Premier League Matchday 8

Carolina Red

Staff
Really good interview by Bruce there. I know that feeling of knowing there’s new bosses coming in and everyone’s about to get fired. It’s not easy talking about “the future” when folks ask and you know that you’re not gonna be part of that.

Now, to his credit, he’s got a nice payday coming to him if they fire him. That would make things a bit easier :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs are better than us.
That's not the end. A whole host of teams bunching up behind (West Ham, Brentford, Everton, Arsenal if they win tomorrow, etc) waiting to push Utd into the bottom half of the table after the next game.

Worrying times for Ole fans, like me. :nervous:

PoTMS

We have some very stupid owners in charge of us. I hate what we have become.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just a follow-up on the story of the fan who collapsed at the Newcastle game. He's now described as "stable and responsive" in hospital.

Apparently the first people on the scene were St John's ambulance and they were doing CPR and preparing to use a defib. Then a hospital A&E doctor and his cardiologist pal arrived and took over the operation. The Newcastle club doctor went over as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/18/doctor-who-helped-save-newcastle-fan-hailed-as-hero

The A&E doctor looked pretty chuffed by the reception he got as he went back to his seat.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Be interesting to see what Nev got to say here. Think he's doing a bit on United on tonight's show

francobaresi

Once again Neville refusing to criticise his good pal Solskjaer. Pinning it all on the players. Absolute coward

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not that we needed this camera angle that they got on MNF to tell us how shite we were on Saturday, but it really does highlight it even more. It really is amateur stuff. Just piss poor all around.

Also agree with Nev. I said this in the matchday thread, but Leicester weren’t even that good. That’s the most worrying part. You can’t even say “ah fair play, they were excellent there” They deserved to win, but they didn’t do anything special.

arnie_ni

Once again Neville refusing to criticise his good pal Solskjaer. Pinning it all on the players. Absolute coward
Refusing to criticise? He said there's no style of play, no patterns, no ideas in attack.

Then said he's under pressure at the end.

He said plenty ffs

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought Neville spoke alright there, to be honest. Basically admitted that he's never going to call for the manager, which we all know, but obviously acknowledges that it's simply not good enough with the players we have.

Agree with what Carra said as well.

In fairness he said at the start of the season that we could easily finish lower than second after making the signings we did.

Such is the league and the teams/managers we are up against.
He also said Varane, Kane, Sancho = Title

at this point he just needs to stop talking

Flexdegea

No need to talk rubbish, he said plenty there.

Weirdly agreed with Carra and him, even if they where sort of arguing against each other

hobbers

Neville is never going to talk straightforward sense about our manager. The manager being his mate only compounds it.

He's one of those brainless "well we tried a top manager twice in LVG and Mourinho, and they failed, so now we should never look at a highly rated manager ever again" types.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What? They were practically ganging up on Solskjaer, heavy criticism if I ever heard one.

Neville said that he will not call for managers to be sacked on principle, and frankly it is a principle I respect and appreciate.
Then he says he won't break that principle for a good mate, of all people, either, should be more than fair enough.

Frankly I wish they would stop singling out players and calling for them to be replaced either, the way Carragher talks about players "levels" like that Newcastle backline is not okay in my book.

arnie_ni

No need to talk rubbish, he said plenty there.

Weirdly agreed with Carra and him, even if they where sort of arguing against each other
They agreed with each other actually except carra tried to say pogba was the main problem. Neville said its all of them

Trequarista10

He absolutely DID question Ole, not sure what your listening to.
Yeah, I don't know what people expect. Well, aside from expecting him to say verbatim what they want him to say.

Neville has been pretty consistent in not outright saying a United manager should be sacked, same with Moyes, LvG, Jose and Ole. It's not because he's Oles mate as people portray it (although it's an extra factor in his chosen PC stance). Heck, with Jose, just months before he was sacked Neville was laying into the board saying what a disgrace sacking him would be.

arnie_ni

What did he say?
Virtually the same as neville. No style of play basically.

They only disagreed on whether a fa Cup or Europa league is enough to save ole.

Carra said no, neville said yes.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal's first choice XI is actually ok. I don't think they'll break into the top four but top six is very doable for them.

Deery

Dreary
Arsenal's first choice XI is actually ok. I don't think they'll break into the top four but top six is very doable for them.
Yeah actually looks okay they just have to transfer that from paper to pitch.