Premier League Not So Festive Season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only tiny joy is watching Arsenal fan tv later.
They've had some long winning spells, but now could be just 3 points ahead of us in our worst season in 25 years!

Oldyella

I can’t think of any other team that gets the decisions Liverpool get.

Maybe United during the Howard Webb era.
As a few others said earlier, you throw players forward a lot more, and normally at pace, you will get more decisions, soft or not. Same now as it was then.

Ref's feck up, and if you are making them take more decisions then they will get more wrong.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We've got London Bridge going around the stadium. Arsenal are a banter club, not a football club.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Breath near a Liverpool player in the box and it's a penalty.

It's going to make for a very entertaining AFTV episode, but like can we maybe look at some of the decisions they get?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I fear for Southampton.. City are going to destroy them tomorrow.
The scousers destroying Arsenal will only further disintegrate the morale in the City dressing room. Having said that, Southampton have a very average team.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Agree. That has set the club back years. We a glorified cup team instead of title challengers.
It gave everyone, mainly City and Liverpool the impetus they needed. Sickens me just thinking about it.

We’ve done this to ourselves.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I am not. They are not some dream team who can rule couple of seasons. This is Liverpool's maximum, this is the year, they are flying, morale is high, etc...
Next season it is City and United all over again.
Not sure about that. They have a very attractive style of play and a very good manager who improves his players. This year they resolved two big weaknesses - tightened up their defence and toned down the manic pressing that was unsustainable. And they are a club of history. If they win it and keep Klopp there's no reason they can't keep improving by bringing in better players.

Utdstar01

The scousers destroying Arsenal will only further disintegrate the morale in the City dressing room. Having said that, Southampton have a very average team.
Why would it? They need to send a statement tomorrow and build confidence for when they play them at the Etihad.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It gave everyone, mainly City and Liverpool the impetus they needed. Sickens me just thinking about it.

We’ve done this to ourselves.
Which is why we need to get it right this time. I love Ole, but worry that sentimentality will get in the way. There are challenges to come for him.

sugar_kane

There's gonna be some red raw cocks in media centres and newsrooms all around the country come May.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Last week we hadn't had a peno at anfield in more than a year.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forgot all about Lallana.

Wasn't so long ago he was a key player in the Klopp system and also starting for England.

Surprised he's 30, had him down at 25-26.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Which is why we need to get it right this time. I love Ole, but worry that sentimentality will get in the way. There are challenges to come for him.
Thank god we made the change though because if we still had Mourinho it would be even more horrific today. At least we can look forward to our games now and start to build momentum for next season.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Worrying tbh. Let's see how Ole does but I don't think he's shown that he has what it takes to bring us forward. And seems like our best hope is attracting Poch who hasn't shown either that he can outdo the likes of Pep and Klopp.