chelsea
Home to Arsenal

United could easily lose their next 5 league games. They also have two away games in the UCL against Atalanta and Villarreal in amongst these.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Away to Spurs
Home to City
Away to Watford
Away to Chelsea
Home to Arsenal

United could easily lose their next 5 league games. They also have two away games in the UCL against Atalanta and Villarreal in amongst these.
At first I didn't want Ole gone, and Klopp did his genius best by taking the foot off the gas and Ole's neck to ensure the humiliation was not absolute.

But now looking at City and Chelsea fixtures coming up I'm thinking the silver lining is actually for him to leave in the next few days and a new manager bounce takes the points off our rivals.

Winrar

The writing was on the wall that something like this was bound to happen, but once the match actually went on and you scored the 5th early in the second half and red card followed I genuinely was fearing for a 8 to 10 goal blowout. Regardless we played like a midtable championship team with no organization and you took full advantage so it's nothing less than a fair result, that's all that has to be said.

With a result like this I've withdrawn any emotion I had attached to the club for this season at least until Ole leaves. And with that I really hope you enjoy a great rest of the day.